Wismec RX200

If you are thinking about buy one of these, and they are a heck of a bargain at <$40, it might be a good idea to do it sooner rather than later. Evolve has filed a lawsuit for patent infringement against Joyetech/Wismec so supplies might dry up pretty soon.

I doubt supply will dry up before newer products would have naturally replaced them with better features anyways. It’s not just the RX200 named in the brief either.

“infringe at least claim 1 of the ’330 Patent: Wismec Reuleaux RX 200, Wismec
Presa Standard, Wismec Presa TC75W, Wismec Presa TC40W, Wismec
VaporFlask series (including at least the Classic, Lite, and Stout models), Joyetech
Cuboid, Joyetech eVic Series (including at least the VT, VTC, and VTC mini
models), Joyetech eGrip Series (including at least the VT and OLED models),
Joyetech eCom wattage controlled, Joyetech eMode, and Eleaf iStick series
(including at least the Eleaf Mini iStick 10W, Eleaf Mini iStick 20W, Eleaf iStick
20W, Eleaf iStick 30W, Eleaf iStick 50W, Eleaf iStick 100W, Eleaf iStick TC40W,
Eleaf iStick TC60W, and Eleaf iStick TC100W models).”

I see this being long and drawn out with a cash settlement on the end, but I don’t think you’ll see any blocks on the products sale before it gets replaced anyways. Evolv had always wanted to negotiate a license for the technology anyways. I doubt their goal has changed.

2 Likes

I agree with you @Big_Benny_MI, the consumer will not see any change other than a lower price as new tech becomes available.

That’s good. Was thinking the judge might slap on an injunction freezing sales or something similar.