Wish Me Luck Today!

My first advocacy meeting today, send some well wishes. It’s an informal sitting down for coffee discussion with our Congressman’s chief of staff. Excited about sharing my COPD background and how vaping saved my lungs, but very nervous about talking face to face. I’ve always been more comfortable on social media. Fingers crossed that I get him to see the other side of the vaping world where adults choose a product that saves their lives over deadly cigarette smoking. That is my goal.

23 Likes

Good luck @authormichellehughes !!!

7 Likes

Thank you! The owner of HiggyCigs is driving from Georgia to sit in, so I do have backup :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just remember your Congressman’s chief of staff is just Another human being. So just sit down and talk with him, just relax take a deep breath and talk to him like you’re talking to me. It’s because of you all the got me to quit smoking cigarettes! I wish you luck

14 Likes

It’s not so much his position, Mitch. I have a general issue with people in public. I had to leave a book convention over that …I’ve decided vaping is more important to me than my fear of talking to people face to face. So glad you were able to quit :heart:

10 Likes

Ty… I’m even DIY Mixing. Say no to this high nic tax.

7 Likes

Good luck. I will be very interested to hear how it went. All of my interactions with politicians were worthless. They had no intention of listening. They dictated how they will proceed and how wonderful they were for doing so. Absolute monologue.

11 Likes

That’s the only concern I have for the DIY community. Nicotine. I’ve been stock piling.

6 Likes

I’ll let you know when I get back this afternoon. I can only tell my story and hope it resonates.

7 Likes
6 Likes

David and Jenn have been the most wonderful people. I don’t know many people that will drive from Georgia to Alabama just to make sure I don’t fall flat on my face :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was always told, when speaking publicly (and this sort of is), you should picture the audience in their underwear. And remember, he’s probably been given the same advice! :wink:

Good luck today.

13 Likes

When people won’t listen I prefer the “Walking tall” method…

9 Likes

Well, this is Alabama LOL

7 Likes

I can empathize with your “people in public” issues. Back in grade school I had to stand up and give a book report in front of the whole class. I was nervous but got through it.
You’ll be fine Michelle. Good luck!

8 Likes

Same here. Always found it uncomfortable to be the center of attention when giving a presentation in front of coworkers and upper management. But the more you do it, the easier it gets.

9 Likes

Truth. Repetition is key. That and knowing how the game is played. I can play in front of hundreds now, whereas when I was younger that would have just been unthinkable.

8 Likes

Thanks guys! The first time is always the hardest so ready to get this done!

6 Likes

Good Luck @authormichellehughes !
I’m sure You’re words will have an impact, and thanks for what you do for the Vaping community!

7 Likes

Good luck, maam. I hope it goes smoothly.

4 Likes