XOLO ~ Low Profile All-In-One Vape Pod?

Definitely not for me, but, crowd sourcing may make it happen soon.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/xolo-beautifully-simple-high-performance-vaping#/story

I’d go broke on the replacement pods!

1 Like

Boooo, hiss, hiss, Boooooo!

2 Likes

neat but I’m a DIY guy w anything an all things

2 Likes

Hi guys - Just noticed this thread. I’m involved with XOLO, so let me know if there’s any questions I can help with. Given the nature of the forum, I’d say XOLO probably isn’t the device you’ve been looking for.

Basically what we’ve tried to do is combine the best mass market components (high quality authentic battery and atomiser) in an easy to use device. We love vaping, but feel that many people don’t experience a decent vape as they don’t have the time or inclination to turn vaping into a hobby. So they stick with analogues, cigalikes of maybe a poor ego setup. What we really hope we can do with XOLO is help them get into vaping and stop smoking.

So while XOLO probably isn’t the product for you, maybe you know someone who it would be good for.

1 Like

I would love to try it and as always promote any product that gets people off the stinkys!!! feel free to send me one I’d like to find something for my wife to use with less effort… she spends the summer away from me @ the beach and I’m always hearing how her setup is messed up this looks effortless for her please consider sending one my way and I’ll do an honest and fair review?

We actually only have one prototype. The Indiegogo campaign is to fund the manufacture - it’s very expensive to make something like this.

Basically the performance is the same as an Aspire Nautilus BVC. So if you like this, you’ll like XOLO. Key difference is that you’ve got a small light device with a big battery (for this kind of setup) and a pod that holds 10ml and can be switched at anytime. So easy to change flavours when you want (not cleaning out tanks etc.) and enough capacity on battery and tank that you’re not likely to run out.

The prototype is actually off with Mark Todd (Todd’s Reviews) to get his thoughts.

1 Like

Interested to know if the 10ml pod is in place to comply with future regulations in some countries?

The TPD is still a bit ambiguous. We’ve discussed compliance a lot when we were developing the spec for the device, and taken quite of a bit of advice, and believe it should be compliant.

It’s probably going to sell, however, it’d sell a lot better if folks could refill the tank themselves (DIY juice folks) and have consumer replaceable atomizer heads or a rebuildable atomizer head option. Just sayins all…make it for the masses.

1 Like

My 2c FWIW. I’d think price would be a consideration, also. I don’t know about anyone else, but a big part of the reason I’m into DIY is because it is so much cheaper. I love the hobby, but I would probably do less of it and enjoy it more if I had the money to buy whatever I wanted and didn’t feel like I HAD to do it to keep vaping. How much are the pods going to cost? Comparable to a pack of coils? With something like a Protank or a Nautilus (for the people who don’t want to wrap coils, ie your market), you’re keeping the tank and just replacing coils and refilling. If the device costs $130+ and each pod is going to cost me, say, $10, but I can only use it once…there’s no way I’d be able to afford that. 10ml of juice would only last me a couple days. (EDIT: Just noticed the pods are $15! Using this would cost as much or more than a PAD. In my protank, I go through about 4-5ml a day.)

I guess if your market is the vapers with tons of disposable income and want a quick, easy, all-in-one solution, you’ve nailed it. I could see celebrities and rock stars using these. But the average Joe? I don’t know. A big selling point of vaping is that it’s less expensive than smoking (at least until taxing becomes a thing and for people who don’t buy a million tanks and RBAs :stuck_out_tongue:).

2 Likes

Exactly, all that, what she said, like that there!

@JoJo, FYI the pods cost $15 a piece. Looks like this thing will have the same carbon footprint as a Keurig coffee maker. Soon the landfills will be brimming with disposable ejuice pods, just as they are with disposable Keurig refill coffee and tea pods.

Make the pods refillable XOLO! And make the atomizers replaceable as well.

3 Likes

you guys r dead on it seams it needs a few more tweaks before it’s gonna go for real its a decent start…

1 Like

Wait, they’re $15 for 2ml of juice? The liquid itself is like $0.08 - then of course there’s materials, but that is pretty insane.

2 Likes

hopefully they take our comments seriously and this could be something… it’s still a prototype from what I’m hearing?

1 Like

1 Like

It’s 10ml, but still that’s only at most $0.75 plus the tank and coil. Big markup.

2 Likes

Ah, but if it’s 10ml then it’s not going to be legal according to the EU TPD.

1 Like

Are the laws in stone at the present time?

1 Like

The EU directive is in place, and the member countries have to implement it as law, before some time next year, I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the comments. There’s a few things here. I would say that market we’re trying to attract are smokers and people using cigalikes, and give them a good hassle free experience. I think it’s disappointing, but cigalikes are still the dominant form of vaping. We felt that cigalikes were very easy to use/convenient but low performance (and likely to still smoke) and better setups perform well but have varying levels of complexity. So we wanted to bring the higher performance without any hassle. The hassle being refilling, change coils, cleaning tanks etc.

I think if you’re on a eliquid forum or even just reading about vaping online, you’re probably competent at using the devices on the market and probably happy doing this. Like you said, if you mix your own liquids you can vape at a very low cost. But if you look at the cost of using cigalikes, they’re actually very expensive (let’s not even comment on the performance of them). You’re getting a disposable cartridge with 0.5-1ml of liquid that will probably last a day and then you throw this out.

We definitely don’t want to be like the Keurig pods. Actually I think the XOLO pods could be more environmentally friendly! Though this is based on a couple of assumptions. Firstly, regulation is coming to Europe that is likely to limit the size of liquid bottles to 10ml. So when this happens you’ll be buying a heap of 10m bottles and pouring them into small tanks and throwing away the bottles. Instead of this we’ve tried to remove one level of packaging - basically by having a bottle with a coil in it.

In terms of the actual cost of the pods. The initial pricing we’ve done is basically based on the UK and we do need to investigate pricing more thoroughly in different markets. How we arrived at the price is that 10ml of liquid is maybe £5-7, the atomiser is £2-3, we deliver for free, so felt that around the £10 was pretty fair. The pods are also tricky (i.e. expensive) to produce. I think if you’re a vape enthusiast building your own coils etc. and buying liquids in bulk, and you’re happy doing this, XOLO probably isn’t for you. But there are a lot of people out there buying cigalikes at £8 for about 2ml of liquid, getting a rubbish vape, still smoking and we hope this will help them move into the vaping family and stop them smoking.

One of the things that I find interesting from discussions like this is that although XOLO clearly isn’t targeted at the DIY liquid market, it makes me wonder whether we should be offering different variations of XOLO (e.g. refillable pods) to appeal to different markets or maintain the current focus on trying to get people to move from cigalikes and cigarettes to a simple product like XOLO.

2 Likes