Wotofo profile ps dual mesh issue

Want to know if anyone that has it had a issue in parallel where its only running one coil. I tried re adjusting the mesh to no resolve and tried tightening up the 510 pin to where it might work and it broke. Have no clue how the hell im going to get a new bf pin for the parallel

5 Likes

I’d try writing wotofo

3 Likes

I did, see what they say. There was obv a problem with the bf pin for the parallel set up

4 Likes

Yep! Came new with the normal 510 pin. Only one side worked. Put in a doa claim with the vendor. They sent me another one. Same problem again till I cranked it down. Put the long bf pin in and had to over tighten to get both sides working. Over tightened the pin on the first one they sent and it snapped. Seems to be a common problem with the PS.
Contact WOTOFO and make a claim if it’s still in warranty. Be prepared to send a video for proof.

5 Likes

I cant send wotofo video proof the pin broke. Is it only with the bf pin that both sides dont work. I wonder if i should contact the company i bought it from to see what they can do

4 Likes

And its only a month old i believe so it should be still under warranty

3 Likes

Normal warranty is three months. They want to see a picture of the serial number ( # is on box ) and video of defect. You can try going to vendor but they will need the same information so they can be reimbursed.

5 Likes

The vendor told me all i need to do is send it back to them with they will replace it or refund me if they find the same fault with another bf pin in it

4 Likes

Did your do the same with the non bf pin? And did you use factory mesh from eotofo in it. My ss and ka1 from vandy vape worked great as a series deck.

3 Likes

Everything I used was stock WOTOFO. Regular 510 pin didn’t snap. What snapped was the long bf pin in the parts bag.

Who pays shipping on the return?
We’re you able to get all the snapped pin out or is there still a fragment left in the RDA?

Good vendor to do that for you.

5 Likes

I got it out with my tweezers for my coil master kit stuck in and twisted it out

3 Likes

They pay shipping as its faulty. I just fill out their claims form

3 Likes

Did the normal 510 pin do the same on parallel or was it just the bf? As in only one side work

3 Likes

Regular 510 read the same as the long bf pin . 2 X 30. Reads out at 16 ohms on the mod.
The PS out of the box only heated the mesh on one side till I figured out to tighten it. Read out to 16 ohms and both coils finally fired.
Just looked at mine now and it’s reading .3 ohms. Back to the drawing board. :rage:

4 Likes

So perhaps it’s appropriately named the ‘ps’.

6 Likes

Thats what mine did too fired both then the third pulse it read .27 ohms. Tightened it up a little more and it went to .13 ohm wicked it put it on my topside dual and .27 ohms lol tightened bf pin and it broke lol. Im going to try the regular one later. I think the problem is the sleeve you put in prior to installing the pin in parallel. There is definitely a issue in parallel mode. Wotofo still havent responded

5 Likes

Don’t know if it’s the insulator or not but there’s definitely a problem on the common terminal.

4 Likes

It happened with the normal 510 pin. And here is what it did it started off at .06 ohm which is where it should be. I vaped it for 3 puffs still ok. On the 5th it reverted to .12ohm only using one coil. I tightened the 510 and back to .06 ohm. 5th puff again to .12 ohm. It has to do with the pin itself getting hot no doubt. It has to be expanding the pin to where its losing a solid connection. Thats what i think. It would be the only explanation. I refused to tighten it any further incase i broke the 510 pin or squashed the center clamp screw to where it would be useless. Totally pissed off right now

4 Likes

It’s not the worse thing in the world. Third world problem. As the saying goes " It’s better to be pissed off than pissed on."

4 Likes

You can do that however my experiences have always been more expedient with the manufacturer directly. They have a reputation to uphold and usually respond right away. They’re aware that most of us share information on the forums :wink:

It sounds to me that they have a tolerance issue they need to correct. If they really want to make good they should offer recall parts to all customers affected. Have you seen any reviewers bringing this to attention?

5 Likes