Whoops, I goofed

Ordered two Crown 3’s recently with the optional RBA sections. Turns out the RBA’s will NOT fit my 3’s. Man, I’m bummed!

Used the supplied pre-made coils instead. Pretty decent flavor and vapor production, but that tank runs hot, in either TC or Wattage mode.

Oh well, at least I have two back-up tanks now.

10 Likes

It shouldn’t run hot in TC mode, unless you have the temps cranked up. What mod are you using?

5 Likes

Various mods. The 3’s ran hot in all of them in TC. I’m guessing this is not a tank one should be chain vaping with?

5 Likes

are you sure the coils you’re running are TC compatible? Many mods will continue to work in TC mode settings without the proper type of coil/wire. They just won’t do actual temp control and work similar to wattage mode. I’ve never used a crown tank so can’t say if they run on the warm side or not.
Since it’s happening on various mods, I would have to say the problem is in the coilhead or you’re pushing them too hard. Try lowering your wattage to a “weak” level (maybe just below the recommended minimum wattage) and increase it by 2 or 3 watts until you find a wattage you like and see if that makes a difference.

5 Likes

According to various sources of information, the coils are made of SS316L, which should make it TC and Wattage compatible.

On reflection, I think it’s my vaping style, which is pretty much ‘Chain-Vaping’. I don’t give the coil head a chance to cool down between puffs, so I will have to change my vaping style when using the Crown 3’s.

I am VERY interested in the Innokin Ares 2 MTL RTA. Various YouTube videos/tutorials show that it’s very easy to build on.

3 Likes