Which scale to buy

I’m going to jump on the LB-501 bandwagon. I’ve owned two, the only reason being that I dropped the first one too many times(damn nerve damage) Both have been solid performers - never a creeping weight, always accurate to the calibration weights and the AC adapter makes mixing large quantities of different juices a breeze since I don’t have to keep turning the damn thing back on.

Oh, and the calibration weights will withstand a house burning down around them. Not that I necessarily suggest trying this out for yourself, but thought I’d share my own experience! :wink:

9 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: @paingawd

4 Likes

Sound like a prick by saying even on a Sunday but there is a great search engine here especially for straight forward questions. What scale do you use in 2019 is first on the drop down menu list. Regardless, Gl to u w/ all the great recommends here or any of the many others.

3 Likes

I didn’t save them, tho. Dammit. Would’ve been a cool thing to share with AWS!

5 Likes

Your house burned down? That SUCKS!!! I’m sorry that happened to you. It happened to me once upon a time and I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.

2 Likes

is it big or it’s a mini scale? thanks!

2 Likes

thanks!

i have this one and i don’t like it anymore, not accurate, you’re right

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JKX4QAC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

LB-501 works from electricity or can work with a battery too?

2 Likes

It could work both ways

1 Like

what do you think about triton t3 people?

2 Likes

If you see the product reviews there, there are lots of people complaining about it being inaccurate and that it drifts (fluctuates?)

2 Likes

There’s 13% 1-star reviews on the triton, 10% 1-star reviews on the lb-501. You find similar comments for both devices so I think that’s pretty even. I’m not saying it’s a bad scale, just that people have bad experiences with just about anything. If it was easier and cheaper to get into Europe, I probably would’ve gotten an LB out of “peer pressure” but I’ve been mixing for years and I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything. Just saying :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I (and a few thousand neighbors) lost my house in the Camp Fire last year. I don’t recommend it, either. Driving through flames is a treat that should be reserved for the professionals. Like fire fighters. And stuntmen.

2 Likes

Get a 50gx0.001g scales if you are planning on small batches. Cost a tenner, best scales I own.

https://www.amazon.com/WAOAW-Milligram-Reloading-Calibration-Batteries/dp/B06W5VXN53/

1 Like

@Dan_the_Man

2 Likes

You don’t remember this thread?

You were the first to comment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LB-501 gets my vote as well. I’ve had two Etekcity’s and one knockoff of the Etekcity. All worked great but didn’t last. The great thing about the 501 is the ability to run it on AC and forget the batteries. Be warned though, it is very sensitive. I have to mix with the ceiling fan off or it goes all over the place.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I so much in my tiny brain that I can’t alway’s remember my name. I do remember and it brings up the sadness I felt at the time. I hope everything is back to partly normal.

Peace

@anon28032772 yes, I remember now. Thank you. for reals.

3 Likes

I bought this at Bol.com
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/precisie-weegschaal-keuken-500g-tot-0-01g-inclusief-batterijen/9200000097924420/?Referrer=ENTcli_shipment_confirmation_standard2008093611

2 Likes

Things are definitely on the upswing, both in terms of physical items (i.e. house) and emotionally. The missus and I are closer than ever, kitties are adjusted to the new normal and life is going relatively well.

Trust me - I know all too well how the brain loses things!

3 Likes