Winch for my Jeep

I am currently online window shopping for a winch for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK. What do you guys think of Warn Winch? They are currently on sale on 4wheelonline. I am really tempted to place an order.

3 Likes

YOLO !
Just Do It !
vivir la vida Grande ! :+1:

1 Like

Solid company.

1 Like

I’m a very avid offroader and can help you in with almost anything Jeep related. Just PM me and I’ll be glad to help ya out.

1 Like

Check out the winches at Harbor Freight Tools before you buy a Warn winch. They are about half the price of a Warn

1 Like

Warn makes some quality winches and have used many of them. What model you looking at ?

When your out tree climbing do you really want your ride suspended from a Harbor Freight Winch ?
Go for the Warn Winch.
My 2 cents having broke many of the Harbor Freight tools and toys I bought.

2 Likes

I kinda do have to agree with @Bob_Bitchen here, and not to bang on HF as they do have some great deals, sometimes when you are shopping for “critical” purchases, other options might just be better. Having wheeled, crawled, broken, flipped, rolled, AND winched for many years, Bob’s dead on that when you NEED it, sometimes it’s worth spending a little more. Most times the issues I see with (normally newer 4 wheelers) is they get the cheapest OR underpowered winch, then they get stuck, and THEN they find out, not such a great idea. You do get what you pay for most times. Weight of the vehicle should normally dictate where you START looking. Buying MORE than you need (in pulling weight) is never a bad idea, as the winch won’t work as hard pulling you out 50% of duty cycle, as opposed to 100%. Sure, sure, depending on your physics classes, you can increase pulling power with pulley’s, but single line pull is what you should plan for, and spec out.

15,000 pull might be a bit much for a Jeep, so obviously there is a reasonable limit. When calc’ing the load for the winch please remember that when you ARE stuck, or on an incline, increased power WILL be required, so spec it high, bolt it on, and make sure to winch SAFELY. Always check your blocks, chains, winch cables, and if you can LOAD the cable (heavy mat, carpet, etc.) if something SHOULD break loose, you can help deaden the deadly cable swing.

Happy winching brother.

2 Likes

@Saxon2

1 Like

Yes @Bob_Bitchen I actually would trust my Jeeps tree climbing ability (?) to a Harbor Freight winch, and actually I have trusted my winching needs to a Harbor Freight winch for the past 10 years. Although I have never tried winching my Jeep off the ground with it (why?) I’m pretty sure it could handle it. :rage:

2 Likes

OK … Thanks for that tutorial Session

2 Likes