24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

I’m beginning to favor the Boreas over any of my other tanks right now. My only complaint with it is it has way too many parts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldnt say overrated. I think, as a personal belief, these are really just ended up being clouds blow clouds tanks…and not flavor tanks.

I do think the borres is the same as the aromamizer…but better manages air flow giving it a slight up tick in flavor.

All in all I don’t think I’ll buy any more of these tanks. I think they will really just end up being an “8” on flav and I need a 9-9.5.

I really think the kayfun v5 is going to be my next purchase (ugh. Price though).

Then again I have my new wires coming in. 5 different kinds of ss316. Weaved, Clapton, fused Clapton, and so on. Right now I rock a Kanthol fused Clapton and my aromamizer…but I hope one of the above is ss with push that flavor up…since for these tanks it’s all about the build and wicking to get the best flavor.

1 Like

I do mean over rated, because I’ve seen people almost wet themselves over it, but only in one particular place. I’ve seen others say it’s very ‘meh’ - bit like the Aromamizer. So someone is over rating …

I have the Griffin25 and the Boreas and I prefer the Griffin25, for me it’s easier to build and taste is similar. As for liquid capacity I have never filled either of them to the top, I agree with Uncaged about less juice and changing flavors.

As of this time I’m enjoying my TFV4 Micro with 2.5ml tank and RBA head. Yes I know it’s not a 24mm or 25mm but it works for my style of vaping.

3 Likes

I can very much respect your opinion. You own both tanks and the Grif works better for you.

I’m a little at odds when someone make negative comments about a tank they don’t own.

I speak from my experiences with tanks I own and how they worked for me. Anything beyond that is not for me to comment, because someone else may consider it to be the best thing ever. Who am I to say it’s not.

7 Likes

Sooner or later I’m gona figure out how to wick it so it works great for me too. And if you have a pic of how you lay the cotton in there it would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I rewicked mine this morning. On my next wicking I will post how I do it.

2 Likes

That would be great! Thank’s

1 Like

Get the number one tank from eBay for $23.99 free shipping (from California)

3 Likes

I am guesing wicking is close to the aromamizer. Me personally I do a dual coil, Clapton, horizontal (most say vertical but the juice didn’t wick fast enough for me). I do is pima cotton…which I do like…but may not be as forgiving compared to standard pad/Japanese cotton.

The wick is pretty snug. The ends basically just dangle over the juice holes at the bottom. By the time they expand and soak up the juice they are pretty full.

I watched a video last night on the bores. Looking for an honest review. They guy had the wicks laying pretty flat on the bottom. But he didn’t do a chain vape test…and he didn’t state his pg/vg ratio.

3 Likes

Exactly ! Beware of anyone that tells you something is the best because they bought it or the worst because they bought something different.
@Cloyce , I love hearing the thoughts from the ones like yourself that own them.Your honest opinion helps others tremendously.I also appreciate the fact that you and @Pro_Vapes can disagree about what you feel is the best product but do it in a respectful manner.Like the reviewer stated they are all good tanks the trick is finding what works best for you.
I have no respect for anyone trying to belittle others for liking something that they don’t.

8 Likes

When it comes to tanks, mods and wire (well everything) from Pro_Vapes his opinion means alot to me. He got me on the Crown band wagon months ago and I take his advice to heart.

4 Likes

I don’t own all of these from the video but my favorite to least favorite,

BOREAS,
Best flavor, highest wattage Vape of any tank I own. Still great flavor at low watts also. Least messy top fill. Easiest build.

MOON SHOT
Flavor up there with BOREAS, easiest top fill, zero leak top fill. Build tough, easy wicking.

Billow V3
Easy build, easy wick, looks good, flavors good, hate drip tip. Top fill good but messy if not maintained. Lower wattage better results.

Griffin
Taste is good, build easy, wicking easy, I never had leaking issues like other people.

After watching this video I’m definitely going to purchase more tanks before August 8. Need backups for my backup backups.

6 Likes

Yup. I agree. And trust a lot of the other regular post’ers as well…especially after reading their past 100 posts.

Especially after the segelie 213w problem. Every review was good on that device until recent. I watch 15 reviews from pretty popular YouTube channels. None of which said the tc mode was crap. Now I take those reviews with a gain of salt and call them first look…does it turn on, does it look good, does the blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Is that a hint at me I wonder? :smiley: [thought it was, not so sure] I didn’t say anything negative though, just going on what I hear. I am pretty damn trust worthy myself when it comes to suggestions. I do admit I have not tried the Boreas, having that huge capacity alone is almost a con to me. I’m sure it does the job fine, like all of them

I go by what people who used it say about it. It’s a very mixed bag, so either someone is over rating it, or others are under-rating it, simples.

I think the Heathen is correct when he says people tend to over rate stuff because they bought it tbh. Also going by what someone else says positively, is just the same as going by other’s you trust who have negatives to say. No difference. And I’ve been told it’s nothing amazing by trustworthy long term vapers. It’s just a tank end of the day,

I endorse this message with girlish glee…

BEST
TANK
EVER!

Seriously though… I love mine (I have the G2 version)… great flavor, big tank, very easy to build.

2 Likes

What tank isn’t easy to build on nowadays? Most of them have the Velocity deck. It’s a good time for nervous builders - I didn’t get into coil building for years, because when I first tried it was fiddly/messy/silica wick and crappy wore and crappier atty’s. Only recently decided to have a nother go. It’s so easy now, huge decks, dual hole posts, better range and quality of wire, better tools … I can throw together a decent dual coil set up in a couple of minutes. And I’m a complete noob

I say this when a person pass judgement on anything they haven’t experienced. It makes me wonder where it’s coming from. Kinda reminds me of the Downgrading Schmuck Alert.

3 Likes

Just told you though, I have been told by people who have it, whom I trust. Is it any different than trusting your positives on it? No, it’s not. So you’re just being silly now tbh. It’s nothing at all like the downvoting thing, not even in the slightest. We’re talking about a bloody tank, get a grip :smiley:

You think perhaps they could all be telling the truth? Maybe… just maybe could it be that one tank will not be the best for everyone?

2 Likes