Who Has Tried All The Nuts?

The only thing that’s regretting it is my checkbook at the moment! Just placed a $100 order of flavors alone and could have bought soooo much more…had to stop myself! :sweat_smile:
I need to sell some of this stuff…but it’s all sooo good! I was recently in the hospital and ran out of my juice so had a friend run down to the local B&M and pick up a couple bottles for me…Worst Stuff EVER!
I remember why I got into DIY so quickly now! :yum: When I got out I fixed the juice he’d bought me and went to the B&M. I told the guy to vape his juice then had him vape the juice I’d fixed…he wanted my recipe!:laughing:

1 Like

Yes, understandable, most of us have a budget. Maybe next time. Unlike many of the shops in my area I create all my premium juices. Yesterday I had a chuckle cause a guy comes in and is bragging about a local Vape Shop and how good their juices are. Most of the shops in my area feel brave if they mix two flavors together. It’s easy to compete. Anyway I said to the guy “You haven’t tasted my juice”. After tasting some of my juices he now wants me to clone one for him and buy all his juices from me. That is the difference between craftsmen like ourselves and those faking it. I’m willing to bet that 25% of the people on this forum could blow away the juice in most Vape Shops. Perhaps more…

6 Likes

5% (8ml to 160ml) straight up, no mixing with other flavored.

1 Like

I remember when I first started vaping this guy was the only game in town & way overpriced. He’d brag it was so easy to mix juice he did it in the sink in back of the shop. After tasting a few juices that tasted like he was doing his socks in that sink at the same time he was mixing juice…DIY was an easy choice! LOL

3 Likes

You’re going to fit in well. I remember the first time I spent $100 on flavors. There will probably be an intervention when I spend that much on one flavor. . .It escalates. Maybe get a friend to hold some of your money. . . But not a vaper.

Yeah, so welcome aboard!

1 Like

Yeah, but I get the drive to buy storebought. Sometimes, I just don’t have what I want ready. I finally got pissed with these asses that would not, refused, to carry the cartomizers for the tank they sold me. When he started bragging about how he could give away all the gear in the store and still make 10x on the price of the juice. . .last time I went there. I figured I could teach myself to mix “kiwi strawberry.”

@ringling I thought you said earlier that you keep your juices simple. Are you one of the jedi that can make 3 flavors taste like tongue sex? Cool.

(Oh, I got a major vapemail recently and after spending 4 figures with them in a couple months they finally hooked a brother up and threw in 10ml of 3mg “Grape” shop juice. I’m dying to try it, ha part of me hopes its like this amazingly specific wine grape with a thick fruity skin. . .but we both know it’s Welch’s.)

4 Likes

Most of my blends are 4 flavors so yes, I try to keep it simple. I will not say that I do not have more complex blends, cause I do, but probably less than 10 total. Seriously, almost every premium juice I make has only 4 flavors to make it. You’d be surprised what you can do with only four…

3 Likes

German flavors nougat can add a mellow hazlenut note to a recipe keep it low tho .15-.65% depending on your preference.

1 Like

I was serious about the Jedi thing, there are people @Amy2 could be one but she’s got too much energy to focus on just that, but those people can make the perfect ratio of a few flavors taste divine. I try to cook that way, but with e-juice I end up adding flowers fruits and nuts to everything. Maybe if I had more flavors. . .its an Ernest Hemingway approach to juice. I’m in awe when I taste one that is dead simple and phenomenal. So that minimalism is sort of a goal for me. . .but I’m far away from having that capacity for the time being.

3 Likes

I think you may be looking for Hazelnut FW easy to use and can have a lot of flavor at 2% or just a touch under 1%. Very flexible with other nuts as well. Black walnut LA is slightly sweet and I have had good experiences w/ it in a bakery juice. I do sometimes use Hazelnut V2 Cap’s but it’s kinda weak and lacks some depth but not a shaby flavor just not top notch is all when compared against FW and FA’s Hazelnut. Pistachio clear TFA sweet but again you will be using it at 5-7% to get the actual flavor to be where you want it to be a sweet slightly tangy nut.

Love Almonds as well if you haven’t check out Mazipan FA it is worth it nice " baked " touch of Almonds and semi-sweet I find FA Almond to be the " sweet " nut that you’d add for sweet and where you’d want a baked almond you’d use the marzipan both lovely at 1% and under for blending the notes.

@therabidweasel I am probably more of the four or more crowd with flavors in a recipe But I totally agree w/ u when you hit perfection and it’s simple it usually is phenomenal !

2 Likes

I’ve got sooo many nut flavors that should be here any day now, the Mazipan and Black Walnut are both in that order. But after reading this thread next month is going to make my check book scream again cause I’ve got a lot more to order! lol
My son never realized when he gave me an e-cig a couple years ago he was getting me into a whole new habit/hobby but I’m having fun with this one! My mixing station is an antique desk with a large 3 shelf hutch set up in my living room; it’s become a conversation starter and a way for me to educate others about vaping and make quite a few converts.:smile_cat:

4 Likes

Hmmm. This talk I see of hazelnut FA. Looks like I need to add that to my future order list. Grr. These lists are non stop.

2 Likes

That is totally awesome you go and keep rock’n out those juices !!! I bet it is quite a conversational piece ! Share a pic when you get the time we have a thread somewhere regarding your storage / lab set ups. Mine is in the living room at the moment too ! Unfortunately I don’t have an extra room that isn’t dedicated to storing other things at this time so a corner of the living room became my lab :smile: I don’t have any small children so it works !

1 Like

Old thread but I was looking for other nut recipes, I came up with this one last week and it’s a blinder for the nut lover, nice out of the hot bath but even better after a week.

2 Likes