While we wait for the NomNomz SC's to steep, mixing large test series

I had a few people hit me up regarding how in the hell to test large(r) series without it turning into chaos. Well, hehe, it’s REAL EASY to.

I know people who have issues mixing up 5 mixes without issues, so 60+ flavors at a time, or even more, can rapidly get out of control.

I always start out by counting how many I have to run, and make a list, then sanitize enough bottles for the run. I alphabetize the list for sanity, and hand write each flavor on round stickers.

Then I pull up the “recipe” and get the NIC levels, and fill ALL the bottles with their NIC first. With LOTS of bottles all over the place, it’s easy to spill and make a mess, so the NIC is done first, and capped and back into the freezer.

I think I hit 69 on this run, so that was 69 bottles with 0.31g of NIC, all ready for flavors and carrier. Then I load the individual flavors into each botte (0.15g in this case), and then hit 2.65g PG, and 8.83g VG. I leave THAT flavor on deck to VERIFY it before stickering the bottle. Then that flavor moves OFF deck, into the “done” box. Tipped, capped, shaken, and lined up in the waiting line.

You would be surprised how EASY it is, to run into REAL issues, especially on larger series. Just get a system, and never deviate, unless you find a BETTER one. Every time, all the time.

If you think mixing a few mixes is a PITA, try precision mixing 60+, without running over, spilling, etc. Any run overs get dumped, and added to the “do-over” list.

I think I ran through almost 500mg of VG, on this series, so if you are running a big series, make sure to have a big squeeze bottle, so you can just roll through them, uninterupted.

Any drops, drips, spills, or flavors on your fingers, stop immediately clean up before proceeding, or you can contaminate other bottles/flavors, etc.

Happy mixing !!!

13 Likes

I remember the process well testing for capella. It was always more of the cost and anctually vaping and noting each flavor that was the hassle more then the mixing. Back then i use to have to buy a 510 atomizer for each flavor and a boge carto since i tested with both

If your mixing them all at 1.5 percent why not just make a big base bottle for the nic/pg/vg. Then just fill each bottle up to weight from the base. Save you a bunch of time measuring out individually

9 Likes

Do you wash and reuse all of those colored top bottles? I typically use 3 ml bottles when I’m doing SFTs.

4 Likes

Almost the same, except I mix base to test. I always make labels first, then base if needed. I just finished 101 testers this morning. :face_exhaling: Finished notes on Capella for tomorrow night. :grin:

6 Likes

@STR8V8PING that carrier would only be used for these flavors, and I have a lot of other things going on, so it’s not a real time saver just to mix that up, just for these. If I was ONLY doing 1.5% all day, and in 10ml bottles, yes, a pre-mixed carrier would have been done. I’ve still got all of my personal mixes, sales queue to get through. Already got a TON of bottles going already !!!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

@McDuckie I dabbled around using smaller amounts for testers, but it always ended up biting me in the a$$. Often times, you need more to play around with before you get a clear picture. NOW, if you’re talking about my personal testers for mixes/recipes, I could go lower, but for my official testers, 10ml seems to be in the sweet spot. I do re-use them, and have an entire cleaning system setup so they’re neutral before the next test.

5 Likes

Ahhhhh, back in the day. I still actually have a few cases of Boge’s.

2 Likes

I forgot, as someone asked about the labels, I use Chroma 3/4" removables for the testers. 1000/roll worked out the best …

https://www.amazon.com/ChromaLabel-Removable-Color-Code-Labels-Dispenser/dp/B01926WM4Y

3 Likes

Yeah, if you’re doing 100 at a shot, you’ve gotta have a system. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@STR8V8PING where my BIG time savings comes from is pre-mixing (One-Shot’ing) all of my most used mixes. Now THAT saves me some time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lucky guy… my wife would kill me, without any qualms, for much less!!! :man_facepalming:t2: :rofl:

2 Likes

I figured 30ml would be an adequate amount to get a good feeling for SFT’s., & it would give me more time before having to change everything for the next flavor while I’m busy with life… I just make my testers & write my notes on tht flavor, take the mod with me 2 finish the tank… & Of course, I might go back to jot something else down about the flavor of I pick up or any difference to it, or anything like tht…
But this shit sucks… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ve got new(to me) flavors to test here in the past, but I still have like 22 -30ml testers tht I’ve been trying to get finished with… Whew… & I tell u…, it was hard getting thru the complete 30ml of some flavors! I’m thinking about my next run just going with the 10ml.!!

6 Likes

brib·er·y

/ˈbrīb(ə)rē/

noun

noun: bribery; plural noun: briberies

1. the giving or offering of a bribe.

“a bribery scandal”

4 Likes

Now, THAT, is the system.

5 Likes

LOL I tried that back when I was buying a lot of flavors. Especially the early WF series, I did 10ml testers and 3/4 of those became drain cleaner. So I had to change to 3ml testers it doesn’t take me long to know if I like a flavor. If it’s a really interesting flavor then I’ll try a 10 or 30ml to really get into it.

6 Likes

I do 10ml for my sft. I like to keep some of all my sft so i can go back to at anytime for trying out ideas for recipes. I tried going with 5ml but wasnt really cutting it. It just goes to quick. I have a stash of like 400 or so sft. I still need to do a bunch more flavors

6 Likes

Hehe @McDuckie if all I had to do was figure out if I LIKED it, yes, hehe, it doesn’t take much. To DESCRIBE it however, that’s where the difficulty comes in, or CAN come in.

8 Likes