ZERO Nicotine

It actually taste better without the nicotine but when I go with no nicotine, I vape all day. I vape at less than 1mg now. That keeps it under control, a little.

4 Likes

I donā€™t really want to debate, but Iā€™m just curious as to why vapors in general vape 0 nic. And what is the long term goal of those that donā€™t use nic anymore.

3 Likes

I have been at 0mg for almost a year myself. When I began vaping, I was at 12mg then 10, 6, 3 etc. Personally I didnā€™t want to be dependant on nicotine anymore. Going from 3mg to 0mg was actually a smooth transition for me. I enjoy vaping still. Yes, personally I donā€™t vape as much as before. However I do still vape. I donā€™t feel frustrated or nervous leaving my house without a mod. The flavors and killer recipes are what I enjoy. Plus the tinkering with mods and coil builds keeps me sane (ish).

10 Likes

One of the aspects of addiction to smoking is the action itself. That is why vaping has been sucsesful for so many that could not quit with any other nicotine replacement therapy. Myself included. I switch between 0mg and 1.5mg but may someday eliminate nic altogether. I enjoy the act of vaping. I find the feeling of the inhaling and exhaling of vapor to be relaxing.

7 Likes

Very cool answers, and thank you for replying.

The main goal of course is to remain smoke free. And I get the hand to mouth aspect of it and understand the wonderful flavors we vape. Iā€™m at 3mg nic now but considering going lower. Not sure if I will ever completely cut out nic but would like to. I would want that same feeling that @MisterSinner has of going out without a mod and zero anxiety

Another goal for me would be to get others to quit smoking and start vaping. This is another positive of continuing to vape even after 0 nic for long periods of time. You are still advertising that there is a way to break free from smoking and nic all together.

9 Likes

Perfect. Yes, as @louiesquared mentioned, the feeling and act of inhaling the vapor is relaxing for me as well. I honestly was worried (weird) that by going to 0mg I would not WANT to keep vapingā€¦but with all the gear I have boughtā€¦thatā€™s not allowed lol.

10 Likes

Ditto. Iā€™m working my way to zero, I started vaping at 12mg about a year and a half ago and am down to 2mg now. But I know Iā€™ll still have times when Iā€™ll want that nicotine option so Iā€™ll most likely still have something with nicotine available for when that happens. Kind of like a person who only smokes when they drink or after sex or whatever.

8 Likes

Same here :+1:

Iā€™m down to 1mg after starting at 12mg. Iā€™d also like to lose the dependency to nic so this is very good to hear :smiley:

7 Likes

Iā€™m considering also what @Fozzy71 had to say about 0 nic at nighttime. Normally I do a majority of my vaping when relaxed in front of the TV or on here pestering everyone. By the time I go to bed Iā€™m still wired for sound and sometimes have trouble falling to sleep. Iā€™ve learned not to keep a vape at the bedside but if I donā€™t fall asleep right away I find myself getting up and go finding a vape.

6 Likes

I use between 2 and 3 and never take my mod anywhere. No problem whatsoever, I can go without easy peasy :relaxed:

5 Likes

Keep a bucket of water beside the bed if you smoke after sex :grin:

6 Likes

I still vape at 0mg for many reasons. I enjoy/enjoyed smoking and vaping, I just didnā€™t like the health issues and nasty smell of smoking. After 30 years of smoking, the actions of having something in my hands, and inhaling and exhaling are an addiction itself. Although I can leave my vape at home or go hours without it, I still want it.

Just like a heroin addict that gets addicted to the needle and actual actions and process shooting up and not just the high, I am addicted to the motions, having it in my hands, and soothing actions of inhale/exhale.

And, everyone has to have a hobby :wink:

9 Likes

Thank you Mystic! Iā€™m not sure if I consider what I do as a hobby, more like an obsession! :laughing:

7 Likes

From my experience even fruit blends which can stay clear a very very long time, like a year or more but will eventually turn yellow or pink. The fact that the colour is not amber or gold as is with heavily steeped dessert flavors suggests to me that it is not simply oxidization of the nicā€¦

1 Like

I recently went zero nic for around 5 days drove myself crazy had a couple fusses along the way. I kept checking after quitting and nicotine is a hassle to get completely out of your system it can take up to 3 - 4 weeks before you completely are clear of it via urine. There are test strips on Amazon pretty cheap around 12$.

Anyhow I am back on it at 3 mg but I think what I will do is drop to 1mg for the sake of sanity. I was going nic free for a job but ended up taking another job instead and swiftly went back to nicotine.

As for the debate and if no nic batches steep. In my experience they do I blend all my batches nic free steep them for a month - 3 months even longer sometimes and add the nic when Iā€™m ready to vape them. I agree the color is not the same it does not turn amber or gold they turn slight pale pink or yellow and the taste is really what I go by instead of color yes I do look at color somewhat but length of time is a key indicator for me as well considering I mix max Vg I consider this a big contributor to extended lengths of time.

6 Likes

Thank you for that Amy, I think I may try the 1 mg also as I thing I will find myself in the same situation during the day :wink:

1 Like

Try using a few drops of MTS Vape Wizard (FA), Just a suggestion.

Health reasons, I may keep a few batches with 3mg just for the times when I need do de-stress. I am going to try putting some MTS Vape Wizard in my 0mg batches to see if it enhances the flavor a bit. I also use Erythritol Liquid Sweetener that makes a major difference in flavor. I just love that sweetener.

MTS Vape Wizard ( I will use at .15% in all my batches) Recomended 1 drop per 30 ml
http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavourart-usa/flavourart-tobacco/mts-vape-wizard-by-flavourart.html

Erythritol Liquid Sweetener ( I use at 2% in all my batches)
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/e-liquid-additives/liquid-concentrates/erythritol-liquid-concentrate.html

1 Like

Looks clear without nic but tastes great and I made it on 3-23-17 strawberry cheesecake.

New York Cheesecake CAP 6%
Sweet Cream CAP 1%
Sweet Strawberry CAP 2%
Strawberry Ripe TFA 3%
Graham Cracker Clear TFA 1.5%
Erythritol Liquid Concentrate 2%

3 Likes

I use 2mg of nic in most of my mixes. I have made a few without it and they still taste great. I just want to add I have researched nicotine online and watched a lot of youtube on this subject and I would like everyone to look up ā€œthe health benefits of nicotineā€ This stuff in its pure form reduces your weight, increases dopamine levels, creates more blood vessels, anti depressant, helps with learning, makes you more alertā€¦etc. look it up. At 2mg, hmm, thatā€™s not a lot. why not have another ejuice available of same flavour when you just want to vape. I have quit smoking for 3 months only and I never really vaped all day today maybe 4 puffs on AIO is all. I was busy putting up curtains, shopping and was busy. I never felt like I needed to vape period. I noticed this. Its not like smoking, we were never addicted to nicotine but something of the 7000 chemicals they added to our cigs.
Please watch vids or read online about the benefits of Nicotineā€¦Its what they donā€™t want us to know. A little research and maybe a little discussion here would be wonderfull.