Why this recipe burns my coils?

If you are burning through a coil in a day I can almost guarantee that the problem isn’t the recipe but your vaping style. You are chain vaping and burning out the coils. A cigarette is made to be burned continuously, a vape coil is not. A coil needs time between puffs to cool down the metal and for the cotton to re-absorb juice. If you wait like 30 seconds in between puffs your coils will last much longer. That recipe doesn’t contain too much sweetener.

3 Likes

Thanks Jason! I guess that explains it partly, only partly because it doesn’t happen with other liquids. But it is true that sometimes I vape non-stop :smiley:

giphy

3 Likes

What are called “browning reactions” and “caramelization” of sugar-related molecules takes place at or above around 160 *C, with the archetypal Glucose molecule decomposing at a somewhat lower temp.

2 Likes

The other part of the explanation is that you are using stock coils. They are generally just a poor design and have such a thin layer of cotton that any amount of Sucralose can gunk them up really quickly. Just stick to an RTA for your sweet juices and you will be fine. All my juices contain 0.5 - 1% Super Sweet and I never have to change cotton more than once a week. And if you really feel like chain vaping use an RDA. I know one guy that loves to chain vape so much that he has two mods set up with two identical rda’s and just alternates taking puffs from each one.

3 Likes