Wotofo profile ps dual mesh issue

I have read a lot. And i have come across a few posts. The internal sleeve doesnt need to be super tight. There must be a machine error or design flaw in it. When you put the sleeve in get it tight and then back it out a little then put the parallel pin in. A few have said it corrected the issue. I will update after i try it. Makes sense especially how the bf pin mashed the center clamp pin and broke. See how it goes with the reg parallel pin

4 Likes

3 days no response from wotofo at all. I have found about 6 posts where people have said it. So yeah its a def design flaw

3 Likes

Can confirm after tightening it i backed a half turn same issue. I backed it a qtr turn more problem solved. It fully works at 3/4 turn out. Im sure every rda will be different but half turn is where to start. I did run it for ten minutes with no issues as a dripper. Stayed at .06 ohms the whole time.

4 Likes

Wotofo finally got back once i show them the video they said they will send me a new one. So do i get to keep the old one? Is that what they did for you

1 Like

You have nothing more to do. You are a proud owner of two PS’s. Now only where to order a second hardware kit so you can replace the pin you snapped so you can set them up the way you like.

2 Likes

Ah i can send it back to the place i bought it and they will give me a replacement :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I sent a video of me pulsing it over and over showing only the one coil lights up. It really is a piss take tbh. Dont know what else they will need

1 Like

They will let you know if they need something else. I don’t think they will hassle you if it shows one side not firing. Would be surprised you will be required to ship it back. That costs them money.

2 Likes

I would have had it shipped today but forgot my phone number when i gave them my details :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Update got a replacement ans of course it came in parallel mode. The adapter inside wasnt tight so i through coils in the way it was shipped and it works great in parallel mode. I used ss mesh 300 from VV and i had to trim the width to get .15 ohms so they are kind of skinny. But things works great now

5 Likes

I noticed that they include another top clamp screw. It’s also hallow for squonking. I looked around my place for a solid one, but didn’t have any luck. I’d rather have a solid screw, but might just try it anyways. I broke the first one from tightening down on a wire build. It didn’t take much for it to snap. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

1 Like

No need to crank any pin down just snug is all it needs. No issues for me with it being hollow. Once i fell tension i stop

2 Likes

Like Psycho_316 said, I was trying to crank the Parallel Pin too hard and it still does not fire two coils. Then I try to lose a little bit of the Pin. It fires two coils OK. Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Hey man I just bought one. I’m having the same exact problem. I think it’s the little metal piece that goes around the parellel 510 pins. Because mine won’t work with the squonk or the solid parellel, but it works with both of the series pins. Whatever happened with your. I messaged the place I bought it and I messaged wotofo.

1 Like

You can not over tighten the sleeve for the parallel pin. You need to back it out until you find the sweet spot. Im running in parallel now at .15 ohm. Its tedious but its how you do it

1 Like