Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

POSSIBLE Ceiling Strike on the Corn Powder !!! @3.5%, felt like it was going sideways, so either, it’s NOT good hehe, OR, I mixed it too high. Re-mixing @ 1/2 rate. Stay tuned…

7 Likes

Raspberry Jelly Bean (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-27-20) – Being a fan of WF’s Black Cherry Jelly Bean, I had high hopes for this one. Right out of the gate, I had a distinct medley taste, that felt like a Raspberry with something else, much like a Luden’s cough drop BUT, without the cough medicine. I couldn’t really place the “other” flavor here, and am starting to suspect it MAY be the “jelly bean” element. It wasn’t off-putting, but this flavor, you will LOVE it, or HATE it. It’s not really either a natural raspberry, OR, a candied, but something else. At 3.5%, I was suspecting it could be mixed lower, and if time permits, I MAY re-mix lower, like WF’s Corn Powder. I was quite strong at this weight, but not overbearing. A click above mid level sweet which was expected because of the “Jelly Bean” aspect. As I work through this tank, I’m not sure if I’m a fan or a not fan of this one. Will be interested to hear what other reviewers think. I think comparing this with the Black Cherry Jelly Bean, safe to say I’m more of a fan of the Black Cherry. Please try this for yourself, and decide, as the Raspberry is QUITE unique, and it may be what you need. All in, feeling this, for my tastes at a 6/10. If I re-mix this lower, I will update this review.

9 Likes

Tropical Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-27-20) – Wow, Wonder Flavors really did some crafty mixing in this one. “Tropical” was about the perfect way to describe this, and they tempered it so well, that it was VERY hard to pick out the individual components. There was def. a pineapple in there, and I think I could almost detect some coconut, but there was/were something else in there, that was almost tweaking the pineapple, and it continued to defy my detection skills. Maybe a mango, yes, I think that might be it. Very well crafted, and was perfect at this weight. Mid level sweetness did it justice, and it really did convey an almost perfect “Tropical”, but did so shrouded in secrecy. It really was a nice, full spectrum vape from low to mid notes, with some high end punch. I wouldn’t call this a “punch”, and not “cirtusy”, but a really great tropical medley. 9.5/10.

9 Likes

Did you get any vanilla? Just a touch like white jelly beans.
I mixed this at 2% SFT and thought it had a bit left in it.

4 Likes

I didn’t get any vanilla, but it felt as if I mixed it too high.

4 Likes

Ya you may be a touch high on that one for my tastes
I got a pineapple/coconut/guava with a hint of a floral (could be hibiscus wish I knew) or a floralish mango I would say around 1.5 in a mix

6 Likes

Hmmm, maybe that’s what that element was.

5 Likes

Whatever it is it is damn tasty

6 Likes

How pronounced is the coconut and could is be easily masked please?

4 Likes

Definitely picking up that one, thanks for the reviews and hard work you put into this @SessionDrummer :+1:

5 Likes

@Letitia the coconut is very low in the mix, and could easily be covered, but it’s so low, odds are it won’t matter much.

4 Likes

Thank you @Rocky02852.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with @SessionDrummer if you were to add a cream of some description the coconut would not be detectable

5 Likes

I can third what @SessionDrummer and @woftam say about the coconut

5 Likes

Adding to the list. Thanks for the feedback.

5 Likes

Sugar Cookie (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-31-20) – Coming down to the final few in this large second series with the Sugar Cookie. I actually vaped this one on/off for a few days while busy, and had some time to get to know it better. Realizing these are dik free flavs, I wasn’t expecting a super rich, buttery cookie, but it surprised me a bit, by being fairly full none the less. Not overly buttery, but a full and semi-rich cookie that leaned a little lighter than say CAP’s v.1 and v.2 sugar cookie. With no overt undertones of vanilla, almond or choco chips, this one will be quite useful, and able to be push/pulled as you need. Sweetness was about mid level, and at this weight, didn’t feel overflavored at all, and quite usable. No AP elements, but an even keeled bakery back end that suited it. If you’re looking for a super rich butter cookie, this ain’t it, but if you want a really good, neutral sugar cookie, that leans lighter, this one could work out good for you. Feels really good at 7.5/10.

11 Likes

Buttermilk (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-31-20) – What an interesting one this one was. Smelling it in the bottle, I was immediately picking up the BA, and it smelled identical to TPA’s Sweet Cream. Now for some of you, that may be the end of the review, but let’s carry on anyway. Vaping this, shockingly the BA almost died off, and was almost not present at all. Shocking, right ? The difference between smelling, and vaping this one was quite interesting. There were still some slight BA notes, with a mid level sweetness, and above average mouthfeel. The overall effect was creamy/dairy but was somewhat relaxed, and not as forward as expected when smelling it. I don’t know if this could become my go to dairy, but I can see a lot of uses for it. Continued vaping didn’t reveal any overt milky-ness, like TPA Dairy/Milk or OOO Cream (Milky Undertones), but again, the overall takeaway was that of a more relaxed dairy. Because of the somewhat recessed dairy, feels good at 6.75/10.

11 Likes

Egg Yolk (SC) (WF) 1.75% (7-31-20) – Started out this test at 3.5% and it seemed as if it might be hitting the ceiling, and lowered it to half at 1.75%. I didn’t get an egg yolk at either percentage, but it felt better, and more relaxed at the lower rate. Despite halving it, it still didn’t speak egg yolk to me. It is a hard to define flavor, but it was almost like a vanilla pudding, minus all of the vanilla and some of the pudding. Makes no sense, right ? It was mid level sweet, and almost nondescript, and at 1.75% wasn’t off-putting, and didn’t have any strange notes. Surely you could add this to almost any custard, many bakeries, as a base booster, but not much in the way of an egg booster lol. Not bad by any means, but no real direction jumped out at me during the testing. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an egg yolk flavor, so don’t want to beat up on the one I did see and try, but for a pudding/custard booster this would work pretty good. Leaving it at a nondescript 6/10.

9 Likes

As always a very good description of what I get too.

I thought it was similar to Cookie Butter so added the 2 together with Lemon Custard and Kumquat. Oh and a drop of zing…M? Lemon. It’s fresh but seems promising…

6 Likes

Thank you very much @marsh8. You are spot on with the similarities to Cookie Butter. Let me know how your foursome plays out.

4 Likes