WTT IJOY Limitless RDTA Plus ( UK )

Got a IJOY Limitless RDTA Plus in black, perfect condition only used for like an hour total ,tried a couple different builds in it but not feeling it .

Loving the Dotmod v2 at the moment so would like to trade for a restricted lung/ flavour rdta…Sigelei Moonshot ect ect …??

May be up for swapping for some flavours or diy equipment if no one has a small flavour rdta they want to part with :slight_smile:

Before you get rid of it, please confer with @SunnyT and see if she has any suggestions…
She can crank flavors out of air…like Nikola Tesla…
I trust her with my heart. If she can make it work, she can show you how to love it…
If she says it’s junk, it’s junk.
But connect with her first.

3 Likes

Hello @anon88729607 …what exactly is it that you do not like about the Limitless RDTA? I can’t help but notice that you want to trade for a [quote=“r5ta, post:1, topic:82212”]
restricted lung/ flavour rdta
[/quote]

I’m not really sure what the airflow on the Limitless is like when it is almost closed off, but I keep mine about half open and it still seems very airy to me at that point. So if you just feel like there is too much airflow on it then I can’t help you with that, but if you need a preferred build or wicking method…I got you covered! I absolutely love my Limitless RDTA’s, they have excellent flavor IMO, but I think that also depends on what wire/build you choose to put on it.

2 Likes

Could you tell me what build you put on it? I think it was @JoJo who wasn’t blown away by the flavour either.
I haven’t used mine yet but it would be nice to know what works best before I do.

3 Likes

That would be me. Or at least I am one that isn’t blown away by flavor. It’s a fun tank, it’s pretty, easy to fill, well machined, but it just doesn’t work as well for me. I’ve got 26g Ti coils and hemp in it right now, which are a lot better than the clapton coils that came with it. I want to try a SS build at some point but this one is still on the newer side of its lifespan. :wink:

3 Likes

Mine has been lying on the table, still in the box, for at least three weeks. A clear sign I have enough or probably too much gear! :blush: It is high time to join Vapers Anonymous.

2 Likes

I found that slightly spaced claptons work amazing. With claptons I usually run 26/32ss wire 6-7 wraps on 2.4mm.

3 Likes

Motion seconded and confirmed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Right now I have a dual fused clapton Ti build in it…two 28 gauge core wire wrapped in 32 gauge…however, if I use a regular coil build, I always like to use 22 or 24 gauge Ti…like @Pro_Vapes deep water build…the fused claptons that I have in it now are a .10 ohm build

edit: I lied, I have regular Ti claptons, not fused, 26/32 spaced 5 wraps on a 2.5 ID at .10 ohms

2 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn @JoJo

I only use Ti because I have never really tried anything else…when I started building was when everyone on here started the hype about titanium so it is what I use…I have played a little with some SS but I really need to buy some different gauges and really get into it to see what it’s all about but I think it has really good flavor too.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will play around with it (eventually). I’ve got TI, SS, Nichrome and Kanthal in various gauges and SS clapton 26/30, there must be something that works :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That clapton should work wonders! have it slightly spaced around 2.5mm and you should be in flavor heaven.

3 Likes

That is the best I have found so far for the Limitless, although I am going to try a fused clapton and see if it gets any better!

2 Likes

Fused clapton is good, I couldn’t tell a difference flavor wise over a regular clapton though… I am currently trying the DeepWater build with SS and it is really nice, but now I want to build claptons that are 22/32ss and see how that turns out…

1 Like

yeah sounds good…I would like to try that myself, but I have to wait until my vudget allows for me to get some more 22 and 32 gauge wire because I am out of both :neutral_face:

Ah i feel you there, i have around 60ft left off 22, close to 80ft of 24, and a whopping ~30ft of 32… Hahaha, I might still have 20 or so ft of twisted 26g. I found twisted can give close to clapton if you are in a pinch.

It just never blew me away with any of the builds id run in my Griffin or in my RDA’s . Tried closing the air flow down , moving the coils up in the deck / lower / towards the airflow and closer to the posts .

It’s not a bad tank, and I can get an ok vape from it but doesn’t put a smile on my face like my griffin & billow v3. [quote=“Dan_ltz, post:7, topic:82212, full:true”]
I found that slightly spaced claptons work amazing. With claptons I usually run 26/32ss wire 6-7 wraps on 2.4mm.
[/quote] Got this build in 3 devices at the minute with a 3mm id and its working amazing

1 Like

Well then, it sounds like you have tried everything to make it work for you and if it does not accomplish the above, then I guess this one is a wash for you. We all know that every aspect of vaping from hardware to flavors is subjective!

1 Like

Try cleaning the top cap where the drip tip is, at first it worked great then seemed muted. Once I cleaned that it was great again.

Admittedly, I have been struggling to get good flavor from the tank without using claptons. 22g SS is good, but it just isn’t there for me.

This. Everyone seems to swear by the avacado, but I could never get it to work for me.

1 Like

Thank you for all the responses tho!! ELR has an awesome community that’s always there to help :thumbsup:

2 Likes