Wrap time for my batteries

Time to rewrap some of my batteries. All the 3000 mAh 18650’s get the red Vendetta wraps, the ijoy 20700’s (the good ones) get the skulls and my 40T 21700’s get a Polar Bear look. Have more 18650 wraps for the batteries actually in my mods at present too! Busy, busy lol.

Do you wrap all your batteries or leave them stock?

13 Likes

I personally feel a battery shouldnt be messed with unless it NEEDS to be rewrapped due to a tear or whatever…

10 Likes

I find with most I have the original wrap is very thin. I like to put a thicker wrap on to help prevent problems in the long run.

5 Likes

I’m wrapping periodically too, old mechanic mod habit.

5 Likes

I rewrap but only when needed (which can be often with stock wraps). I used to make custom wraps but with most mods being slide-in tube types, the fit can get really snug so I just use stock color wraps. Bummer. I like customizing.

7 Likes

Yep, was definitely a good idea with the mechs.

Agreed, I do one battery with a new wrap and check it on all my mods before I do the rest. Had no issues with the wraps I am using at present.

6 Likes

I reward batterys. Only when they need to be done.

6 Likes

I just buy new batteries if any of the casings are torn.

3 Likes

But then, if I had not been rewrapping I would not have found this on one of the batteries. Was under the insulator and not visible before I took the wrap off. Looks like juice that has seeped from an atty to me.

Your thoughts? Clean and keep or throw it out?

1 Like

Most off my batteries are 3 or 4 years old, heavily used, look like hell. I did buy a new set of 18650’s last xmas and those still look ok. Had some wraps but can’t find them :man_shrugging: So anyways after seeing this thread I just ordered 2 new sets of Samsung 25R’s and a bunch of wraps + insulators :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Change the insulator…If you don’t have an extra one make one

5 Likes

I would like to find the insulators. I have a hard time finding them.

2 Likes

I ordered some batteries and wraps from Liion, have purchased most of my cells through them and I also ordered 4 packs of insulators at 25 cents for pack of 5, their paper insulators and have never used them but 20 for a buck, it’s worth a try :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yeah, I just ordered some insulators here too from an Aussie site, they are proper insulators with adhesive on one side. 10 for $1.00 which seemed ok for what they are.

4 Likes

VAPR in Melb has them. Battery Insulator Rings | VAPR

4 Likes

Great info. Thanks. I will check it out.

3 Likes

Ill check them out. Thanks for the helpful info. Cheers

3 Likes

Well I got my order in, 2 sets of new Samsung 25R’s, Wraps and insulators. Surprisingly I also received a FREE GIFT, a cool LED flashlight that takes 18650, 20700, or 21700 cells. Not bad for a $15 order!

I got a few pairs of cells rewrapped today, and I was impressed with the the paper insulators, thought they would be thin / cheesy, but pretty heavy duty. Got so many cells now, I’m gonna donate a pair of 18650’s to a fellow vaper in need that I know. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good pick up mate. I know what you mean about the extra batteries, have around 25 x 18650’s myself…

3 Likes

Holy Moly, you need help bro :rofl:
Not even gonna ask to see your charging station! :crazy_face:

7 Likes