"Alternative" Uses for Flavor Concentrates

I try my flavors as perfurmes. I haven’t come to somethink because Im to lazy but the goal is to make perfurmes ‘‘eat safe’’ for my child and maybe for me and my wife too! :wink:
Edit: I use sometimes vanillin as aroma!

6 Likes

I have looked into this and the result was you use them just like familiar “extracts” like Vanilla extract. So this Holiday Season if you find you’re out of the old brown Vanilla extract you use the same amount of one of your favorite Vape’n Vanillas. I have also added Peanut to Peanut Butter cookie recipe, and flavored heavy cream in my WhipIt for flavored whipped cream. Good thread tho… adding to your vacuum cleaner is a good one. @Laberythm google DIY Personal Lubricants …after the kids are asleep :wink:

9 Likes

vanilla nipples!

4 Likes

2 drops of FA Almond in my coffee with sugar and cream.:+1:t2::+1:t2:

5 Likes

I put a few drops on our house filter, for the HVAC system, to freshen the place up a bit. MUCH better than the regular farts and feet smells that pervades our home. Candy, yogurt, ice cream, pudding, oatmeal, cakes/frosting, cookies, caffeinated beverages, soaps, lotions, shampoo/conditioner, etc… So many uses for this stuff.

One of my favorites is a teaspoon of Banana Cream (LA) in banana bread, so freaking good. Another and more recent favorite is a bit of menthol in my shampoo/conditioner and after shave splash.

It is nearly as fun to mix up a great cake frosting with this stuff as it is to make a vape liquid.

6 Likes

Candy

Water/Milk

Ken’s HVAC Filter :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffee

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to research how to make shampoo/conditioner. Wanted to cut costs for Xmas this year and surprise family with some yummy smelling products. It doesn’t look easy though… If i coyld find unscented shampoo that would be the easiest, since I’ve almost given up on starting from total scratch (ie using VG). If anyone’s done this, or lotions, face cream, etc, pls message me. I cant afford to buy tons more ingredients - like most recipes off r/DIYBeauty need… (I’ve spent too much on flavors!)

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input, everybody. This is shaping up to be a nice resource thread!

1 Like

I used some banana nut bread and fa walnut in a 1$ wendy’s vanilla frosty(shake). Was pretty good!

3 Likes

I have a bottle of Vanilla Custard SC RF that’s dedicated to the kitchen. I don’t even remember the last time I bought the brown stuff.

1 Like

How To Make Your Own Scented Liquid Bath Soap
How To Make Scented Body Lotion
and more…
http://www.soulvisiondesigns.nl/design-your-own-perfume.htm#2v

5 Likes

I’ve added them to coffee before. They are designed for baking or candy making but I really don’t use them in the kitchen.

@Laberythm How To Make Your Own Scented Liquid Bath Soap
How To Make Scented Body Lotion
and more…
http://www.soulvisiondesigns.nl/design-your-own-perfume.htm#2v3

This was a costly reply for me! I have 70$ worth of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion arriving in a few days. Although if I figure it out, xmas will be taken care of for all the women in the family and I’ll get sime brownie points for creativity. I guess some initial investment is necessary. Thanks for the link, super helpful.

7 Likes

I have bookmark it and I read it from times to times because has help me alot with the mixes as well. :wink:

1 Like

If y’all ever feel adventurous… Making candy is as easy as boiling water and sugar.
The kits have a couple flavors included (from LorAnn’s) or the basic hard candy kit. To make molded candies, you would need about 5 molds, but I’ve always just poured it onto foil, let it harden then break it apart. (And don’t forget your candy thermometer!!!)
http://gremlindiy.com/candy-acc/

5 Likes

I like to try flavors in a Wendy’s vanilla frosty or a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Did you have any success so far?

2 Likes

Yes! In fact due to 3 snowy days I’ve been working hard on the project. I’ll post pics when I’m done. Thanks for asking and remembering.

5 Likes

Oh yes please! :+1:

1 Like

Can I post in the thread somehow or have to link to imgur or some such hosting site?

1 Like