Who uses fire bolt?

A local vape shop carries fire bolt cotton and I almost bought some, what curious to see what they carry and if they will be expanding lol. I normally order cotton bacon prime but I’d like to get a few packs of cotton with shoelace ends to try them out. Any suggestions ?

6 Likes

I’ve used it in the past. It’s ok but nothing to rock your world. To me it’s similar to Cotton Bacon Prime.

6 Likes

Well at least I wouldn’t degrade if I currently use prime :joy::joy::joy:. May I ask what you currently use? Any suggestions on shoelace ones?

4 Likes

Try the Firebolt for the shoelaces. Myself, I use Rayon and Cotton Bacon. Bought a butt-load of Japanese Organic cotton, but the pre break-in flavor I don’t like.

4 Likes

Firebolt is fine, not OMG I need more but I have no complaints with the few times I used it.

I recently got this cotton and it is pretty good. CB Prime is my overall favorite but this cotton below comes in a long strip. I usually cut a strip long enough to double over a wire and use that to pull through mesh builds, works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTCXQMZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SZVPBK0NYXGEY1HWZESZ

It is cheap enough and each bag looks to have at least 2 to 3 times more cotton than a typical cotton bacon bag.

Edit: Just looked and only 11 left, make that 9 as I just ordered 2 more lol

9 Likes

Damn i better stock up on Bacon FUCK ME …

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:. I personally wouldn’t worry much about it if I knew these companies were going to change their labeling so we can continue purchasing online. I don’t want to purchase locally cause everything is like double the price so I’m trying to do a little stocking up on some things such as this.

5 Likes

wicking is the least of or worries. that 13 Feets stuff is said to be pretty good. i would get some, but i don’t need to order anything form the zon. and i have 2+ years of wicking.

6 Likes

I’ve used the Firebolt cotton, I originally started using the 6mm size for the Profile RDA and also had bought some 3mm size as well, if you want to try shoelace style it’s decent, No complaints. but now I use the cotton slivers as @mjag pointed out above, perfect size for the Profile and strip the sliver in half lengthwise for 2.5 - 3mm coils. No break in IMO, I do all my testing with the slivers :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks. I ordered some of each :joy:

5 Likes

Firebolt is good cotton for me. I don’t get any taste off it and it wicks very fast. I like the shoelace style. I prefer COTN Threads because it has the shoelace on both ends and I just cut them in half.

4 Likes

I use CB Prime 95% of the time, but I do have a supply of Firebolt and IMO it is the best cotton with aglets I have tried (and I’ve tested a few). Definately worth picking some up :+1:

5 Likes

Fasttech sells genuine Cotton Bacon Prime at a great price and will always be available if your happy to wait a few weeks for delivery

5 Likes

Yea I’ve ordered some from them. I’ve only ever used CB/prime so I’m just curious to try others. You know the saying “if it’s not broke don’t fix it”. Sometimes I just have to anyways :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m the same - there is still one I want to try which is Mavarton X

3 Likes