Wismec Noisy Cricket

I have been using about the same size clapton.They are store bought and come in a tube.
I had the Nichrome 80 laying around from my Zen tank days.I still can’t believe I bought two of those gems!Even wasted more money trying the ceramic wicks.Lmao
Wicks , wire it mattered not! When the stars aligned it was a delight to use.The other 99% of the time drove me crazy .

2 Likes

I almost went down the Zen road, but decided to go the Metal Madness DID route. Then moved to the stupid costly MM TNS, which was at the tail end of the Genesis building phase of atomizers. Oh, I did my part for bolstering the Greek economy! My $225 TNS sits at the back of a drawer now! Guess I’ll have it for posterity sake!

The worst part of the MM TNS story is that it never really worked properly due to a conductivity issue with the center post. The tolerances were so tight down the center of the atomizer, voltage would jump between the center pin and the housing, causing a ever so slight dead short during the draw. I could feel my lips being shocked by the voltage and I see sparks jump between the metal glass shield surround and the housing. MM said it was all my fault and wouldn’t do jack crap to solve the issue. I’ve almost written a novel, so I’ll stop now! :triumph:

1 Like

I also have a NC. Have only used a velocity mini on it. The positive pin on the 510 protrudes enough use with a hybrid mod. If you are using mechanical mod…need to know ohms law. I use a ohms app. Series mod add the voltage from both batteries 8.4 to be safe. You should know what wattage you like. Then using ohms app… Put these these 2 numbers in. It will tell you the resistance needed and current. Make sure batteries are better than needed. Then use steam crave app to help you build the coils. Hope this helps. Something I learned the hard way. Dry fire and set coils on a different mod. Had hot legs and burned a coil into 2 pieces. Be careful with this mod. Would recommend having experience with mechanical mod before getting this one.

2 Likes

I hate to hear that about the TNS , I wanted one but things never did work out.I did get a poldiac that I love but never picked up any of the MM atty’s before they closed. I still search eBay looking for one at times , l know I am a glutton for punishment.
If you ever decide to part with the TNS let me know , I am sure I could let go of a House of Hybrids Zen atty. :grinning:

1 Like

It does have the power , great tip about setting your coils on a different mod.A week ago I had just installed a fused clapton.I got it wicked , juiced and ready to roll. I put the top cap down hit the fire button and got the bejesus scared out of me.The top cap of the Bo’Sun rda has a sleeve to adjust the side air flow.The sleeve was touching the coil , It melted a fused clapton and sounded like a .22 went off.:grimacing:

1 Like

Me too! :pensive: Every now and then, I’ll pull out some old Genesis style tank and give it a go, just to see if I still have the patience! Hell, now that I’m wicking with rayon, I might even pull out the TNS and give it a go again! With those 4mm wick holes, who knows, I might have a new-ish atomizer to put in the rotation. :thinking: Only issue is, I have to use it on my Poldiacs; I bought it with the hybrid connector…don’t have the 510 base. :pensive: I’ve thought about buying one before they are all gone…hmmmm?

1 Like

I love my 2 nc. I build at a range from 0.45- 0.65 and use n80, kanthal and clapton.

I do not recommend ss as you have to build such a massive coil to reach over 0.4.

Imho claptons is where the nc shines. Almost no ramp up time and boy or boy the flavor.

I use exclusively 25r and vct4 depending on the build.

Even if you have a tank with a protruding 510 and have the deck space for series build I wouldn’t use them. You will have problems with wicking… Trust me.

I do not recommend this mod to anyone that doesn’t understand and uses ohms law in there coil building.

2 Likes

And when calculating your amp draw it’s safe to use 7.8 v as you have voltage drop and battery sag.

3 Likes

whiterose0818 there is a very good vid on the noisy cricket by twisted messes. he covers every thing including ohms law and the kind of builds you should usehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETLIYye7eBw here is the link it truly is a must see.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I ordered my noisy cricket, with the indestructible rda. Black on black. With 4 25rs. Plus i just ordered a whole lot of mixing suplies lol. All should be here by Friday. Yeah

2 Likes

So ive been loosely following this thread after reading “dont use an rta on this hybrid”…this got my attention, as I read the samething about my SMPL mod.
But if my tank has a protruding center pin, and I know ohms law, the wtf???

I will say I did clean a tank really good(dry fired my coil for rewick and different flavor )one day, took the center pin out even…got done, filled the tank and screwed it down and immediately fired it up to take a pull…OUCH! HOT BUTTON!!! I forgot the center pin on the kitchen counter!!! I know I got lucky. But the same could have happened with an rda, so WTF? WHY no tanks???

2 Likes

I only heard to make sure the atomizer has a protruding center pin that can’t be depressed…

1 Like

Oh, like some of the prebuilt coils ive seen that do this…okay, now that makes sense.

Fyi, I recently had a scarry incident with an Amazon 18650 flashlight that totally outshines my hybrid dumbness…so its possible on any device I suppose.

1 Like

True - Any battery operated device where there is a possibility to short + & - … it’s scary stuff! I’ve had a few scary experiences, but mostly with my SMPL - I reacted quickly though, so nothing happened, except my nerves fraying ;D hehe

2 Likes

The bottom pin is the key.There are examples of RDA’s causing the NC to vent battery’s ,same as any mod with a hybrid connection.I when swapping out atty’s pull the threaded conector out of the NC.This way I can make sure it is below the plate.
I think the problem with most tanks is you have more pieces that could possibly short out.

1 Like

Basically my very first mod was a black copper smok-e-mountain vanilla mod and a tugboat RDA. I have literally vaped the paint off it over the years… I’ve heard of this issue before, but never thought it applied to me. Main issue I was unaware of was the danger of damage to the wraps.

1 Like

Love this mod. Protruding 510 and know your ohm law and it’s gravy.

7 Likes

Found this. Looks cool. For NC lovers.

4 Likes

Just like the little gun off men in black. It will knock you on your ass lmfao

3 Likes