YouTube Is Cracking Down

Just found out last night that one of the reviewers I’ve watched forever was shut down until 2/12 Vaping with Vic. Fagan’s channel is on some last warning. Looks like the purge going on for vaping over there :frowning:

4 Likes

Not sure what’s going on. His office was broken into the 17th. They took everything that wasn’t nailed down.

3 Likes

They broke into his office again ??? I Thought that happened last year as well

3 Likes

So YouTube is banning vape videos? What about the countries where there’s no legal problem? Why is YouTube full of weed growing videos which is illegal in many parts of the world? American laws for everyone?

4 Likes

Who’s office are we talking about?

2 Likes

I very much dislike YouTube policies. They demonetize and shut down channels all the time. Not just vaping. Whatever doesn’t fit in with there political views. Like Gun videos and video’s that show police abusing their power and many more.

If I knew of a platform that was similar but had more freedom, I would jump ship in a heart beat.

4 Likes

I didn’t even know that had happened.

https://vapouround.co.uk/online-vape-community-lends-a-hand-to-vaping-with-vic-after-break-in/

2 Likes

Dan I have no idea if vapetube will help people on that front but I know it’s there?

4 Likes

I have a great respect for Vic because he was one of my heroes when I first started vaping. We aren’t friends or such but I listened to what he said because he knew so much more than I did. I think it’s disgusting what they are doing.

4 Likes

I’ll have to go listen to find out whats going on. I could never listen because his accent was difficult for me to understand.

3 Likes

When I first started vaping most of my friends in this were in the UK I was watching VapeTV which sadly stopped. I kind of love their accents because I associate it with my beginning.

3 Likes

@Dan_the_Man, @authormichellehughes , @fidalgo_vapes I think I’m up to speed on the 2nd breakin at Vic’s, whatta pain in the ass. I knew “generically” that YT was changing some rules, but could anyone elaborate on what they’re “cracking down” on ??

3 Likes

All I have is rumors Session. From those I heard it had something to do with monetary compensation/advertising and I honestly don’t really understand. I don’t have a compensated channel and it’s my understanding you have to have a set number of subscribers to get that?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks so much for this information!!!

2 Likes

I found this as well which explains why we are seeing what we are seeing I think https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278?hl=en

2 Likes

Imo it relates to their Tobacco Policy…Since the FDA says Vaping is Tobacco related YT is going after some of the Reviewers…last year they stopped allowing reviewers to put links of products etc…its just them trying to censor something they dont like…

4 Likes

So there was a Second break in ??? Wow and at the same time as the last one

2 Likes

I don’t much care for Smethi G, either. His rhymes are arguably vulgar, yet pedestrian.

3 Likes

Me neither. I would have pitched in.

2 Likes