Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

Well, yes, but… same situation as @SessionDrummer project went on hold when we took a holiday trip to Philippines and after we returned i have been busy, so didnt get to get back to the project.

When doing SFT (the way i do), taking a few weeks out of the calendar, wont only be affecting a few weeks of results due to all the follow up testing at 3, 10 and 20 day steep becomes affected.

Anyway, i will get back to it ASAP and will also see if i can find time to finalise the flavor notes that i did complete.

8 Likes

Is it me or are all these WF flavors a little on the harsh side? I’ve mixed them up at 3% like most others here have done. The flavors are good but a little prickly in the throat.
I’ve been steeping some testers for 3 weeks now, together with some others from PUR, LB, FLV & JF. The others are pretty smooth so I can definitely rule out my base liquids or equipment.

4 Likes

@anon28032772 I haven’t noticed that yet, but I have quite a few more to test. I’ll keep an eye out.

3 Likes

I’ve only been through a few (maybe 8-10 so far) and I’ve had mixed results. 3 or so had a bit of a bite to them, but the others were fine.

3 Likes

I’m not getting any harsh notes from the ones I’ve gotten but I mix with salts if that matters. Loving the shortbread and brown sugar cookies. The lemon squares are awfully sweet but the crust is yummy, will try with some sour lemon and maybe something like passion fruit.

6 Likes

Oh, maybe a decadent raspberry cheesecake using some of the lemon squares.

3 Likes

Not harsh for me of the flavors I have tried but looked back at what you ordered and have only tried the Frozen Yogurt so far.

4 Likes

The frozen yogurt is one of the easiest to vape … let’s hope it just needs a little extra time because I like the taste of most of them.

6 Likes

I mixed testers with the same base liquids as I did with some other brands and they’re very smooth to vape. It could always be that it makes a difference but wouldn’t I notice that with the other ones too?

2 Likes

I don’t know honestly. I’ve used salts since I started mixing and have noticed I don’t get harshness from some flavors others do. Too many variables to pin it down from person to person. I’m high vg and only use peg400 if I have a very low flavor percentage. I also mix my salts base with 6% dw. I use no additives and even my citrus heavy juices only have a slight th.

4 Likes

I mix most WF in the 1-1.5% range and they are plenty strong in that range

4 Likes

You mean working with them in a recipe or even as single flavor?

2 Likes

In a recipe. I usually SF test them at 0.5-.75%

3 Likes

Maybe this should go in another thread … but how does that work? Everywhere I look, I see people using more in SF than in a recipe and it’s my impression as well that a SF needs a little bump in %.

3 Likes

I prefer to test low. More than likely testing to high can skew how you view the flavor and can limit your ideas for how it can be used.

If it is weak, fades out or has off notes I then know it is not a result of overflavoring and can go up from there…

6 Likes

I’ve gotten lazy and mix anything SC at 2% for sft. WF (not SC), VT, and FA 3%, CAP 5%. INW and TFA 3-4% depending on flavor notes.

9 Likes

Tiny very Tiny dear

2 Likes

Mixing up Series 2.

Boysenberry Raspberry (WF)
Butterscotch Cream Pie (WF)
Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust (WF)
Cinnamon Pastry (WF)
Coconut Custard (SC) (WF)
Creme Brulee Cookies (WF)
Cream Filling (WF)
Hazelnut and Cream (WF)
Lemon Squares (WF)
Marshmallow Candy (WF)
Marshmallow Gooey (WF)
Oats and Cream Cookie (SC) (WF)
Peach Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3% (05-07-19)
Pistachio Cream (SC) (WF)
Puff Cereal Cocoa (WF)
Puff Cereal Frosted (WF)
Sour Blue Raspberry (WF)
Sour Gummy Candy (SC) (WF)
White Chocolate Milky Cream (WF)

9 Likes

Is Crispy Coffee (SC) (WF) going to be tested too? Looking for your thoughts on that one.

4 Likes

LOL @anon70102222 You JUST had to pick one I didn’t have. Sorry. I have quite a few, but not that one.

3 Likes