Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

Oh shoot, just placed 2 Orders and totally forgot about that one :frowning:
The coffee liqueur I only use to supplement another coffee :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Exactly, me too. It does wonders for Tiramisu (FA) too. Beefs up the coffee in the Tiramisu in a nice dessert kinda way.

4 Likes

OMG, thatā€™s such a great review and I need to place now urgently a new orderā€¦
Thank you @SessionDrummer!

3 Likes

Tell me about it! I just received 21 flavors from BCF. @SessionDrummer should get a commission from all his work. God knows how many sales he ramps up.

5 Likes

@Session Drummer I was thinkingā€¦After finishing each brand maybe I can get with you and go through what I chose for the solos so you can concur or add opinions. That way folks donā€™t have to wait for all the brands to be done to get some results. When itā€™s convenient, of course. I can start a PM with the list and when you have time, take a look.

4 Likes

I looked for that but only found WF Smooth Cappuccino, nothing with cream. Was that a typo?

Oh for cryin out loud! I already had that in my stash and I just bought another bottle with this last order. Der, this is what happens when you start spiraling :crazy_face: On the positive side I may like it and use it all up. Badda bing, badda boom!

4 Likes

I just mixed the Sā€™mores Cupcake. I wanted to drink it. Canā€™t believe how good the chocolate smells. My recent haulā€¦(21 flavors).

8 Likes

No typo, Iā€™ve just googled it and apparently itā€™s what itā€™s called in most places except for Bull City that calls it just Smooth Cappuccino, Iā€™m pretty certain itā€™s exactly the same flavour
Buying duplicate flavours by accident is a particular forte of mine and Iā€™ve perfected the art down to a tee :crazy_face:

9 Likes

@muth, what are you trying to decide, which ones TO test ?

4 Likes

I think you will like this flavour and not be too disappointed that you bought two by mistake. I think Sheerluck Ohms does a couple of great recipes using it and if my memory serves so does Nevans, please donā€™t quote me on that mind as my memory is not the best these days.

4 Likes

Iā€™m reading through your test notes and picking out the ones you rate as good for solos such as WF Sā€™mores Cupcake as a good example. The purpose is to help newbs find something they can mix easily and be encouraged to start mixing. Iā€™ve received some good responses on the idea so thought I would work on it. I would want to concur with you first to make sure you agree on the picks. I basically am going by your own words but do have questions.

5 Likes

Ohhhhhh, so you JUST want flavors that are good enough to stand on their own, so new mixers, can just make 1 flavor mixes ??

Hehe, I DO have a lot of notes, but am happy to answer any questions @muth.

4 Likes

Yes, to get their feet wet, so to speak. I know some mixers who just want a simple 2-3 mix and arenā€™t interested in delving as deep as most folks on ELR. Sometimes they ask about good standalones. Sometimes they get frustrated and want to give up. I think it would encourage them to mix a flavor and have something vapeable. Not everyone has the temperament or passion for flavors like many here do. And some vapers can only buy tobacco flavored ejuice in their states, like my state.
Some have gone back to smoking out of frustration and anger.

8 Likes

Well in THAT CASE, tell me what I can do to help @muth, as it sounds like you are doing some good work here.

6 Likes

Sure, when I go through your notes and find the ones you declare as good solos and others I might have questions about Iā€™ll PM you with a list you can look at and confirm. I donā€™t want to represent your notes incorrectly. Will that be okay?

6 Likes
4 Likes

Sounds good @muth.

5 Likes

5 Likes

@muth, although I donā€™t specifically go into any SFTā€™s looking for stand alone soloā€™s many times, some DO stand out as such.

Sā€™mores Cupcake (SC) (WF) 3% (5-7-19) ā€“ After smelling this in the bottle, I KNEW I was not going to be able to let this steep. Too much of a Sā€™mores junkie. I have tried almost every one-shot-ish Sā€™mores flavor out there, and many/most just never came close to what you could mix on your own. This one however, was pretty damned good. Surprisingly clear for a Sā€™mores with chocolate, and did NOT gunk the coils. It tasted good enough to compel me to mix up a 120ml on the spot. Very evenly mixed, with the chocolate and a cake-ish element on the top, with graham lower in the mix, with a nice somewhat sweet mouthfeel element of marshmallow. The cake element might be what pushed it over the top for me. No steep, fresh mixed, was excellent. Choco was not bitter, or dry, nor overpowering. It was a mid dark choco that had some malty notes similar to FLV Marshmallow. The cake element MIGHT be WFā€™s white cake, but havenā€™t tried that yet. Regardless is sat right in the middle of the mix and worked perfectly. The graham is lower in the mix but still present, and might be overshadowed by the cake, but itā€™s hard to tell. After going through numerous tanks, was surprised how clean the coils stayed, and although it has some sweetness, it was by no means too sweet. Without a doubt the BEST single flavor Sā€™mores I have tried, bar none. I will continue to work on the 120ml bottle of this little gem as I test the other flavors, but as tested, freshly mixed, I cannot go lower than 10/10.

Blueberry Jam (WF) 3.0% (01-20-10) ā€“ After hearing some good reviews of this one, decided to try it. Well, right out of the gate, this one WAS good. As far as blueberries go, I love quite a few, but only if they didnā€™t have too much ā€œmuskā€ to them (earthy kind of undertones). This one barely had any, so that was a big PLUS right there. Now, at 3% it was quite full and rich (for a fruit), and it appeared to be a mix of blueberry, maybe bilberry, with possibly a smidge of blackberry, as it was a ā€œdarkerā€ flavor. Nicely sweet, and to me, the mix of the three berries, DID present some jammy elements. I think @Silhouette mentioned this in her notes, but there is something ELSE in here thatā€™s giving it body. When smelling it in the bottle, I felt like it was a blueberry muffin, vaping it did NOT present any muffin, but thereā€™s something in there, maybe a bakery element, far lower in the mix, that keeps it interesting, but just below the surface. I could actually see ADVā€™ing on this, simply solo, even at 3% with nothing added. With that high praise, I feel good leaving this at 9.7/10, with only minor take-offs for not being a ā€œpureā€ blueberry.

Boysenberry Raspberry (WF) 3.5% (8-21-19) ā€“ Youā€™ve gotta love it when you put off doing SF tests, start baaaaack up again, and the first one out of the gate (2nd series) is a winner. OK, BoysenRasp, what gives ? Iā€™ve had a hard time with many (despite INW Rasp being my most used, but MF Wild Rasp being my favorite) where most are either non-existant, perfumey/soapy, or just really strong/artificial. This one was NONE of the above. VERY nicely done blend of boysn and rasp, with an almost perfect amount of sour punch to get your interest, just barely enough sweet to keep you interested, and just a great darker-ish berry pairing. Neither steals the show, but both are present. Sometimes you get that FIRST thought when testing, and mine on this flavor was, ā€œWow, really good, AND, they didnā€™t make it too sweetā€. Nothing off-putting, overly artificial, just a really good pairing (Iā€™m repeating). Good enough for a 2nd tank for me, and you COULD run this one solo, as I feel itā€™s that good. Leaned towards the darker side which I prefer, and despite repeated tanks/vapes, could never which one was leading the other. I hate to compare it, but it is similar to FA Forrest Fruit. NOT the same, but that puts you in the ballpark. 9.9/10.

Hazelnut and Cream (WF) 3.5% (8-25-19) ā€“ Although Iā€™ve never been a HUGE fan of Hazelnut, I learned by watching many use FW Hazelnut. This one was pretty damned great, in a word, out of the gate. Not sure exactly how to describe a Hazel, but it had all the right top and bottom notes, and perfectly creamed and sweetened. Nothing off putting, I could see this one being used VERY frequently. Honestly, pretty damned good as a solo. Could this replace FWā€™s Hazel ?? Hmmmmm, not sure yet, but this one IS one of the standouts in series 2 testing. Continued vaping, is leading to more ā€¦ continued vaping of this one. 10/10.

Peach Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-26-19) ā€“ Peach and I have a love affair, so if anyoneā€™s going to hit the Peach, itā€™s me. My current go to is TPA Juicy Peach for reference. Out of the gate, this one screamed WINNER. At 3.5% it was really damned good, full, and tasty. When I read ā€œgummy candyā€ I cringed as Iā€™ve had some sub-par GCā€™s prior to this test. The peach was very juicy and fresh tasting, and (dare I say) fuller than Juicy Peach. Now although I didnā€™t get a ā€œgummyā€ per se, I did get a somewhat jammy-ness, maybe even a hint of Pear in there. At first I thought similar to JFā€™s Honey Peach, but that was heavy on the honeydew, where as this had none, but if youā€™ve tried that, and remember the pairing, this is similar, but maybe two peaches, and some pear tossed in. No spices, just the way I like it, itā€™s not a pie filling, but sure could be used as one. CAPā€™s yellow peach comes to mind, but this is superior IMO. If you want a super gummy, this may not be for you, but if you want a good jammy peach with a hint o pear, you WILL want to get this one. Continued vaping on this one tells me you COULD solo this one. Maybe push it a % up for a super solo maybe. Now I would have called it Jammy Peach, so I gotta knock off a point for not much gummy, but itā€™s just too damned good to mark it down. 10/10 as a Jammy Peach, 9/10 as a Gummy Peach.

Crumble Topping (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-25-20) ā€“ Liquid Crack Alert !!! That was the Lede for this flavor, hehe. OK, I think itā€™s safe to say this one IS in my wheelhouse. I knew I was going to love this one upon mixing it, but you never know. This seemed to effortlessly portray EXACTLY what it was named. No commonplace bakery with some butter thrown in, in this one, but an actual crumble type flavor, that tastes like, CRUMBLE !!! Repeated vaping, just didnā€™t allow me to pick out any individual aspects despite trying very hard to do so. Suffice it to say, I can see a LOT of uses for this one, most probably in the bakery arena, but others as well. VERY true to name, with a mid sweet, almost buttery finish, but the butter element is NOT the main star here. No discernible AP or Biscuits per se, but a very smartly crafted (I know, repeating) crumble, that if you smell in the tank you would swear it was real. Tasted really good, and full at this testing weight, with nothing pulling it off profile. Letā€™s agree to agree, that I WILL be finishing the tank AND bottle on this one. Iā€™ve seen some very eloquent solutions crafted to CREATE a crumble out of handfuls of flavors, but now, you can do it, with JUST ONE. If you like crumbles, I would suggest getting this one. I canā€™t go lower than 10/10.

10 Likes

Iā€™m vaping the Sā€™mores Cupcake finally. It was steeping for 5 days. I think Iā€™ll try another batch and vape it off the shake. I really liked the chocolate (a first for me). Overall, I might boost the pct because I want more of this goodness! I have a confession. I never had a Sā€™mores (that I can remember) so didnā€™t have any preconceptions. I was unable to pick up any graham cracker but maybe by vaping fresh or boosting it Iā€™ll be able to taste it. Right now, I just want more of it! So nice to discover a profile thatā€™s different from my usual. Very surprised. Thx for the notes.

6 Likes