Wire coils vs mesh coils

I got one of those too and same thing, I can make dual core no prob but more than that and am lucky to get enough for 1 coil before either the wrap wire breaks of folds over. It is frustrating, it is going and my enthusiasm tells me yep, this time enough for 2 coils then…nope.com

Tried everything that people suggested but screw it, if I need a multi-core clapton more than duals I will just buy it, much easier :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve never tried more than two cores with mine, so I didn’t have that issue. But I did have trouble with the thing not sliding smoothly. A hot wheel underneath it stopped that. Man, y’all making me want to bust out that ol’ Daedalus.

3 Likes

Never though of that, good idea :bulb:

3 Likes

Having trouble making triple /quad core fused clapton coil, in my opinion just buy pre-made triple /quad core wire. It’s not gonna be more expensive than buying 2 different types of wire :thinking:

3 Likes

Making the individual staggered wires is no problem. Putting them together on the daedalus is. They always bunch up on me. Fusing two or more together is no problem, but in general, the setup and monitoring time to make these isn’t worth the time. I can make them the old fashioned way blindfolded (OK, with one eye open) much easier and with less frustration.

4 Likes

I’ve been using a single, spaced 3.0MM ID 26g SS316L 6 wrap coil for sheesh, 2 years now. I wonder if simply claptoning that with some 32 would make it better without giving up any of the reasons I use that coil, hmm…

And honestly I also kinda want to see the little D spin up again. Been years

3 Likes

Give 'er a go Phil. Might also try a 34 wrap and see if you notice a difference. I personally love triple core 26x36 5 wrap coils myself. Good flavor and decent vape density. I’m leaning more towards contact coils lately. It’s a denser vape IMO when using fused coils, but you have to play with the wattage a bit to avoid the “center wick burnout”

3 Likes

Don’t you tell me what to do, mister!! Oh wait, you’re just being encouraging. Right, sorry. Thanks, I will then!

Actually I mentioned 32 because I have it in stock. I’ll see if that is profound or not. I could see where the higher the gauge the better though…

1 Like

I do have a Daedalus and I have no problem with 3 core Claptons. You have to use the clamp with the swivels to keep the cores aligned. Also, the tension on the wrap wire is critical. 4 core is possible if you use 30g but it’s very tricky.

5 Likes