Wonder Flavors (WF) Part II Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Mixing NOW!

Many times, so much so that I learnt how to prep them without getting a skin rash.

I like to use Yam and Starch Base (FLV) to replicate it in a juices.

5 Likes

Amazing tune:

3 Likes

@SquirrelSmash well that’s both unsettling, and great at the same time.

5 Likes

Nougat (WF) 3.5% (4-24-22) – LAST one in this series. While many US’ers may think they know Nougat from candy bars, but not all really know what a true Nougat is. This one, WAS that Nougat. Because Nougat shares some commonalities with Meringue, I was looking for that, and it did have that as well. Maybe a good comparison might be a meringue with some honey, and butter elements, and a nutty undertones, which I think were almond-ish. A few ticks above mid level sweet, this one wowed with nothing out of place, and nicely rich and full @ 3.5%. It didn’t feel ceiling smashing, but you could probably reduce to even 2.0-2.5% with little to no overall reduction. The almost buttery-ish honey notes seemed to really pull this one together, and keep it cohesive. When comparing it to real Nougats I’ve tried, this one was about as spot on as I have ever had. When mixing it up, it almost smelled bitter, so I left it for the LAST flavor in this series, and great news, as there was NO bitterness to be found. All in, if you want/need a real Nougat, this one SHOULD be on your rack. Easily a 10/10, and a GREAT finish to this series of new releases from Wonder Flavors.

11 Likes

I’ll just drop this here @SessionDrummer it’s all new ones except the Cotton Candy Jellybean.
Shocked how much I like the Hami Melon and due to accidentally dripping blackcurrant (one of my favs) on top of it this is the outcome. The kiwi seems to work well with the melon too.
The melon comes out on top and I’m taking this to work today.

7 Likes

Wow, @marsh8 that REALLY looks good. Great use already from the new ones.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ve mixed with them all now except the taro, I sniffed it and was scared :rofl:

6 Likes

Don’t feel bad, there were a FEW that I smelled while mixing, and I kind of made a sour face, with fear, and hesitation. Steepy, steep, steep, and what do you know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Condensed Milk and Chocolate is another thing I learnt from mixing with the new ones.

5 Likes

That’s nothing on the scale of my Chinese food adventures - You haven’t lived until you’ve battled a goose in the shower and eels in the sink.

6 Likes

I’m not going to touch that one.

4 Likes

Neither did I - just a precise cut with a clean knife.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I have a huge park near my house along the river.
I took a couple of loaves of bread and some doughnuts down there for the geese.
I got attacked by two of them in less than a minute.THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES

8 Likes

@SessionDrummer any pure flavours from this line to recommend? Or are all ones with accents? A bakery realised for St. Swithin’s is a nightmare.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by “pure”, but as far as simpler/cleaner/ less complex, or lack of a “blend” or “one-shot”-ish flavor, I would have to say the Blackcurrant stood out @SquirrelSmash.

7 Likes

Ah, ‘pure’ is a term I use to reflect a natural flavour. eg. Ginger (FLV) is ginger ale, Ginger (FW) is powdered ginger and Ginger Root (VTA) is a raw natural taste.

5 Likes

I’ve used this in a couple of mixes but just SF it and WOW!!! :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

Don’t normally do peanut butter, and was a little scared of this one but I suppose it’s not straight peanut butter it’s rather creamy with some sort of toffee note to round it out. Look forward to playing with it some more.

No skin!!! A lot of others I’ve tried I can’t get past that.

7 Likes

Very agreed @marsh8, as I was afraid to test a PB Taffy, until I DID.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

No Ginger in this series @SquirrelSmash.

4 Likes