WOTOFO PROFILE RDA Review

• List item

The WOTOFO PROFILE RDA: (Similar to the WOTOFO Profile UNITY RDTA)

The WOTOFO Profile RDA is now on the chopping block for review. I bought this device for the purpose of this review. This is another hard one to peg down as just good, great, or phenomenal. The mesh and wicking to me is the part that has, and I mean HAS to be on point with the mentioned devices. Mesh I will explain more later, in the review. If not wicked properly with the mesh that came with the device, you will get SATAN’s Chuck Norris punch to the face of a dry hit. I do not wish that hit on any even my worst enemies. I think the dragons from GOT ain’t got shit on the dry hit. Holy cow, it is bad if it happens. Now with all that fluff out of the way, let us get down to the crux of this device.

The key segway to this is cotton fluff.  The amount of cotton/rayon used in this device is like a tampon sized cotton wad and that amount has to be used in this device to make it functional. If you use cotton sparingly, the above-mentioned dry hit will ensue.  The cotton has to be fused to the mesh and be wet to get the best performance out the device. This is aided by the silicon tray like portion of the device that will push and hold the cotton to the mesh.  Some finagling has to be done to get this right. There are plenty of YouTube videos to watch on how to wick this monster. Therefore, after the sun, moon, stars and planets align in your wicking this device shines. There is a steep learning curve.  Do not just think you are going to waltz in, and just shove your cotton in there, and you will be fine.  Nope, you now need to have the finesse of a pruner of fine topiaries to get the wicking just right. (Think Edward Scissorhands!)

The mesh that comes with the Profile RDA is the WOTOFO mesh and comes in at .18 OHM resistance.  I wish it came in different types, like N80, N90, SS just to name a few. It is Kanthal and is what it is. I have tested the Vandy Vape Ni80 Mesh in the RDA.  What a difference it makes.  This mesh will come in at .11-.12 OHMs. I will say vapor production immediately increased.  Flavor on the Profile RDA jumped 10 fold to me.  The cost effectiveness of the roll versus the OFRF is staggering.  For about 

$3.00 - $7.00, you can get a couple of years’ worth of mesh for these devices. What you can do with OFRF mesh is use a piece to measure out the Vandy Vape mesh as a guideline to use. Cut it to length and then cut the Vandy Vape Mesh in half (length wise). (See the picture below.) You now have two pieces of mesh ready to go into the RDA. I have noticed that there is a major difference between the meshes. The honeycomb holes on the OFRF and the WOTOFO brand mesh are very large. There is not enough surface area for vapor production, which limits the amount of flavor produced in my opinion. To me this mutes many flavors in the device and it cannot reach its full potential in vapor and flavor production. Now when the Vandy Vape mesh got installed this device is truly a powerhouse. No dry hits, perfect vapor production, and flavors hit home really, really, well. No muting of any flavors and just hit all the marks for me.

With what juices does this shine? The Profile RDA mentioned in its advertisement that fruits are supposed to sing with this device. I can say with the WOTOFO Mesh installed, the Watermelon Ice liquid I make, is okay. A little on the muted side. Now with the Vandy Vape mesh, the liquids pop and the full flavor potential is reached. Creams/Custards/Butterscotch/Tobaccos now all hit the mark of phenomenal flavor to me. The Profile RDA is a juice hog. My recommendation is that if you get this device be prepared for lots of juice making or get ready to empty that pocket book for juices. I get good clean hits when the squonk is just right. I take 3-4 hits, then squonk again to make sure saturation of the cotton is still there. I have had the dry hits before and it is not pleasant, so I am ever wary of making sure my wicks are saturated. This works well with High VG liquids.

With what devices to use the Profile RDA should I use?  A Pulse BF 80W makes this device a slam-dunk in my opinion. When wicks are properly saturated I find this to be a great device. I do find myself using a lower wattage when vaping on the WOTOFO and Vandy Vape mesh, and this is a battery saver. In combination with these devices, the clouds are chucked quite well, especially with the Vandy Vape mesh installed.  It has a great airflow design even when closed off to the minimum amount of air holes allowed.  I would like to see a Bonza approach to airflow on this device. Instead of closing all the air holes at once, a staged airflow closure would make this better in my opinion.

So here are the PRO’s and CON’s:

Pro’s:

1.) Easy to build on. All the tools are there for you to use for the mesh shaping.

2.) The mesh installation was a breeze.

3.) Wicking once perfected, was easier the next go around.

4.) Color selections are a plenty for that matchy match look.

5.) The wicks maintain saturation if wicked and squonked properly. That is a major plus!

6.) When using Vandy Vape mesh this device is absolutely perfect and a no brainer to buy!

Con’s:

1.) The amount of cotton used in that thing is egregious.

2.) The wicking learning curve is steep and unforgiving if done wrong with the mesh that comes with the device.

3.) The screwdriver that comes with the device is crap in my opinion. There is a need for a thicker screwdriver for this device.

4.) Not really a con (unless you buy or are low on juices), this is a juice hog!

5.) The OFRF and the WOTOFO mesh is just meh in my opinion and way overhyped.

Would I recommend this to anyone? Yes, with the Vandy Vape Mesh installed this is just a no brainer and one of the best I have used for vapor and flavor production. This is a solid buy! (Only with the Vandy Vape Mesh installed!) As I said, with all the pro’s and con’s (the cons can be worked around) it truly is a solid performer. I enjoy this device on my BF 80W Pulse and it will stay in my daily rotation. If it goes into my daily rotation, it truly does say a lot.

This is my review of the WOTOFO Profile RDA and can be found at health cabin, with the link provided below. I included a link to the Vandy Vape mesh I used to make this device from okay to phenomenal:

https://www.healthcabin.net/wotofo-profile-rda-p/18616.html ($32.99)

https://www.healthcabin.net/vandyvape-ni80-mesh-wire-p/16232.html ($2.99) (When in Stock)

Remember when in the US look for it in the local warehouses section for better shipping costs. There is one in NJ (EASTERN) and one in CA (WESTERN) Really cuts down on shipping times and cost!

Remember to keep your wicks wet and your clouds thick!

Yours Truly,

Skully

15 Likes

Great review @Skullblade789. Love the mesh tips !!!

4 Likes

I agree with @SessionDrummer, the mesh info was awesome. :+1:

Great job!

5 Likes

Thank you all. I appreciate that very much.

4 Likes

So you like it then? I knew you would. Also is that pulse the Vandy chip or the unregulated? Just curious! Thanks for the great review!

3 Likes

Did you see the new glaz rta? It looks pretty awesome and I know you love your steam craves lol! I’m really interested in that tank. If you haven’t seen it check it out.

3 Likes

Great stuff!!! This whole mesh thing is starting to come together in my head… I think. Appreciate the comparisons of mesh material. Priceless!!!

4 Likes

Thanx for the review. Nice and informative.
I am currently using Vandy Vape’s SS mesh on mine. Trimming is similar but it looks like the SS mesh is narrower than the NI80. And nice thing about the SS mesh is it works beautifully paired with a DNA Drone in Replay mode. I can literally vape the wick bone-ass dry without a worry!

4 Likes

Which VV SS mesh do you prefer, 150, 200, 300 or 400?

3 Likes

Do not know who you are responding to so I will answer with my pref: Ni80 is my fave.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Now to answer the questions: Vandy chip: yes Non on the Glaz RTA and a pleasant hell to the no with the Steamcrave stuff. LOL.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Means a lot coming from you.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words!

2 Likes

Question was for anyone who uses SS, and thnx for the review. :+1:

3 Likes

I have not tied an mesh RDA looking forward to purchasing one .

3 Likes

It is a learning curve from regular coil vaping. Just so you know.

2 Likes

I have 200 grade.

5 Likes

Thanks for you review!

3 Likes

Most welcome!

4 Likes

I have 6 Profiles with a minimum of 4 always being used. SS 200 is my favorite and I did try 300 and 400. Here’s what I’ve found using these. It works better for me to trim the rayon from underneath. I learned this by over trimming the top too close to mesh. If I then oversaturated it using my squonks, then the rayon would pull away, collapse I guess you could call it, from the edge of the mesh. As some of you know, if even the slightest amount of that mesh loses contact, it’s pain time. By cutting from the bottom I’ve been able to avoid this problem.

One other thing I’ve learned is that not all juices are equal in my Profiles. I’ve got my ADVs which I truly vape for days on end. The "heavier’ ones such as the bakeries and custards are just phenomenal in the profile. However, my lighter fruit ones, such as a couple of berries with just some light creams, aren’t reaching that same level of awesomeness. I don’t know why as I’ve mucked about quite a bit trying to figure it out but without success. So, for some of my juices I use other tried and true RDA’s. When it’s working well, I believe the Profile is the best I’ve ever tried.

8 Likes