Why are Cloned pieces of gear ok?

Clones are good for the free market. Makes companies realize they can’t charge 1500% mark up just because of a good design the price must also be fair. Cloning exists in every department not just vaping. And as it’s been said even these companies clone each other, It discourages elitism and encourages a fair market with fair pricing. it is the great equalizer.

P.S. I don’t own a clone…yet

8 Likes

There are good clones, and there are bad clones. I own a bunch and will probably own a bunch more :slight_smile:
The only trick is to do some research and try to spot the good ones among the bad ones.

4 Likes

Yep and I won’t feel bad when I buy one.
excessive markup invited the clone market it’s their own fault.
if its like 5 dollar difference between authentic/clone most people will probably get the authentic.
Should I feel bad that I bought no-name sandwich bags instead of ziplock?

2 Likes

Skyline RTA.

Original vs clone. nuff said

3 Likes

Ermmm… Not with my memory! :laughing:
I remember the name, but I also remember that it was a couple years ago? when I was reading about it?
Refresh me bud.

4 Likes

More info needed. Was it a good clone or a bad clone? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hilarious! English as a second language - so often more entertaining than what they’re talking about.

Now I’m in the mood to buy another clone-uh

2 Likes

The skyline (coppervape clone) IMO is one of the best RTA’s. Absolutely love em, but the original sells for over $200! Yes OVER TWO HUNDRED for a freaking RTA!

If i’m not mistaken, it is so expensive because of the equipment he uses to produce them, but if ESG (the original mfr) decided to purchase top of the line equipment, that is his choice, but to add that cost to the end user is ridiculous. I won’t ever own an authentic (at that price anyway) but I do have about 5 coppervape clones.

The coppervape clone is the best version, with the YFTK version not far behind. Both good quality clones

5 Likes

but it’s MTL :slight_smile:

Same with Taifun GT IV. A friend has the 140 euro original. I have the $25 clone. They are identical and give the same vape

The special equipment needed to make such an RTA is very expensive for an average joe, but found in abundance in chinese factories that stamp them out in thousands

3 Likes

Not really. I use it without any inserts, and with AFC completely open its pretty airy. I prefer the AFC half way open, gives a nice restricted lung hit. For me anyways

4 Likes

No problem with clones for me. :heart: them. Proud owner of several of each: coppervape skyline, coppervape gt 3 and shenray gt 4 clones.

Bought a couple different gt 3 clones, coppervape the best one. Only gt 4 clone I’ve bought is Shenrays, and its good.

Skyline can be MTL or DTL. I’m a DTL vaper and use the skyline without inserts and AFC wide open, no restriction. Only mistake I made was buying spare glass tanks for the Skyline. They claim a 4ml capacity, but its more like 3ml. Easy fix, purchased Aspire Cleito 5ML Replacement Pyrex Glass from My Freedom Smokes. They fit, holds close to 5ml and I’m much happier with my skylines now.

7 Likes

This is very true. If you send designs to China to be made you can guarantee that it will be cloned. This is the reason that companies like Purge, Scottua and Kennedy use only U.S. machine shops where they have some control over their blueprints. It’s a shame that someone will buy a first run authentic and send it directly to China. It slows down the thief some but not much.

3 Likes

I don’t use clones knowingly. I also feel like fasttech and gear best will sell you a clone has authentic. Also I wonder if the same place that makes tank a also makes clone a. But the price point for stuff made in the US are very expensive. And I like to vape not spend 300 dollars on a DNA mod. When the ipv yeha chip is nearly as good.

If China wanted clones to be illegal then they would crack down on them more. China loves to clone all kinds of stuff not just vape gear.

I feel like a cloned RDA or RTA would be safe enough to use, however I am nervous about using cloned mods. They can do shotty work on the protections.

3 Likes

90% of the gear is made in China, clone and authentic. The lions share of the profits end up in the same place. Often the clone and the authentic are made in the same place. The clone may have an imperfection. Clones are never available on new, popular items or items sold at a fair price.

2 Likes

Actually sometimes the clone is released before the authentic.

2 Likes

I have not seen that.

2 Likes

On other forums a thread will show up occasionally mentioning a clone has been released for something a company has posted a teaser before release. China has mastered reverse engineering from pics.

3 Likes

Like others have already said, some of these products are way over priced for what they are. They’re aimed at the “High end” crowd. Not all of us are ballers and can afford those ridiculous prices. I have no problem buying and using clones. I don’t feel like a thief either because I pay for them. I also dont care if I’m supporting thieves. I know that statement will be very unpopular but I’m just trying to be honest. Cloners offer a product at a REASONABLE price. Like most vapers I don’t feel like being ripped off. I want more for my money. Instead of having one product, I can get ten or whatever for the same price.

4 Likes

Honesty is the best practice, and it’s a shame many people are afraid to speak their minds honestly for fear of reprisal. I don’t like “supporting thieves”, but at the same time business is business, and the original makers know before they release their product that it will be cloned. It’s like rust on iron. It will happen, that’s life. I’ve purchased genuines and I’ve purchased clones, and if a clone has decent quality I’m not deterred by the moral issues. With apologies to the original manufactures, the price point is just too attractive to ignore in many cases. Hell, sometimes you can get a cloned version long after the original device’s run has ended so there’s that, too.

8 Likes

That’s were I buy a clone. When the original is no longer available.

5 Likes