Which manufacturer makes.....?

Well then @Sabrina you have come to the right place. Queue us into your flavor preference? Tobacco vapes or Cinnamon Toast Crunch… What commercial ejuice can you not stop vaping? yeah and BTW 30% is never going to work, but don’t get mad at the shopkeep …they’re just “feedin’ babies”

4 Likes

Expanding on this a bit, since with a bit of added sleep, it still wouldn’t read ‘quite clear’ to a newbie (which is not a term to imply offense, rather: new to DIY).

When they said 30% is a good starting point (and I used the 80% vg figure above), they’re referring to TOTAL FLAVOR MIX. Not a single flavor. Even the weakest flavor out there isn’t used at 30% (unless that DIY’er’s tastebuds are beyond shot; ie: YEARS of jalapeno’s/habaneros/etc, or other such ‘taste-killing’ factors).

A basic bit of deduction implies that it’s a sum-total or cumulative amount of flavoring. There’s a ton of ways to get to 30% (given your example) and they’re ALL CORRECT. It all depends on what your end goal is for the flavor concoction.

Ex.1 15% + 15% = 30% (2 flavors)
Ex.2 10% + 10% + 10% = 30% (3 flavors)
Ex.3 10% + 10% + 5% + 5% = 30% (4 flavors)
Ex.4 8% + 8% + 6% + 4% + 4% = 30% (5 flavors)
Ex.5 8% + 8% + 6% + 4% + 2% +2% = 30% (4 flavors, 2 ‘enhancers’)
etc etc

EDIT:
Now, if they said “30% is a good starting point”, and you know that it’s a 50/50 mix (vg/pg or pg/vg -pay close attn to these if anything other than 50/50, because some brands use PG first, others use VG first) then common sense would indicate that, 50% is vg, 20% is added pg, and in most cases the rest of the pg is in the 30% flavoring total (as a carrier method).

Hope this makes it clearer.

2 Likes

i have never reached 30percent in a mix or single flavoring to tell you the truth i have never seen it

4 Likes

Obviously a Vape Shop must keep cost down as much as possible. One of the worst costs when making bulk juice lines and buying bulk flavors is the shipping. On average I pay between $16-$18 for shipping because of the weight involved. Many times I buy flavors I don’t even need to boost the dollar amounts to make the ship cost spread out over a larger amount of flavors. As you add more and more companies you buy from, you add more and more cost from shipping. This is why I stuck with using only 2 flavor companies. When you buy bulk, they don’t ship for free. Come August 8, this won’t matter anymore though. Can’t blend anymore…

Well @JoJo, I am still in business right now, but, as you know the FDA REGS will go into effect August 8. By then any juice I have on the shelve will hopefully be gone. I doubt it though. Anything left which will probably be a lot will have to be thrown away since no juice can be in the store that was not made in a CLEAN LAB. Can’t legally give it away, ship it to anyone, nothing. August 9, 2016, my 1st amendment rights will have been taken away. I will no longer be able to say vaping is safer than smoking tobacco. I will no longer be able to say that vaping can help you quit smoking. I can not allow customers to try the Ejuice regardless of where it is made. Basically will not be able to sell my product. Also, all juice sold now will have to come from a TRUE lab. I’ll be selling 30ml from $22-$28 a bottle from the supposed PREMIUM companies. Dec. 31, 2016, The truest test of all…By this date a Vape Shop MUST have paid the FDA over $3300 (don’t remember the exact amount). This I’m told is a annual amount. A complete inventory will have to be submitted to the FDA. This inventory from that date on will have to be submitted Bi-annually. Guys, Gals, this guy won’t do it. I will not give them my money nor do I want to work a lot more for a whole lot less money. What I have decided to do is sell Vape accessories which are supposed to be exempt. Replacement Tanks, Skins, Glass, Batteries, Chargers, Wire, Cotton, Drip Tips, etc, ect, ect, AND CBD. I will not have mods nor will I have EJuice. I am considering selling DIY supplies as well. Oh, and SNOWCONES (Just Kidding). As I said, THIS will be the true test. This will either allow me time to add products that will help continue to keep me in business, or fail miserably. Only time will tell…

4 Likes

Oh man. I am so sorry. :pensive: It’s good to hear how these regs are affecting people from the standpoint of someone who is living it. This thoroughly sucks. It is totally absurd and, if for your sake alone, I hope someone is able to get this overreaching joke they’re calling regulation under control. I don’t blame you in the least for not wanting to submit to their asinine rules.

9 Likes

The only true possible help for some of us is if these 3 lawsuits could BEFORE December 31 make the REGS become null and void for a rewrite and giving us more time. Truth be told the FEE and the inventory will probably stay intact and this will become like all other industries. Those with the money survive. I have said this once before, watch, once the Tobacco companies buy up all the major players in this industry then suddenly Ecigarettes will become the miracle cure and as good as a wholesome glass of milk. I’ll be real surprised if we don’t see this happen. Once the tobacco companies own it they don’t mind paying the same fees on Ecigarettes as they do on analogs. When you own it all, who cares. By the way, and sure wish I could hear actual confirmation, BUT, I have heard rumor that Suicide Bunny wants out of this crap. Perhaps it will be Marlboros Mother’s Milk someday…

9 Likes

[quote=“ringling, post:12, topic:72341”]
I have said this once before, watch, once the Tobacco companies buy up all the major players in this industry then suddenly Ecigarettes will become the miracle cure and as good as a wholesome glass of milk. I’ll be real surprised if we don’t see this happen.[/quote]
Reading my mind brother. The whole deal just reeks of a power grab, with the FDA trying to facilitate the circumstances to make it happen.

Now there’s a nasty mental image!
The “Marlboro Man’s Mother’s Milk”. That ‘source’ should be dried up by now, don’cha think?? :x

4 Likes

When I was working on my original version of a Tiger’s Blood clone from a local company, I was approached by someone if their “lab” that steered me in the correct directions of the flavors used and percentages. I had gotten my mix to be spot on from my opinion, which was confirmed by this person. They told me that I had it correct in the flavor department but was off on the total flavor percentage used. My total percentage was at 20% and I was told that they mixed at double that. HOLY COW…40%. Well I kept mine at 20% and have since then mad some modifications to improve it, even though it was damn good they way it was.

2 Likes

holy sh#! that is funny. Can’t stop laughing…

1 Like

I know it’s not alot of help but ive been looking for some replacement glass for tanks like the smok micro and i need some coils for a couple different tanks im not sure how you will be priced but I’d like to check it out so I could possibly give you some business2

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts! At this time I see no glass available for the Micro TFV4. Have you searched Fasttech? Honest truth, as much as I appreciate you wanting to give me your business you need to realize that I am a semi-retired man who tries to get people off the stinkies and sells only on the weekend. I do not ship product (Good thing cause the regs & Tx law make that difficult) I can help if you are local to me though. By all means I would love to. Truth be told if I was a 7 day a week Vape Shop I would most likely give the FDA the $3300 fee and continue to conduct business with Premium Ejuices. It’s just not worth it in my situation. They have taken all the fun out of it. See I’m not necessarily in this for the money…

7 Likes

VapeNW has replacement glass for the TFV4 Micro

3 Likes

i ordered from them last week and after they said it was in stock i got an email saying they refunding me my money bc they are out of stock , ill call today i actually live in WA state so they are my first option typically

2 Likes

thank you for all you do , and i wish you the best ,

3 Likes

you were right and I accidentally ordered the mini glass replacement instead of the micro plus so ty and I just ordered

1 Like

That’s cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ringling I know that alot of people are stocking up on diy things especially nicotine since you are alot closer to whats going on in your opinion is it necassary for a diy guy or gal to stock up on nicotine ??? will it become a problem getting it for. vendors via internet and do you think the cost will substantially rise

2 Likes

Michelle Hughes
June 22 at 5:40pm
This is a long letter but it states in fact that DIY will not be affected by the FDA as of now. As long as you don’t SELL the juice.
Dear Ms. Hughes,
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding its recently finalized rule, “Deeming Tobacco Products to be Subject to the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act” (Deeming rule).
You have indicated that you are a consumer that mixes e-liquids in your home for personal use. If you are mixing these components for personal consumption only, then you are not regulated by the FDA. If you are mixing these components and then selling them to others, you would be considered both a retailer and a manufacturer. A retailer includes any person who sells tobacco products to individuals for personal consumption, and a manufacturer means any person, including any repacker and/or relabeler, who manufactures, fabricates, assembles, processes, or labels a finished tobacco product. The new rules will have no impact on your ability to be able to purchase your components and make e-liquids for your personal use; however they are designed to ensure that whatever you choose to purchase is safe for consumption.
You may be interested to know that the FDA Center for Tobacco Products is responsible for carrying out the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, which Congress passed in 2009. This law—commonly called the Tobacco Control Act—gives us broad authority to regulate the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of tobacco products. The FDA’s mandate is to protect Americans from tobacco-related disease and death. Ultimately, we hope that regulating all tobacco products will have a positive impact on public health. That is the motivation for finalizing the rule.
We understand that consumers, manufacturers, retailers and related businesses will be impacted by this rule in some way. Given your interest in the rule, I want to share some additional information about it in case you would like to read more.
Final Rule Addresses Public Health Concerns Focusing on Youth
The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (TCA), passed by Congress on a bipartisan basis and signed by the President in 2009, gave the FDA tools to protect the public from the harms of tobacco use. Since June 2009, the FDA has regulated cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, and smokeless tobacco products under its tobacco control authority. The law also gave the FDA the ability, through rulemaking, to regulate additional products that meet the legal definition of a tobacco product.
This new rule brings all tobacco products under FDA oversight, including e-cigarettes, cigars, hookah tobacco and pipe tobacco, among others. This historic step will help improve public health and protect future generations from the risks of tobacco use by putting additional restrictions in place that make it illegal to sell tobacco products to minors.
Before this rule, there was no federal law prohibiting stores and websites from selling e-cigarettes, hookah tobacco, and cigars to minors. The new rule aims to deter youth initiation through restricting youth access to these products by:
• Not allowing products to be sold to persons under the age of 18 years;
• Requiring age verification by photo ID;
• Not allowing the selling of tobacco products in vending machines (unless in an adult-only facility); and
• Not allowing the distribution of free samples.

The rule also serves as the foundation for future FDA actions related to tobacco, including where scientific data supports regulatory action, addressing flavors in combustible products.
Extending the FDA’s Authority is a Milestone in Public Health and Consumer Protection
Going forward, the FDA will be able to review all new tobacco products not yet on the market. The actions being taken also will help the FDA prevent misleading claims and provide consumers with better information about the risks of tobacco use. The rule also will allow the FDA to evaluate the ingredients of tobacco products, how those products are made, and their potential dangers.
The rule will subject all manufacturers, importers and/or retailers of newly-regulated tobacco products to any applicable provisions, bringing them in line with other tobacco products the FDA has regulated under the TCA since 2009.
These requirements include:
· Registering manufacturing establishments and providing product listings to the FDA;
· Reporting ingredients, and harmful and potentially harmful constituents;
· Requiring premarket review and authorization of new tobacco products by the FDA;
· Placing health warnings on product packages and advertisements; and
· Not selling modified risk tobacco products (including those described as “light,” “low,” or “mild”) unless authorized by the FDA.
Manufacturers of newly-regulated products must show that the products meet the applicable public health standard set forth in the law and receive authorization from the FDA, unless the product was on the market as of Feb. 15, 2007. The review process gives the agency the ability to evaluate important factors such as ingredients, product design and health risks, as well as their appeal to youth and non-users.
Under staggered timelines, the FDA does not intend to enforce the premarket review requirements for up to three years while manufacturers submit – and the FDA reviews – a new tobacco product application. The FDA will issue an order granting marketing authorization where appropriate; otherwise the product will be subject to enforcement.
For More Information
To assist the newly-regulated tobacco industry in complying with the requirements, the FDA is also publishing several other regulatory documents that provide additional clarity, instructions and/or the FDA’s current thinking on issues specific to the newly-regulated products.
For more information:
· Final Rule: https://federalregister.gov/a/2016-10685
· Deeming – Extending Authorities to All Tobacco Products, Including E-Cigarettes, Cigars, and Hookah: http://www.fda.gov/…/Labeling/RulesRegulation…/ucm388395.htm
· FDA takes significant steps to protect Americans from dangers of tobacco through new regulation: http://www.fda.gov/…/Newsr…/PressAnnouncements/UCM499234.htm

8 Likes

much appreciated

1 Like

Don’t thank me… @authormichellehughes did all the labor for this reply from the FDA. [but, you’re welcome, eh? ]

3 Likes