Why is everything is so sweet…

Hi. I am new to mixing and realising how hard it is…. Well I find it hard anyway!
I switched to mixing after elfbar changed its pink grapefruit into something that is just incredibly sweet. If I could get the old actually pink grapefruit flavour that would be my ideal.
Everything I tend to mix also comes out sweet. I have focussed on citrus flavours and tried enhancers such as koolada, sour wizard, fizzy sherbet but am still getting cakes that are too sweet.
I use a 70/30 pg/vg
Amy advice would be greatfully received!
I have quite a range of different grapefruits too but none really taste like the pink grapefruit I long for.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums. So you are looking for a pink grapefruit that resemble the Elfbar disposable. Most likely from what I gather about the Elfbar version is that it is a Pink Lemonade infused with most likely a Ruby Red Grapefruit. Pretty much all grapefruit flavors are going to be sweet and rather harsh by themselves. So try looking for high % (around 20-25% total flavor) Pink Lemonade mixes that incorporate a few flavors (3-4). Most disposables incorporate some sort of cooling so try adding a small amount of coolant. Start with something like FW Lemonade (natural) some Strawberry or Raspberry and Ruby Red Grapefruit. Heres an idea for you

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @suze1 :wave:

1 Like

Welcome @suze1

1 Like