A PUBLIC and Civil Discussion on the Rules

It is a shame that you do not share your contents. You might even be surprised by what people you do not know have to add. A price worth paying for a couple of low value responses in the thread.

5 Likes

And just to clarify, I was not in the least offended. I truly believe it was perceived as fine humor to the vast majority of folks. I intended it to be more of a tongue in cheek way to say TMI. Iā€™m sorry Vapey, obviously my writing didnā€™t convey the message well. It truly was nothing outrageous.

5 Likes

Sheā€™ll have totally taken it this way - worry not friendly ogre :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, fair enough, if people canā€™t talk to each other about things theyā€™re annoyed about i guess we DO need a nannyā€¦

4 Likes

Oh hun, no worries at all! I didnā€™t take it badly, I got what you were going for. :wink:

1 Like

You keep doinā€™ you Boo ā€¦Vaping by Law is 18+ so 18+ illustrated Vape reviews are in an appropriate realm. I donā€™t think you were ā€œtarredā€, but I hear your concern.

8 Likes

ā€¦or as @Lolly would say ā€œKeep the pedal to the Metal ā€¦Petalā€

6 Likes

If anything, on the reviews issue, i think a racier review with this: [NSFW] would be fine.

And i really like the serious tag but a button most likely wont happen. [Serious] at the front of the post should work out.

6 Likes

Reviews really donā€™t bother meā€¦ mainly because I donā€™t read them. Iā€™m not really searching for newest latest thing on the market, because Iā€™ve settled on a set up that works best for me.

After speaking with some older members, they to has mostly settled with what works for them also. For me it makes for a lot less trial and error.

7 Likes

I have often thought the same thing, after 100ā€™s of posts and replies in a PM from someone asking me a question or opinion.

Some folks just want one on one time and straight talk without ā€œdistractionā€. Some folks like loud, noisy barsā€¦ others want the solace of a tea room. The main thing is, those folks are sharing and getting help where they feel most comfortableā€¦ perhaps in time, that info will show itself in the public arena. :wink:

19 Likes

I will try to adhere, but not going to promise.

I love the reviews. As someone with depression, it is a way of laughing for that 5 minute read. I need those to laugh and melt problems away.

As for swearing. Sorry, I am a low common denominator here. It is common in a heated passionate debate to use such language. If you use such language it gets attention. Negatively, but point made. Civil sometimes work, but not always. I carry a blunt hammer in my back pocket.

Love,

Yours Fucking Truly

Whoops.

Yours Fricking Truly

17 Likes

Why? Nobody restricts you in the amount of posts, topics and what else. If you have information that would serve the public on ELR, letā€™s post it publicly. Iā€™m sure most topics you can come up with already have a place in these forums.
Itā€™s just that not everything belongs in 1 thread. If you feel the need to throw in another topic, start another thread or continue a previous thread that is already dealing with that topic.

Derailing is annoying and making a lot of people frustrated and waste time to find what theyā€™re looking for. Itā€™s like living in chaos and with more people, more opinions and what not, chaos gets out of control really fast. When you have a place that is nice, clean and organised where everything has its place, it becomes a lot easier and faster to navigate and dip in the topics that youā€™re interested or leave the ones you donā€™t care about.

4 Likes

Love ya skull :wink:

4 Likes

In a perfect world perhaps, but in real life a lot of people simply canā€™t work out their differences for whatever reason. Itā€™s not only here on ELR but everywhere you go. This place shouldnā€™t become a place where the ā€œstrongā€ survive and the ā€œweakā€ disappear. Itā€™s not because youā€™re good with words that youā€™re automatically right. Just think about how many people here donā€™t even speak English as a first language and are already in a much weaker position to talk it out or defend themselves in an argument. I quite often see messages from people apologising for their poor English before they even post a message. Itā€™s not always as easy to speak a different language and I too often get the impression that English speaking people take all that for granted.

9 Likes

This also gives the op the power to create a thread that only shows one side of the coinā€¦

there is a serious button already in place . Just the moderators have final say , if action is neededā€¦

When flags are used properly itā€™s 100% effective ā€¦

Edit : yes derailing threads has been a problem, Iā€™m guilty of participating. But I did move to discord when a mod asked us to move it to discord.

But the problem isnā€™t only members derailing threads , itā€™s also the members who do not flag the derails is part of the problemā€¦

8 Likes

Now with so many people wearing these flairs, why would you place the burden upon the regular users?
Isnā€™t it up to the veterans to decide whatā€™s within the rules and what not?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve flagged anyone, ā€¦ yet. Hmmmmm.

4 Likes

Man, there is a LOT of posts to catch up on this whole ā€œthingā€. Trying to keep straight exactly what the BIG problems are, and the small annoyances. I do keep seeing reviews mentioned. Do you guys think the racy reviews the bigger issue, or the sultry forum post derailments, or both ? Iā€™ve seen the threads get sideways truck jacked, but canā€™t really think of any review that Iā€™ve read here that even caused me to pause.

11 Likes

Same here but according to some that means weā€™re part of the problemā€¦

1 Like

Fair enough. Why didnā€™t I ??? Hmmmmm, I think my ā€œassumptionā€ was it was up to the OP, not everyone in the thread, but I could be wrong. Iā€™ve posted a lot, mostly helping with a few mixes, a LOT of SF testing, and of course, EVERYTHING Steam Crave, and although I ā€˜ve seen kidding around, humor, a lilā€™ sexy sexy in my threads, Iā€™ve never came close to getting mad, or feeling the need to flag anyone. I could be too lax, but really didnā€™t have that happen to me, too much that is.

9 Likes