Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus vs Opus BT-C3100 thoughts

German websites have a similar thing… I pass those checks by using the contact form and start a conversation with the business owners. They will ask for other ways of proving your age and they’ll help create your account.

In this case, the process may be longer than the sale is going for so I don’t know if it’s worth the trouble…

2 Likes

What charger would you recommend that also takes 2100 batteries?

2 Likes

@KC111 Opus, ALL day long !!!

1 Like

When I looked on ebay, there were NO mention of 21700 batteries. OPUS BT-C3100 V2.2 Universal Four Slots Smart Rechargeable Battery Charger AEU | eBay?

1 Like

That’s what I use for my 21700s. Pardon the dust :smiley:

3 Likes

You and @SessionDrummer have just now confirmed that it does take 21700 batteries, so thank you for that. Does the cooling fan give you any issues? The reviews complains about that a lot.

5 Likes

All day long @KC111.

5 Likes

From time to time it makes a little noise, but no big deal. I ordered a pair of replacement fans, but never replaced LOL. I like to see how many mah’s each cell takes after each charge.

4 Likes

The first one (probably 5 years ago) I had had a loud squealing fan but I believe the later versions fixed that. One of the Chinese sites used to have a direct replacement fan.

I have two v2.2s and they are quite.

6 Likes

Reading the reviews now, one buyer talked about applying machinery oil to the sleeve bearing to quieten it. Looks like I will buy 2 of them and I hope you don’t mind me asking you which modes you selected when I get them.

4 Likes

Yeah, that screaming would drive the hubby and the dogs bonkers, lol.

3 Likes

@KC111 I just charge the batts. I don’t like heating batteries up, so NO fast charging, as that weakens them, shortens their life. I charge all at 500 mah rate.

5 Likes

Bless you SD Super Derek.

2 Likes

500 mah is the default rate, you just plop them in, and they charge. Done.

4 Likes

I will also take note about what a buyer said regarding machinery oil.

4 Likes

I blow out the fan with compressed air about once a month. It occasionally makes a little noise, but it is not loud. Been using it for about 2 years and am pleased with it.

5 Likes

Thank you! This is such valuable info that I wouldn’t have considered before. Kind of like when @Pastorfuzz warned me to shake vigorously the nicotine liquid BEFORE I decant them into glass bottles, LOL.

5 Likes

I have both and love them both. The plus to the opus is you can configure individual slots for different functions i.e. charging, refresh, discharge etc. The Dragon does a great job of refreshing and charging, but its all or nothing as far as the slots are concerned.
You can’t refresh two batteries while charging the other two at the same time. The usb charging port is very handy on the Dragon as well for charging phones or mods with built in batteries.
I use the Dragon more mainly because I’ve changed the cooling fan twice in 5 years. I know there are a lot of complaints about the fans and in my case, they’re right. If it wasn’t for the fan issue, it would be my main charger.

6 Likes

That’s what I like about the two XTAR chargers that I have, they never get hot even with all of the bays full including the eight bay charger. I have heard that Nitecore chargers get really hot which was what put me off from buying one of theirs in the first place.

4 Likes

My first was a Nitecore and yeah it got toasty. Never had a problem with heat on the Dragon charger, but the bats got a wee bit warm if using all four bays at once. Nothing alarming. The Opus has been pretty cool throughout as long as the fan was doing it’s job.

5 Likes