Who Has Tried All The Nuts?

Several companies make HAZELNUT, straight, grove & creamy. Then there’s pecan, almond, walnut, black walnut & nut mix; this can get very confusing & expensive to try everything everyone offers!
So I’m looking for OPINIONS PLEASE! Who has the best of each of these flavors? Best is defined not only by flavor, which I know is subjective, but also by how well it plays with other flavors, how long it takes to steep & it’s staying power.
I currently have FA Almond & Hazelnut as well as TFA Toasted Almond. I like the Almond flavors. The Hazelnut is so strong however it’s hard to work with. I need a mellow hazelnut I can use in bakery & candy recipes.
I’ve just ordered TFA Pecan & LA Black Walnut & suppose I’ll start testing at 2% & see where it leads me.
I’d appreciate any squirrelly advice from any nut lover out there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like nuts as accents. I certainly can’t say I have tried them all, haven’t even tried all that i own. But i like hints of nuts in my tobaccos. Tobaccos may be more forgiving because they are very dominant an many cases. But TFA almond and hazelnut work well for me. They are over-powering the first few days, but move back and seem nice and steady after a week or so. . .that is without anything other than shake and wait steeping.

2 Likes

This should be an entertaining topic…

I agree, I am going to be watching this one. I don’t have a lot of nut flavorings. Acouple, sure, I just got them in and their in the steeping process now but I think I want to up my nut game.

i have samples of fw macadania nut and lorann praline. there actually really good. Use them to make a banana bread recipe.

1 Like

FW Hazelnut is nice. It’s the only one I use. FYI FW peanut butter does not really taste true to taste however, It definitely has a place in the nut lovers stash. TPA Peanut Butter is closer to taste…

2 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE me some NUT ejuice.

Here are my favorites so far (tried several)

FW Butter Pecan
FW Hazelnut
FA Almond
TFA Pistachio
FLV Peanut Butter

Many more to try though… Many.

6 Likes

This girl I went to school with tried all the nuts I think. But I can’t say for sure. I have tried FA Walnut and FA Almond. Both are very good and very realistic in flavor. FLV and TPA have very good peanut butter. And I have used TPA Hazelnut once or twice. If I remember right it was pretty good too.

4 Likes

Ooooops, how did I forget that !!! A definite good nut flavor !!!

1 Like

What percentage do you use FA Walnut? I’ve got that one in the basket for my next order.

I use it around 1%

2 Likes

I love nuts … thinking it’s probably because I am one… definitely haven’t tried them all but I like these

Almond (FA)
Hazel Grove (Hazelnut) (FA)
Nut Mix (FA)
Walnut (FA)

hmmm all FA … they usually tastes like what you expect them too… Pistachio (FE) well I don’t know yet because I completely screwed up the recipe by putting 3% yes it smelled and tasted like Pistachio on CRACK. I’ll mess with it again at .25% and let you know LOL

4 Likes

I’ll be watching this topic as I have never had any nut flavoured juice before.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the Walnut (FA). I need to order that one.
I like nuts too… I lived in California for 2 years ya know. hehehe

2 Likes

Hazelnut by Flavor West is great. I also like Capella’s Hazelnut. I haven’t used many Nut flavors in my recipes but I also like Flavor West Macadamia Nut and TPA’s Pecan in low percentages.FA Almond is also great.

2 Likes

My first try was DeKang Hazelnut and I enjoyed that flavor. That was prior to mixing my own. My absolute favorite was one called ‘Filburt’, also by DeKang which I can’t find anymore. If you ever peeled back the foil and a new can of Planters peanuts and got a whiff of that buttery flavor, that is exactly what it vaped like! And, that buttery flavor is probably why it is no longer around, deemed dangerous. I have made same Black Walnut from (Wizard Lab/ LA) and it was fine to vape but not really that impressed with the flavor. I recently purchased a vial of Peanuts Flavor Concentrate by INA (Wizard), which I don’t see listed any longer and haven’t tried as of yet…maybe my next batch.

1 Like

Questions, my dear, about your nut collection.
Does FA have 2 hazelnut flavors; Hazel Grove and just plain Hazelnut? The bottle I have says Hazelnut on it. Does yours say Hazel Grove?:confused:
I haven’t ordered their Nut Mix yet, it’s jumped in and out of the basket several times so I know it’ll make it here sooner or later. I remember reading someone say it’s primary flavor was peanuts and that’s what’s kept me on the fence about ordering it.Can you discern a particular nut flavor from the Nut Mix or is it a harmonious blend?

I’ve got TPA’s Pecan ordered but think I’m going to have to try FW Macadamia Nut & their Butter Pecan.[quote=“charliecip, post:16, topic:48777”]
I have made same Black Walnut from (Wizard Lab/ LA) and it was fine to vape but not really that impressed with the flavor.
[/quote]

What percentage did you use? This is another flavor I have coming, I hope to add it in some bakery recipes.

I think there is only one and they are both the same on the Hazel Grove … Hazelnut. The Nut mix I don’t get peanuts from it maybe a mix of walnut and almond? Oh and I forgot the Butter Pecan I enjoy that one too didn’t thing of it until someone mentioned it!

You need to order their Hazelnut (FW that is) too. You will not regret it…

2 Likes

LOL the Walnut is good and I’m keeping my mouth shut about Cali hahahaha