ZERO Nicotine

Has anyone had any luck with taste on a ZERO Nicotine eliquid?

I still want to vape but don’t want the Nicotine any longer.

4 Likes

I think there’s a good handful of people here who mix without any nicotine. You’ll be in good company. :wink:

4 Likes

Have been Vaping 15 months and started at 24mg.
Been mixing now 12 months and as of last month we are down to 2mg. The only difference is changing from 100mg PG, to 100mg VG. Smoother and obviously less throat hit, but notice no difference in flavor at all.

1 Like

I have debated with many on here about this. I have test results that show over and over again that Zero E juice does not “steep” in thr same way Nic E juices does. The milliard reaction does not occur or if it does it is very very very slow. The difference is more noticable with dessert flavors and heavy cream flavors. The Zeros stay clear to pale yellow while the nic desserts turn gold to amber. Many disagree but i have test results lol i have questioned why and speculation seems to be thatthe alkalinity of the nic actinh as a catalyst for the “steeping”. I am researching an alkaline additive so that i too can drop to Zero.

4 Likes

I won’t miss the throat hit that is for sure. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, good to hear :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for that info.

Out of curiosity. If you are going to continue to vape why are you cutting out the nicotine?

I vape at 2mg and was vaping 0mg at night to help me sleep better last fall. I got out of the habit over the winter and my sleep has suffered so I broke out the small bottle of 0mg ry4 double I had left from last September the other day and have slept a full 8 hours each night since so yesterday I mixed up 100ml of 10% RJ4 (OSDIY) with 0.5% AP to ‘steep’. I agree the non-nic juice doesn’t turn as dark of a color like the same RY4 flavor with nic would but I still get good flavor. Not sure if I will ever go below 2mg (let alone 0mg) for during the day vaping but 0mg after 6pm will probably become the norm again.

2 Likes

To me, that is understandable. Nicotine is a stimulant like caffeine. I wouldn’t drink a cup of coffee at 6PM. But him still going to have a cup at 5AM every day.

1 Like

I miss my coffee. I gave it up for the sake of my teeth and dental hygienist. Green tea and Uptime energy drinks (or their pills) are the only way I take caffeine these days.

1 Like

What kind of test results? I don’t have a lab or anything…but I’ve mixed testers with zero nic before and the flavors seemed to develop just as quickly as they do with nicotine. Is it just the color of the juice or…?

3 Likes
1 Like

My results differ. I find flavors truer as the nicotine levels are reduced. I often like to vape zero nic late in the evening as there is no stimulant to keep me awake and the flavor is better. I still get the other habit triggers, deep inhaling, slow exhale, something to fiddle with in my hands, etc. The absence of the throat irritation can also be nice sometimes although sometimes I crave it.

5 Likes

When Clutch first started their line of e-liquids, a friend of mine gave me a bottle of 6MG Nic/Ringer by Clutch because he didn’t like it. Not really into commercial liquids even at that time I still gave it a try. I was surprised as it was a clean tasting and rather smooth cotton candy flavor. Later on, I got a hankering for it and stopped at a Mad vapes and bought one that was zero nicotine because that was all they had in stock at the time. So I went home and added nic to it and it was even tastier. After that experience, I decided to add nic to my liquids only when I was ready to use them. Some mixers say it makes no difference to them but for me, there is a real difference. Just like anything with DIY e-liquids and subjective tastes, same goes for nicotine for when it is or isn’t present.

3 Likes

I agree VapeyMama on the flavor. I made up some strawberry cheesecake with zero nic 4 days ago and the flavor is spot on already. Yes the color is not as dark as it would be with the 3mg of nic but… I am happy with the flavor. I don’t need the nic any longer and color makes no difference to me. .

4 Likes

I tested zero nic vs 2mg RF VC at 2% by week 4 the color and flavor of the zero had not changed. The 2mg had become gold and the creamyness and flavour of the custard had developed and improved. Off gasing of volatiles and alcohol may occur which can be percieved as to have “steeped” in the 0mg but an actual milliard reaction seems to not occur.

The never ending debate continues. I have been vaping 0mg nic for over 3 years. The color does change over time, just not as drastically as there is no nicotine oxydising.

The flavor does get better in 4 weeks vs 2 days, and custards and bakeries even more time. Call it what you will or won’t, but that is my personal experience. But it is as subjective as taste. There will always be differences of opinions.

6 Likes

I toyed with zero nic, but it seemed like the flavor wasn’t the same on some, so I’ve been mixing juices at 1mg since then. At that time, most of my mixes had some kind of custard or cream in them, so maybe that is the difference. I still have 11 zero nic juices steeping that would normally have been ready a month ago. It’ll probably be another month before I try them. Since I’ve recently gotten into fruit flavors, other than strawberry and blueberry, I might try mixing those at zero nic.

1 Like

Interesting. So what about flavors that don’t change color with nic? If there’s no maillard reaction do you still consider it to be steeped? Just curious. I feel like the maillard reaction is a completely different thing than steeping. While I’m not going to suggest that nicotine can’t/doesn’t add another layer of flavor (good or bad), I don’t think it’s what steeps the juice. The flavors will blend (steep) into the carrier regardless of whether or not there is nicotine. So nicotine might change the flavor a bit or maybe even a lot, but without it there will still be every flavor there, just not that layer from the nic. Having said all of that, I haven’t done a formal test. But I’m going to now because I want to know for myself! Obviously it’s a personal preference thing.

6 Likes