Which Nicotine base

I decided to go with 100% vg. I don’t like throat hits. I figured since I like big clouds. I’ll make adjustments with ph. Which would be much easier than trying to control vg. I appreciate your words. Thank you

3 Likes

What kind of juice do you vape now?
I would not recommend using Max VG juice in the tanks / pod you’re using though… unless you live in a hot climate, you’re going to get dry hits and burn your coils. And unless you’re not giving a damn about flavor, I think you’re going to get disappointed with DIY in no time. 70/30 is a great ratio to blow big clouds and still have really good flavor, but hey, it’s your vape, you decide :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Tyson43 welcome to ELR. You may get differing opinions on this, so most times, people will share theirs. I personally do NOT like PG/VG mixed NIC base, as it can make hitting certain PG/VG values “complex”. I tried 100% VG NIC, but quickly grew tired of NOT being able to really FULLY get it shaken up, unless it was warmed up, and since heat is the ENEMY (one) of NIC, AND with the possible danger of hot spots (higher NIC than you expect if not fully shaken), I switched over to 100mg 100% PG NIC and have not switched back. It’s very fluid and thin even right out of the freezer (where your NIC should live), easy to shake up, and with the higher 100mg NIC, even for mixes where I want to keep the PG low overall, I don’t have to add very much NIC, and therefore I can easily hit high VG final values.

I think this was mentioned, but if you DO choose 100% VG, you have to make VERY sure it is fully shaken up, so you get the levels of NIC you want.

7 Likes

[quote=“Suomynona, post:7, topic:229787”]
There’s nothing wrong with buying it premixed. I do buy it separately because I like to have control of what I do[/quote]

Exactly. Nothing worse than USING a pre-mixed combo base, and trying to mix with a certain PG/VG mix, only to find you can’t GET there because OF the base.

5 Likes

Thanks for finally getting to a direct answer lol. PG 100mg is what I always get! I also get nicselect or cnt from Liquid Barn. The best nic on the market! I found other nic has an off flavor and ruins mixes imo! I also buy vg and pg separately as well.

4 Likes

Those are direct answers.

4 Likes

Looks like I’m one of few that uses 100%VG nicotine, I have only really mixed with it except for the first month I was mixing. I still have the PG base that was my first order, never went back once I got the salts.
Never noticed a problem with it mixing, I just keep a working bottle in the fridge, take it out while I set up and add nic last. It’s hot in my parts so it warms up quickly and shake, shake, shake it’s good to go. :grin:
All ready for a break down.

4 Likes

Actually, I’ve only ever had 100% VG nic because like the OP, I was a max vg guy when I started out. I didn’t want harshness in my vape at all, clouds were good and PG is something you can always add when you want.
I bought so much of the stuff that I never have to buy nic for the next 10 or 15 years… BUT. Now that I’ve matured a bit in vaping and know a bit what is what, I’ll probably never buy it again. I realized I don’t have an issue with PG and it is much easier to mix and avoid hotspots.
VG nic has to be shaken thoroughly before use, that introduces air bubbles in it much easier and that’s a nic killer right there. VG just doesn’t make sense to me anymore. If you don’t mix MaxVG mixes (and I don’t because I like my flavor and hate steeping as much as anyone else), I just really don’t see the point of VG nic anymore.

3 Likes

That was my original idea. I never saw the point in getting a throat hit. I didn’t smoke ciggies for a throat hit or to cough my guts up.
So I ended up at 80/20, it works the way I vape and so I haven’t changed. Don’t fix what ain’t broke! :rofl:

That’s a good point I hadn’t thought of that. :thinking:

3 Likes

For freebase that may be an issue but i can tell you now salts oxidize much less than fb so it is a minor concern.

4 Likes

Are salts used in liquids for cloud blowers or more for the low powered MTL/pod/stealth systems?
I have zero experience with it, partly because that’s why I heard, partly because I’m good with nic for the next decade and some :smiley:

2 Likes

Salts can be used exactly the same as Freebase Nic - it is probably more commonly used in low powered systems but for me personally (and for quite a few others) I prefer no harshness at all and so I use Salts at 3mg as I have for nearly 4 years.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, i shall give it a try

2 Likes

I’m 3mg salts for nearly 2 years now. I DL sub-ohm and use them not for the available higher concentration, but rather the dearth of the harshness. Same thing as Wolfie. I went from 3mg freebase to 3mg salts with no gentle transition, and there was no difference to me other than the instant smoothness, which I love.

2 Likes

Yes you’re right! I was kinda being sarcastic I suppose. My bad! It just seemed like he wanted a more simple answer as which he stated several times his question wasn’t answered. Thanks for clearing it up. My reply was to @anon28032772 a few posts back saying get the 100mg pg. However I suppose there are no wrong answers due to everyone’s opinions and what not.

4 Likes

Tyson I use PG base… I have tried everything else … I hate when I pull the nicotine out of the fridge and have to wait for the VG to get thin enough to shake . My recipes are 70vg 30 pg typically so either will work . If your going to want to mix Max Vg then get VG base … I stuck with PG because it is easier to shake well and I always feel the my Nicotine had been shaken well enough yhe I wont have any hot spots …

3 Likes

See i see you but how do i pm you lol

4 Likes

@EyeMSam

4 Likes

Ahhh ha lol ty @SessionDrummer

3 Likes

Are you Sam or God ??? Lol ill pm you

3 Likes