Wish Me Luck Today!

Very happy with how the meeting went. He agreed with no flavor ban, that parents should be responsible for making sure kids don’t get adult products, not the government. He stated that he didn’t believe the governor had any interest in banning flavors either and you could see he wasn’t even on board with T21 so yeah went well.

20 Likes

Bravo!!! You found one that wasn’t bought off! I am amazed and impressed.

8 Likes

It’s a miracle

8 Likes

Well done!

6 Likes

I had a great support system today Gsnap thank you <3

7 Likes

Thank you for summonsing the courage and devoting your time! I’d bet that a face-to-face meeting does more good than ten thousand letters. :clap::fist: :sunglasses: :v::fist_right:

8 Likes

I hope it went well @authormichellehughes !!

5 Likes

oops, just read your’re comment!
Glad it went well @authormichellehughes :hugs:

6 Likes

Thank you so much @Sevencasper, I’ll be honest I was nervous as sin, but once I started talking I couldn’t shut up and I fumbled through a few things but David was there to help push me back on topic.

5 Likes

I think your passion for the cause overrode your nerves!
Very glad that you had some support with you too, that always helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It did. I didn’t get over emotional. Just gave facts about how COPD almost killed me and that vaping truly gave me my breath back. I talked about how older Americans were being overlooked in this battle and explained how I’d watched my patients die on ventilators from smoking and etc… it lasted about 45 minutes and he was very receptive.

8 Likes

These three points are so relevant to everywhere I think.
When I am at work, I look at some of the residents and patients and can see how vaping would help them and I get frustrated thinking about how our gov is not accepting of vaping.

It’s really great that you were able to talk from a personal point of view and hopefully that will carry more weight in their considerations. :+1:

7 Likes

If we can get them looking past the youth part I think we have a better chance of making them at least see they are missing some of the positive points. Living to fight another day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree 100% :+1:

5 Likes

That’s good to know! I would feel better having someone else with me! I cant tell if this already happened… my noob status is showing! :grin:

6 Likes

Hey there Maschelle. Yes, this happened today, or I guess since it’s after midnight my time now, yesterday.

5 Likes

We are all there with you in spirit @authormichellehughes , we know you will do great :+1:

Thank you for this, really appreciate all you do!

Edit: Just read how it went…awesome, thank you so much :hugs:

7 Likes

Thank you so much, mjag. I did get invited to Washington but pretty sure my husband would flip his lid if I left him with the kids and my mom. My youngest kid turns 13 this week and I’m pretty sure he and his brother would destroy each other if I left for a weekend LOL (his brother turns 16 next week). I seriously would love to go since I was promised a tour of the capitol and the White House maybe in in a few years when they are out of the I want to kill you because you’re my brother stage hahahha

6 Likes

Well done Michelle, I was trained for public speaking and could have given you some hints, but by the look of it, you didn’t need them!!! Well done for not loosing control (yours and the listener) or not going astray, that’s the hardest part!

Thank you again Michelle, everybody must think that it’s not just AL or the US, but this has worldwide consequences!

6 Likes

Ironically I can sing in front of thousands but ask me to talk? I completely freeze up, not sure why that is lol. Thank you and I hope everyone is talking to local reps. I think we can do a lot at home :slight_smile:

6 Likes