Wrong Amount of Nicotine Added, Should I Be Concerned?

Hi there! I crafted my first blood of vape juice, the flavoring was a premixed version. Unfortunately I put in the wrong Nicotine Juice amount into the calculator and didn’t notice until after I already made the bottle. I did notice the amounts changed. I put in the Nicotine Juice as 18 MG instead of 20 MG, should I be concerned, or toss the vape juice bottle just to be safe?

Here were my numbers I followed:
Nicotine Juice 18mg : 20ml
PG: 8 ml
VG: 20 ml

And here is what it should have been:
Nicotine Juice 20 mg: 18 ml
PG: 9 ml
VG: 21 ml

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

4 Likes

Don’t toss, if you added too much you can make a bigger bottle, too little add more, etc etc.

7 Likes

Your not too far off what you were trying to accomplish. Have you vaped any of the mix you consider a mistake? It might not be as big of a mistake as you think.

8 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion!

5 Likes

I haven’t vaped it yet, that is a very good point, I was just worried that I added too much nicotine and that I would poison myself or something if I tried to vape it lol

It’s my first time trying a diy kit so I’m a bit nervous

7 Likes

You added less nic than your goal. You didn’t state if you are using salts or base (PG or VG). With regular nicotine I don’t go over 18mg/ml. It starts to get too harsh to vape.
Depends also on the equipment your vaping on. Low power pods, stick to 18mg/ml to start it’s the approximate of 20 cigarettes give or take. Higher power mods with RTAs, RDA, or commercial coils that 18mg/ml can be reduced to around 6mg/ml because of efficiency.
Welcome to ELR and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Souppie. Good thing you caught the error beforehand. As the other guys have said you’re in the ballpark, so no harm no foul.

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I’m using a Geekvape Aegis Legend Mod, I used a base that had 50/50 VG/PG and my aim was 6mg as that is the strength I usually vape at with premixed liquids at 43.0watts.

3 Likes

Just make sure those are salts, because 20mg freebase will make you cough your bag off

3 Likes

Good to know, cause it wasn’t salt lol

2 Likes

It’s ok soupie, just thought I would say something before you coughed so hard you’d poopy

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re doing great. 20mg/ml of nic should give you quite the nic buzz. Always better to have less nic in the mix and vape more than have a mix with too much nic in it.

4 Likes

@Souppie you said you’re brand new to DIY, and I can see you are mixing by volume, i.e. ml. Have you ever tried to mix by weight, i.e. grams ?? How large of a bottle was your mix for ?

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Welcome @Souppie

18mg/ml × 20ml of nicotine = 360mg nicotine

20ml Nic + 8ml pg + 20ml vg = 48 ml total juice

360 mg nic ÷ 48ml = 7.5mg/ml nicotine

Total Nicotine strength is 7.5mg vape juice.

2 Likes

If I read this right you got a total of 48 ml of juice
With two nic shots of 20 mlg nic
How much flavour have you put in ?
The nic shots will make 120 of juice @ 6 mlg I’d check those figures before you have a :boom: blast

3 Likes