Why this recipe burns my coils?

Hi there,

I am very happy with this recipe. The only problem is that it burns my commercial coils (old uwell crown 0.25). It’s ok with my home-build coils (on ijoy 5s or the recurve), but cannot use the linquid on the commercial ones. Commercial ones barely last one day. Any idea why is this or which ingredient may be responsible?

Thanks!
Fede

5 Likes

Probably this, lots of sweeteners

9 Likes

Super sweet is a well known super coil killer.

And then u have some other sweet stuff in it to.

8 Likes

9 Likes

So… What you’re saying is that Cap super sweet is endorsed by the Chicago PD? lol

8 Likes

Are they genuine Uwell coils or knockoffs?

5 Likes

When i vape some of my DIY juice with 0.5% super sweet in and use my Uwell Nunchaku 2 tank/coil, they survive 3-10 days and I’m a MTL guy, using it with 39-45watt.
If it possible i use some of my other sweeteners to especially FLV sweetness which is the only one where my coil last much longer.
But still for me, the best sweetener flavor is the super sweet. So if it’s the best for my recipe, i use it no matter how big serial killer it is.

2 Likes

genuine Uwell. I love them

3 Likes

My uwell crown coils are great for 4-5 days, I can stand them for about 3 more days. Then I have to replace them.

I add 0.5% of Super sweet to many of my recipes and have no problems. It must be what others said, that there are other sweeteners in the other ingredients. I was also concerned about Sour, because this is the only recipe I have used it in.

I think I will just avoid this recipe in commercial coils, don’t want to reduce the sweetness of this recipe :drooling_face:

Thanks as always for the helpful feedback!

4 Likes

LOL @Sprkslfly this one was a hard one to express in a gif. The slow, steamrolling, wreckage, that accumulates with combined sweeteners.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking on this… not sure I want so many car crashes in my tank. How would you reduce the sweeteners? I am planning on eliminating Super Sweet, any other ideas? Perhaps I can also reduce Taffy to 2.5% and Sweet SB to 4%. Do you think that would that be enough?

3 Likes

Well I didn’t mean to appear anti sweet(er) flavors, as some you can’t get away from, depending on your palate. Adding sweeteners you can always avoid. Some flavors are known to be coil busters, and some more than others. You’ll have to decide for yourself after you’ve reduced, to see the impact on your coils. I personally would like to recommend possibly checking into building your own coils, as it opens up endless possibilities, allows you to cheaply clean your coils, and freshen up your cotton for pennies. Then you can vape whatever you want to, with little impact on your wallet.

To your question though, I can’t speak to CAP’s Strawberry Taffy, as I’ve never used that, and I do use CAP’s Sweet Strawberry a lot, albeit at lower levels. With all the talk of sweeteners causing issues, I’ve actually had equal problems from “sours” myself as well, and cut back on using them.

3 Likes

Thank you SessionDrummer!

I have a lot of RDA and RDTA… too many really (wasp nano, wotofo recurve, wotofo profile, iJoy 5s, advken dominator)… Most gifts from my “drummer” brother :slight_smile: But I always like to have my old Uwell crown with commercial coils too. They provide a very different vaping experience.

I will experiment reducing sweeteners. As of CAP’s Strawberry Taffy, not sure is for all tastes, but I love its kind of artificial SB flavour.

Not sure I understood… did you experience that “sours” burn coils?

3 Likes

Try “Ricks Sugar Daddy” for your sweetner.
Much easier on your coils. ( for me anyway)

5 Likes

@federete Your using a lot of sweet flavouring as well as super sweet hope this helps

3 Likes

Damn it Sprks, you got me laughing so hard, got beer coming out my nose Again ! :joy:

3 Likes

I like sweets too, I’m running the Uwell Valyrian 2 tank.
It’s got “self cleaning coils” , Genius !

2 Likes

oh, no! now I want that tank too :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really happy with it, 2nd to the FreeMaxMeshPro,
Still might want to cut down down on the sweeteners though👌

2 Likes

I second that. I’ve been using it for quite some time with many different flavors. I can use a coil for two weeks without any gunking. FYI, it’s about half the strength of Super Sweet, imo.

2 Likes