A special shout out to ALL the LADIES on ELR!

This might sound strange, but hear me out. My wife has started moving in on mah thang (playing the drums), and is actually getting pretty good. She frequents a large online drumming site and they have a sub-group of women drummers. All in all they help each other out, pretty smooth sailing. Recently there were some forum posts from a very young, new member from the Philippines which apparently offended one particular female member there. I read all the posts, and it is clearly a cultural language difference. To me it’s bizarre that anyone had issue with him calling female members ma’am, ms., queen, i.e. “You are my drumming queen”, etc.

As I watched the innocent miscommunication turn into a holly mess I was IMMEDIATELY reminded of how WE have a LARGE, diverse group, from many different areas, countries, and YES, we have female members as well, yet I’ve NEVER seen anything like that happen here.

Interesting.

@Mew @VapeyMama @Silhouette @Alisa @Jenny1978 @JoJo @Amy2 @Molly_Mcghee @Leilani maybe you guys are just special, or maybe vapers/mixers just know how to “mix it up” no pun intended.

Anyway, funny how another forum/site could remind me of how everyone can mix it up, give it as good as we take it, and just have fun, or at least over HERE that is.

32 Likes

ahem… LADIES not guys… :joy:

Totally kidding. :wink: I like to think the ladies here are one of a kind. :smile:

21 Likes

@VapeyMama BAMM, Got Me !!!

See what I mean ?

12 Likes

How sweet and thank you I feel we’re a diversed group and very family like. I may not be as present as I’d like to be lately but that doesn’t change how I feel about you all muah :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

I LOVE LOVE LIVE all the “girlies” on here and I’m very selective with female friends. I have to agree with @SessionDrummer and say there’s just no real cattiness (aka fucking bitchy harlots) and the mixers, mix well. :blush:

Maybe your wife should take up your other hobby and join ELR. :smiley:

17 Likes

I think the reason ELR does so well in terms of users (and us femaliens) is because it does take some level of commitment here. Our recipes are stored on ELR, people have expanded the flavor notes to massive proportions, its not just a pop in and duck out real fast kind of community. I’m sure some people join for some answers, but stay for the positivity. I view ELR as my little safe space, and my fellow women-folk are good friends. :grinning:

19 Likes

Or, it COULD be the kick ass avatars !!!

Silhouette

18 Likes

I tried to draw one with a pumpkin… it just did not work out. :yum: It ended up looking like a sad, misshapen gremlin next to my face.

11 Likes

Well I for one love all the ladies on this here forum, uh huh uh huh uh huh!

10 Likes

The lady’s do great here as do most of the men. There are a couple of males however that are certifiable. I’ve seen some insane blow-ups over little or nothing. I’ve watched those episodes last for days eliminating the possibility of a simple IED condition and indicating something far more serious. I would use caution in openly sharing personal information.

10 Likes

I think our ladies are just way to crazy for that kind off BS. I blame the vapors seems they have a catnip like effect on them.

8 Likes

b7aa0538058f279322412c80f3012148--clutch-thats-entertainment

14 Likes

Thanks for the kind shout out @SessionDrummer. Thanks for bringing up the point that there can be a cultural difference which can lead to miscommunication. Overall I think most miscommunication is worked out as we continue to transcribe more clearly what we mean when we type certain topics.

I enjoy writing and reading all the responses from these very knowledgeable and intelligent women on ELR (and the fellas - lol). During my short time here on ELR, I’ve grown and expanded my knowledge through the help of many great women here and I look forward to more witty, humorous, and passionate talk.

15 Likes

Ixnay on the assionatepay! :flushed:

/tries to squash the spark before we have yet another NSFW thread! :laughing: :wink:

Seriously though, have to agree with Session. We’ve got some genuine lovelies here! I can think of several who weren’t mentioned, but it definitely applies to as well! (Know that you’re included ladies, even if not named… You’re in our thoughts you sweet things!)

15 Likes

Hmm someone will say something your know it bro (oh i just did lol)

9 Likes

Awe!! :blush: Thanks for speaking so highly of all of the females here @Sprkslfly! There is definitely something special about ELR that makes overlooking any minor miscommunications much less of an issue that can easily turn into full-on attack mode on somewhere like Facebook, for example. It could be our shared interest in DIY and vaping, or it could be that those who visit this site regularly are extremely tolerant and supportive of each other - both the women and men! I think that the females on this site are some of the nicest, fun, and most intelligent women I’ve ever gotten the chance to know! Let’s just face it, if you come on ELR often enough, and get to know everyone, you just become part of the family…and it has to be because this family rocks! :heart:️

15 Likes

I think I need to restate my earlier opinion. I received a very astute PM regarding my post and it was brought to my attention that my post was overstated. I am not proclaiming a credible threat, and using the word “certifiable” is not within my expertise to claim. What I see is a definite potential. I am confident with that statement. Please accept my apologies for not being more thoughtful with my original post. It was myopic on my part.

7 Likes

The hyper-sensitive seem to have many triggers.

My only trigger is hyper-sensitive people! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

I usually won’t stick around on any forum that has too much drama. I came here for vape information and have some fun along the way. I’ll admit I read alot and lurk. Occasionally pull out the popcorn when a thread goes south but rarely get involved unless my name is mentioned. Then as you said @SessionDrummer I give as good as I get. LOL
For the most part this is a pretty civil bunch. A little birdy told me that the trash talk is usually taken to personal group chats. Which is good as long as I don’t have to listen to it. I say to those people get a life.
As far as I’m concerned when it’s no longer fun, I’m out. Oh and someone even wrote a song about it. It’s a bit cheesy but I find the lyrics amusing. Yeah… I got a song for everything. ♫

11 Likes

@Jenny1978 Simply, NAILED IT !!!

9 Likes