Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

I thought I may have been influenced by reading your review and I too was loosing it. :crazy_face:
But Iā€™ve been back a few times now.

4 Likes

Hehe, well shit, hadnā€™t considered that. It IS hard to UN-read, or UN-hear, and/or UN-taste something once you have. I canā€™t remember exactly HOW it happened, but I think years ago, I was using some FA Honey, and STOOPID high levels (didnā€™t know what I was doing),and WOW, did that leave an impression.

On my VERY first vape, I was like, ā€œUhhh Ohhhhā€, but I pushed onwards. It did lessen, or maybe my PERCEPTION of it lessened throughout the vape, but it was always there, sneaking around, just out of sight, but I knew it was still there. Iā€™m VERY curious to hear what @lukeloop thinks as well.

6 Likes

Personally pretty underwhelmed with both the Butter Cake and Portugese Egg Tart. The egg tart isnt bad but very light @ 3% in recipies to me, may have to try it higher (tho I do like flavours stronger usually anyway).
The butter cake I just found really bland myself, was thinking I may end up using it in lots of bakeries from wf descriptionā€¦think more likely it will become a cupbaord dust gatherer tbh.

8 Likes

Thank you @Will_G, I LOVE to hear other feedback/thoughts. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

Crumble Topping (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-25-20) ā€“ Liquid Crack Alert !!! That was the Lede for this flavor, hehe. OK, I think itā€™s safe to say this one IS in my wheelhouse. I knew I was going to love this one upon mixing it, but you never know. This seemed to effortlessly portray EXACTLY what it was named. No commonplace bakery with some butter thrown in, in this one, but an actual crumble type flavor, that tastes like, CRUMBLE !!! Repeated vaping, just didnā€™t allow me to pick out any individual aspects despite trying very hard to do so. Suffice it to say, I can see a LOT of uses for this one, most probably in the bakery arena, but others as well. VERY true to name, with a mid sweet, almost buttery finish, but the butter element is NOT the main star here. No discernible AP or Biscuits per se, but a very smartly crafted (I know, repeating) crumble, that if you smell in the tank you would swear it was real. Tasted really good, and full at this testing weight, with nothing pulling it off profile. Letā€™s agree to agree, that I WILL be finishing the tank AND bottle on this one. Iā€™ve seen some very eloquent solutions crafted to CREATE a crumble out of handfuls of flavors, but now, you can do it, with JUST ONE. If you like crumbles, I would suggest getting this one. I canā€™t go lower than 10/10.

18 Likes

Keep 'em coming man. Excellent efforts we appreciate.

9 Likes

Thank you Mr. Phil.

5 Likes

I agree with Phil! My wallet and wife arenā€™t a fan but at least she only hates SD and not you personally :rofl:

6 Likes

Did the Crumble have any spice notes?

5 Likes

@Letitia I was actually expecting some, but surprisingly enough, I didnā€™t really taste any.

4 Likes

Citrus Gummy Slices (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-25-20) ā€“ Citrus and Gummy, whoā€™d-a-thunk it. Well, they nailed it for what itā€™s worth. Citrus didnā€™t present as an overly complex mix, with a simple lemon/lime with a splash of orange mix that you could ALMOST taste the citrus oil on the exhale, but just barely. The gummy slid into the rear of the vape, and was somewhat overshadowed by the citrus notes, but still present. 3.5% proved to leave this one just strong enough without being overbearing, and with a mid level sweetness, it played nicely. Nothing complex here, but it is, what it claims to be. 7.5/10.

10 Likes

That makes me very happy actually. Thank you.

6 Likes

Kumquat (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-26-20) ā€“ I knew this one was going to be an interesting one to try, as I have never vaped, a Kumquat before. Citrusy, somewhat sour, and tangy, and that felt about right for this Asian fruit. The citrus is hard to explain as itā€™s orange-ish, but then again not LOL. Sweetness was almost below mid level, and paired very well with the tart/sour notes. The end of the vape had a very distinctive citrus peel finish, which seemed to add to the authenticity of this one. Continued vaping didnā€™t improve my chances of better explaining it, but perhaps also blood orange-ish as well. All in, a very good vape, and at this strength, felt good. I donā€™t often mix up many orange/citrus flavors, but this one had me second guessing that. 8.5/10.

7 Likes

This was the review I was waiting on and of course I now have to order it. Lol
Thanks

5 Likes

Well if you do @Letitia you MUST report back on this thread, as to what YOU think of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bread (Butter Toast)(SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-26-20) ā€“ This one SCARED me on the mix, as I believe it looked purple in the bottle !!! Check my bottle shot 6th from the left . With that said, my current fav for toasted bread (with jam) is hands down Solub Aromeā€™s Breakfast, and this one DID have some very similar toasted elements to it, albeit much lower in the mix. Assuming dik free here, it didnā€™t have the rich buttery goodness that only diks can deliver, but there were some elements of butter here. Sweetness was a smidge above expected, so it would be more of a toasted sweet bread with butter. At this percentage it wasnā€™t overly heavy, and I wonder how easily it would be overrun by a jam flavor. If not for the small tester, I would have tossed in a jam to see how it fare. For me the overall takeaway was a semi sweet toasted bread with a hint of butter. Nothing off putting, and the toasted notes were low enough as to not overrun the mix. 7.1/10.

10 Likes

How cooked does the toast come across? I havenā€™t mixed it yet, it smelt like it was well cooked almost burnt. So I tested the ones I liked the smell.

2 Likes

Citrus Drink (Five Fruits) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-26-20) ā€“ I donā€™t know why, but I went into this one thinking, ā€œOk, punch right ?ā€. Well, it did say citrus drink lol. As far as citrus goes, it has it in SPADES. They claim 5 fruits, and I could make out lemon, lime, and maybe grapefruit, and some orange. Itā€™s actually well crafted where none really stood out, but the citrus punch that it packed could not be ignored. A little less than mid sweetness, and as was the case with other WF citrus flavors, this one did leave a slight lingering citrus oil (peel) on the finish, which helped finish it off. If you want a nice citrus blend with no real standouts, this one WILL work for you. Mid sweet, with just enough tart it was well thought out, and executed. No real takeoffs, nothing off putting, a really good medley 9.5/10.

7 Likes

@marsh8 the ā€œcookedā€ notes did approach burnt, but much more subdued in the mix than say SAā€™s Breakfast, where the burnt is much more forward.

5 Likes

ā€¦and the list gets longer.

4 Likes