Wotofo profile 1.5 RDA

As leaders in the Mesh and flavour stakes, I was excited to receive the version 1.5 profile, having already been a big fan of the smaller predecessor. As usual with all Wotofo products, you get a fistful of extras in the package, including a quite beautiful lower profile spare drip tip. The quality and craftmanship on the drip tips alone was enough to tell me this was going to be a really decent RDA.

In the package you also get three different types of Kanthal mesh. ‘Chill’is a cooler vape at 65W, but decent flavour and clouds…this was my favourite mesh with instantaneous ramp up, and perfect for those not into high wattage vaping, or for those using single battery squonks. ‘Turbo’ was also a good vape, but I needed to turn the dial up to 75W. Better clouds but a bit too hot for my liking However with the airflow wide open, I managed to still enjoy it, and would happily have this as my stock coil if the Chill wasn’t there.‘ Extreme’, like the Turbo with even more oomph, it needs a bit too much power to really sing but this would be perfect for those that like to hit the 85w range.

Rather than boring you with all the stuff you probably already know from the original Profile…bangin flavour…decent clouds…smooth airflow, lets get straight to the improvements, and the reasons I really like this RDA, and also the negatives…albeit there a very few of them.

Bigger build deck, larger mesh, more cotton ….its by no means a large RDA, but its increased size just helps it wick, helps the flavour along and it’s not shy on the cloud front. The build deck is also raised a little more, encouraging the juice to fall back down into the deeper wells, rather than pooling on top.

Larger spring under the grooved ceramic cotton support helps the cotton stay firmly in place, with no danger of any gaps between cotton and mesh. The grooves also helps to channel juice all around the fluffy stuff where its needed. This was one of my main gripes when wicking the Profile Unity. If the cotton had some miles on the clock, I would occasionally get a gap where the cotton slumped. I warn you….dry hits on a Mesh RTA are not for the faint hearted. It literally floored me like being kicked in the nuts with a big safety boot.

Drip Tips – comfortable, tight fitting and you get two…both of which look beautiful.

Airflow – the Airflow is adjusted from just below the drip tip. It’s a snug fit, so adjusting does take a little effort, but once you are set up, I doubt you will change it until you maybe switch up the Mesh. My preference was fully open minus 3 holes closed for Chill Mesh, and fully open when using higher power on Turbo and extreme.

Wicking – I won’t insult anyone and explain how to install the mesh. I mean aside from my first ever experience with Mesh on the Unity (when I used the thin end of the mesh shaping tool to bend the mesh)…its pure simplicity for anyone with half a brain and more than 3 fingers. The screws are usual wotofo quality…no threading danger. You just need to stuff this with cotton, fluff it out and fill the gaps nicely. It can take a hell of a lot of cotton so don’t be shy.

The only two small negatives I could find, and I only put them as negatives to stop myself looking like some weird kind of Wotofo groupie: Juice well…I’d still like it a little deeper. I know the raising of the deck makes this more tricky, but the amount of cotton needed leaves little room to get juiced up quick. This is really a squonk only R’S’A not a dripper, so if you don’t own a squonk and need this RSA in your life, you will need to make another purchase. I started off in dripping mode, but this is such a thirsty beast it literally sucked the life out of my cotton every two pulls. I contemplated rigging up an intravenous drip assembly to hold my bottle

To see where in the flavour stakes this RSA stands, I decided to use two standalone single flavours from #molinberry both freshly wicked using good old bacon. With most of the line available at chef’s flavours, molinberry is making strides. A diverse range of strong flavours that are clean sharp with no off notes found as yet. I used legendary custard for bakery and original lemonade for fruits. I think the profile sang a bit louder on the custard than the fruits…but I think this is down to personal taste more than science!

So in summary…it’s not revolutionary…but it is better than its it’s already ‘A grading’ older but smaller brother. Would I buy it for 20 something USD…for sure I would. It’s a decent price point for the build quality and flavour u can achieve. I would pay 5 bucks each for the drip tips…and u get two of them. Oh and you can put a standard single coil in there if u run out of mesh…but where’s the fun in that!

17 Likes

Great, I’m loving it so far. I have no problem with the juice well myself and I Squonk the crap out this thing! Biggest gripe I would say is the upper airflow holes too high, (open 2 max) May have to enlarge or add lower holes. As far as the drip tips, yeah I liked them so much after I got the original Profile,that I bought a bunch in different colors, can’t recall where I got them but knowing me they where cheap😎

3 Likes

That’s the only way I’ve ever used my Profile, and it’s been fun for me anyway.

5 Likes

Out of interest why did you go the coil route and not mesh

4 Likes

You got lucky! I have yet to find the holy grail of drip tips that are cheap but good. My cheap ones fall out If a sparrow farts 1km away

5 Likes

Yeah, I know! That’s why I like these Wotofo tips, they are $3.99 from Wotofo. Wish I could remember where I got um from, was a add-on to an order, so free ship, definitely worth it! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve had it happen twice. Being kicked in the nuts is an understatement. It’s that brutal.
Nice review also. Thank you.

6 Likes

LOL I gave my vandy vape mesh away (RDA) one because I hacked my lungs out when trying to vape on it and yeah that dang dry hit hit my lungs like a ton of bricks and I never looked at that thing again. Wish I’d held onto my squonker though I could have used it with something else.

6 Likes

I’d wager that it happens a lot to people not experienced with mesh.

5 Likes

:rofl: That’s funny right there!

5 Likes

HAHAHA Good one.

Nice review bro. I think you should do some more.

5 Likes

Nice review, the profile was my first mesh RDA. It’s good to hear that they made some improvements in design. You’re right, the profile is better for squonking. I sold my squonk mod after figuring out how to wick the unity correctly. Took a couple of dry hits to get it right!
Try the nexmesh SS316L to add to the profile experience!

6 Likes

Damn near need a cotton plantation to wick the sucker…(haven’t used a mesh rebuildable atty yet)

7 Likes

Thanks will try the nexmesh 316. I really like my unity but still don’t think I have my wicking perfect. I make sure I have cotton shoulders up high against those upper juice holes, but I then always get accelerated cotton breakdown where the cotton touches the chimney

5 Likes

Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Sorry I missed the question.

I use tubes over mesh because I have a few miles of wire, and the mesh coil it came with was too low resistance for my preference. It actually works very well as a single tube, too. Really nice RDA actually.

6 Likes

Mike Vapes on YouTube got my wicking in the right direction. I barely leave enough cotton to cover those juice holes. I found that I have to wick it so loose that it’s almost leaking or else there will be a hotspot somewhere!

3 Likes

3 Likes