24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

But which ones? The ones who hail it, or the ones who say ‘meh’? of course it’s possible that both sides are being truthful. I said earlier, nothing is perfect. Don’t really like these little sly digs earlier just because I say it’s not for me and I’ll trust the ones I know. They’ve not led me wrong yet. End of the day, it’s a tank! it’s not like anyone here designed or had shares in it’s production. Don’t get the touchiness over something o trivial.

What? There’s not a one-size-fits-all tank? Bummer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I tink (spelling error on purpose) this going down the road like many other threads that gets heated and misses the point to share knowledge, experiance, and all those fuzzier things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not that long ago (a few months) when trying to get into building every thread seemed to go down a weird road when talking about the best. And I couldn’t learn a damn thing.

10 Likes

Don’t worry, as I said earlier, a new wave of tanks are a’ comin’ - and we’ll forget about the current bunch soon enough.

The Herakles v1 is the bestes sub tank evah! STILL btw … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yup new wave for sure. They call them new, or mini, but what they are…well tpd compliant.

Ok, ordered the “winner”. Like I need another rdta :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The OBS Crius and Aromamizer Supreme have both been great tanks for me but I will give this one a shot.

3 Likes

Moon Shot is hardest to get used to. I swear I hated it the day I got it. Watched a video on how to build and wick. Then just needed practice.

2 Likes

Sweet, I love the TF-RDTA! Didn’t expect it to end up at the top of his list too.

3 Likes

I remember @daath getting one when they first came out and saying he liked it. @Big_Benny_MI , how does it compare to the Aromamizer ,Boreas , or TVF4.I would love to hear anyone’s thoughts about them and what deck they have?

That perspective I never would have thought of …but makes sense

2 Likes

That was something that I had never thought of as well and I agree it does make sense.

1 Like

That may be true in some cases… especially if you only own a few tanks and don’t have much reference of the others. I’ve bought a lot of the top ranked tanks and I hoped for the best with every one of them. But if it sux IMO… I’ll be the first to tell you.

3 Likes

I like the TF-RDTA much more than the TFV4 and the Aromamizer. I don’t own the Boreas so can’t comment although it’s been on my wishlist.

The TF-RDTA has more juice capacity and a better top hinge and larger top fill slot than the TFV4. The 16 mm Velocity deck is super easy to build on with really large and solid post holes. I started out using 316L SS Fused Claptons at 3mm ID and 6 wraps 26/32g and they fit fine. Lately I’ve been messing around with different gauges of single wire just to find an easier TC build.

The wicking on it is almost idiot-proof. I was overwicking it to start and flavor was a bit muted. I lightened up a bit on the Cotton Bacon though and the flavor really popped out. Haven’t had any leak issues whatsoever which I can’t say for the other two tanks and to me the flavor is better than both. I like the fact that it’s shorter than the TFV4 by a few mm as well. I only have the 3ml Aromamizer so not sure what height is on the 6ml.

For a tank you can get for $20 I don’t think you can beat it. Just my opinion and I know others have them as well.

5 Likes

That is what I have come to depend on from you , very few tanks that you like I don’t and vice versa.I have determined from trying enough of your recommendations that they work very well for me in most cases.I put @Whiterose0818 in the same category as well and luckily I think he buys about all the new ones coming out !:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you , I like the TFV4 but I don’t love it as far as flavor.What build deck are you using , I see they have a G2 and a G4 iirc.I guess the G2 is the dual deck and the G4 is the quad? Any real reason to have the additional coils , I didn’t know if they were mainly for cloud chasing or if they add anything at all.

I like the large build deck, sounds great! Have you had any luck with the Lightning Vapes Titanium wire , I have been meaning to ask @Pro_Vapes as well.I can’t get a handle on that wire , I can vape it in watts mode but not in T/C . I have been pretty happy with the K. Bee Vapor Titanium though , it seems to be more stable when in T/C.

2 Likes

LV and KB Ti are both working well for me.

2 Likes

Nope, the TF-RDTA just has the S2 which is a 16 mm Velocity style deck. You are thinking of the TF-RTA which has the G4 (quad Clapton) and G2 (Velocity) decks. I went with the TF-RDTA instead. I liked the idea of bottom juice flow and side air flow better than the RTA which is the reverse.

You really shouldn’t be doing Ti in wattage mode (so…just stop that :eyes:). And yes I had no problems running ProVapes deep water build with it and it’s stable as a rock at .08 on my DNA200 as well as xCubes, and VT133. Only sucky thing is you need to clean it first. I use steel wool lightly and then alcohol wipes till it’s moderately shiny.

3 Likes

I’ve been super busy and I keep meaning to bring a tank up…the Coilart Mage. 24mm, I believe, only 1 1/8 inch tall, but holds 3.5ml…most excellent flavor, if you could only imagine. Priced reasonably at under $30, but don’t quote me on that. And, yes, @BoyHowdy, you are most likely right, I am kinda obsessed with new tanks…I buy the new ones, run em through the works, then move on to the next one, lol…I kinda like the challenge of making the new tank work for me. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this either, (I did around the time the TFV4 hit big) but I’ve been struggling with certain tanks making me feel like I have fluids in my lungs…and thus leading me to a cough. “Wet vapor tanks”. It’s mostly 24-25mm tanks that do it…most 22mm tanks don’t bother me. The Aromamizer doesn’t do it (23mm), and the Coilart Mage doesnt (24mm), other than that, I vape primarily the “older” 22mm tanks. I wish I had the answer. I am starting an experiment where I’ll soon be vaping only VaporBase mixes to see if PG has something to do with it…
Anyway, enough rambling, right…
I’ll post findings and reviews and new disoveries as I can…
Very notable mentions: the Kaos tank (unbelievable tank/flavor/price!)…ijoy Tornado, both standard and nano (again tank/flavor/price)…Cleito w/RBA (top notch flavor)…ijoy Limitless Genesis style tank (tons of possibilities and excellent flavor)…
Both of the new Smok tanks are all that…like easily a 9 outta 10.
It’s bedtime…if I think of more, I’ll mention em

4 Likes

Sweet , I don’t think I would care much for four coils.

I completely agree! “Don’t try this at home people!!!” , Love me some vaping with Twisted420 as well. That is the reason why I swapped wires as you never ever want to let Ti get too hot from a tank or wick running dry!

1 Like

I have the G4 and the flavor is right up there with the best, airflow is super smooth, wicks like a vet. The 4 coils, to me, boosts flavor production.

2 Likes