Apparentely We Are All Wasting Our Time & Money And Should Be Buying Premium Juices And Not DIY'ing

5 reasons to DIY

1. You want to know what is in your liquids
  2. It is fun
    2.5 Yummy Diketones
  3. Great communities
  4. Make vapes tailored to your personal tastes
    4.5 Did i mention yummy diketones?
  5. It can be much less expensive
18 Likes

I think you forgot to mention Yummy Diketones :laughing:

13 Likes

My five reasons tribute recipe. LMAO
Five flavors to countermand the five reasons lol :smile:

7 Likes

LordVapor says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Hogwash, the whole lot of this article.
False Statement #1: I live in Indiana. There are quite a few suppliers selling eJuice here.
2: You can learn to make your own e-juice in a couple hours. Itā€™s one of the easiest thing I have ever done that I thought would be hard to learn.
3: Yes, it is as simple as mixing a few things together. In fact, I am going to go mix a few things together and vape them. Be right backā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ (5 minutes later) Whew! that didnā€™t take long. Wow this is great juice!
4: There is far less waste than you are suggesting. I have been mixing for a year and a half. I have only wasted 150ml of juice when I started. That maybe cost me $3.00?
5: After reading to number 4 of your article I gave up. I am just going to say the rest is false as well. There is only so much bullshit I can take.

But hey! Congrats on the new career. Because whoever you are that wrote this I assume you are a disgruntled employee and will soon be looking for a new job. Because I would bet my $2000+ in mixing supplies you just ruined Aspen Valley Vapesā€™ reputation in the vaping industry. Because I know from this day on ā€“ any time I hear that name I am gonna laugh my ass off all over again.

17 Likes

I just CANā€™T NOT post some of the responsesā€¦

Cyrus says:

While trying to deter people from making their own e-juice. And then right underneath it adds for your ejuice. Making your own e-juice is way cheaper then buying premium e-juice. And the start-up fees cheap
January 20, 2017 at 3:48 am
Dale Bartlett says:

This is the dumbest shit Iā€™ve ever read. Note to self: Never buy from Aspen Vapes
January 20, 2017 at 3:50 am
No one important says:

Your getting slammed on social media about this postā€¦ diyers are not liking what your sayingā€¦ itā€™s not true and itā€™s obviously hurting your business so stop fucking spreading bullshit around itā€™s only going to hurt your business
January 20, 2017 at 4:34 am
Bob says:

What a crock of crap. You should be ashamed of this article. All in the name to sell more juice from your own store. Itā€™s people like you spreading false info that makes the vaping community look bad.

Shame.
January 20, 2017 at 6:24 am
Jennifer Jarvis says:

Iā€™m sorry but I disagree with this entire post. I remember when you guys opened your shop, it wasnā€™t long after I started my own juice line and websiteā€¦because we shared a very similar name. Funny thing was that even while I was selling juice, I was still an active member of the DIY communityā€¦because lets face it 80% of juice lines started with someone DIYing.

I started DIYing in 2010, back when there was little information on DIY, and ECF was the biggest resource we had. I had only been vaping for a few months when I started out mixing my own juice. One of my first recipes ended up being a part of my juice line because it was delicious.

Yes, folks who want to get into DIY need to educate themselves on safety and the processes of mixing, but thatā€™s why I wrote a free beginner e-book and run a website and now make you tube videos. Thatā€™s why people like myself and Wayne Walker and Jack Gilroy and so many of the other members of the DIY community do what we do for the community, to educate vapers who are new to mixing so they do it safely, and can start out making some awesome recipes that are available online. We share recipes FOR FREE with the community. Most of us are professional mixers who were still creating recipes for commercial businesses.

Do I still throw juice away when things donā€™t come out like I hoped? Sure. But when the materials I used to make that 30ml of juice only costs me less than $1 itā€™s still well worth it in the long run when Iā€™m vaping 200mls a week of awesome juice that is designed for my tastes, without using sweetener, and it saves my coils too because I donā€™t suffer with massive gunk build up. I also know exactly what Iā€™m putting in my juice, one of the biggest reasons I started DIYing in the first place. I know Iā€™m using the top quality PG,VG, Nicotine, and flavorings for my all day vapes. I know if Iā€™m choosing to vape something that contains diacetyl or not. I know Iā€™m not using Flavor West flavorings like Yellow Cake that contains actual sugar!

Discouraging people from DIY isnā€™t going to save your business in the long run. If you think DIY is such a threat to your bottom line, you donā€™t understand how the vaping community works. There are people who will never DIYā€¦thatā€™s your customer base. Everyone who is inclined to DIY are not likely to be people who want to buy your e-liquid. Thatā€™s how itā€™s always been.

There is plenty of education out there for people to learn how to mix correctly and safely. So you are wrong about most of your reasons, with the exception of the vapers who donā€™t educate themselves on how to mix properly. If youā€™re going to mix learn how to do it right. It doesnā€™t take that long to learn and to mix tried and true delicious recipes that are available online.

I donā€™t know if youā€™ll even publish this comment, but you as a company in the light of all the regulations maybe should consider not demonizing DIY and join is. Create flavor shots of your juice line and sell PG/VG/nic started kits and like to places that provide education or provide your own education on how to mix properly.
January 20, 2017 at 6:31 am
tim says:

Haha biggest load of bull I ever heard ā€“ mixology is easy
January 20, 2017 at 6:37 am
Gaz says:

None of that is even vaguely true.
January 20, 2017 at 7:07 am
Rob says:

Very biased opinion from a vendor this whole thing is no different then the bullshit propaganda dumbshit fake scientists try to push on the ā€œrisks of vapingā€ you should be ashamed of yourselves. I will never purchase from you and i will be sharing my thoughts with whoever will listen
January 20, 2017 at 8:03 am
Jason halliday says:

These 5 reasons for not making your own liquid really made me laugh! I have been mucing my own juices for over 6 months now and nothing could be easier! I know you are trying to make money but please stop the lies! Honesty works! The juices I make are way so much better than so called ā€œpremium juiceā€
January 20, 2017 at 8:11 am
Jl says:

Idiotic lies and dieciet. DIY is easy as it gets and 90 cents per 30ml.
January 20, 2017 at 8:33 am
Blah says:

This is the stupidest thing Iā€™ve ever read
January 20, 2017 at 9:10 am
Andrew says:

This article is so moronic.

https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/making-your-own-diy-e-juice-might-not-be-a-good-idea/

The premise of ā€œyouā€™re too stupid to make your own so buy from usā€ is asinine and outright pretentious. You should feel bad for even thinking that you could publish this and have a good outcome. Maybe if you spent less time putting out mindless propaganda you would have time to refill your own stock of house juice to sell to show ā€œhow superiorā€ you are to all us peasants.
January 20, 2017 at 9:19 am
Rick W says:

Sorryā€¦but this is a bias write up.
There are many social media groups and guides along with thousands and thousands of known tested recipes and recipe sites that most recipes out there are better than store bought. Not to mention safer.
To discourage a person from making there own e-liquid is wrong and the opposite should be encouraged. But then againā€¦you are an e-liquid sellerā€¦I shouldnā€™t expect anything less from this article.
January 20, 2017 at 10:50 am
John Roberts says:

With the amount of ejuice calculators, Youtube videos, recipes and concentrates available itā€™s very easy to make high quality, tasty ejuice for a fraction of the cost of overpriced ā€œpremiumā€ juice.
Yes, thereā€™s a bit of experimentation and a little wastage too at first, but thatā€™s no different to paying for a juice that you donā€™t like.
How about you stop scaremongering and lower your prices instead?
January 20, 2017 at 11:16 am
Antfuzz says:

This article is deplorable and filled with misinformation. Are you working for big tobacco? Are you working for the big E juice companies? Do you think youā€™re going to try and save your business by propagating misinformation? Making your own juice is really quite simple especially if you use one shots. Do you know about one shots? They are becoming very popular you should look into it, you might be able save your business. You should stick to advocacy. I will no longer be reading anything your company puts out.
January 20, 2017 at 11:59 am
jacatro says:

LOL- Good oneā€¦
People are starting to realize that paying over 20 bucks for a shotglass of overly sweetened eliquid is not a good financial moveā€¦ah wellā€¦fun while it lasted, right?
January 20, 2017 at 12:36 pm
William Thornley says:

Wow, Iā€™m sure you wish youā€™d given this a second thought before you went after diy. People get pissed a lot easier these days it seems! Smh
January 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm
JS says:

Have the regs hurt your business that badly that you have to spout scare tactics into the vaping community that 1. Are far from true and 2. Completely biased? You guys should just close up shop and quit for being this low.
January 20, 2017 at 1:35 pm
2OHM6 says:

Seriously? LOL, you guys are sad.

http://diyordievaping.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/
January 20, 2017 at 2:53 pm
SteamRoom says:

This article is hogwash. Overtly and inaccurately trashing DIY eliquid while promoting your own eliquid. Nothing about that seems curious at all! If you are a DIYer in any sense of the word pay no attention to this misguided shady company. Note to self: Never sort Aspen Vapes.
January 20, 2017 at 3:04 pm
bear says:

kiss my ass im not buying yours or any other shitty vender juice
January 20, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Allisha says:

Heh this is funnyā€¦ FYI I started diy mixing a month after I started vaping. Doing the proper research before making any purchases and basing my initial flavor purchases off of popular recipes was how I started. Iā€™ve been mixing for about 9 months now and have already become a fairly well known mixer due to my FIRST public recipe being so popular. Your right mixing can take time, but only to perfect a profile you wish to achieve. It can also take less than a minute to mix a 30ml bottle if your going for something simple or using someone elseā€™s recipe. Yeah it can be dangerous to mix if you are either not protecting yourself with gloves or mixing with essential oils or flavor extracts you buy at the grocery store, but usually someone trying to get into diy is going to take the time to do a Google search on how to mix. They will find one of the many excellent sites devoted to diy and research or read reviews before buying something. Itā€™s what people usually do before making the decision to switch to vaping in the first place, not just diy.
January 20, 2017 at 4:13 pm
JVAPR says:

Seems these lies are kind of backfiring on you, huh?
January 20, 2017 at 4:14 pm
Pissed off Vaper says:

You guys are absolutely ridiculous. You guys sound like the fda! Spouting misinformation to suit you and profit. Especially sad when people who vape are fighting for their rights to continue to vape. Way to add fuel to the fda fire. I see this causing you guys to lose even more business and quite a few to unsubscribe from your YouTube! You guys are truly sad!
January 20, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Eddie says:

You guys have your heads so far up your asses that itā€™s not even funny. This entire article is full of lies. You sit on a throne of lies. And shit
January 20, 2017 at 4:40 pm
DIYer says:

Great marketing campaign, idiots. Add me to the list of never buying from your company. Maybe if you guys in the industry didnā€™t rip us off, we wouldnā€™t have to resort to making our own.
#fail
January 20, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Coop34 says:

I hope you are appropriately ashamed that you chose to post thisā€¦ā€¦
January 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Walter says:

1. It can be dangerous.

So can ordering online from a vendor when you have no idea how or where their liquids are produced. Nicotine safety is straightforward and easy to follow, this is no reason to steer people away from DIY.

1. Itā€™s not as simple as mixing a few materials together.

Yes it is. I know some DIYers who arenā€™t into the whole experimenting thing, so they found a few recipes for their ADV and mix them exclusively. The calculators and resources available online make it extremely simple. If you can follow a cooking recipe, you can make DIY e-juice.

1. It probably wonā€™t turn out how you expect it to at first.

Thatā€™s the beauty of DIY, you can keep making tweaks until you get what you want or sometimes make happy little accidents that blow away your expectations.

1. It could lead to a lot of wasted products.

Again, so could buying liquids online, particularly from vendors who go out of their way to lie to the community and use ignorant scare tactics. At least you can learn from your ā€œmistakesā€ with DIY and make a better batch next time so itā€™s not a complete waste.

1. It might not end up saving you much money.

Bullshit. I have about 300 flavorings on hand and Iā€™ve spent way less on DIY than if I were to purchase the same amount of liquid I vape from your website.
January 20, 2017 at 5:21 pm

9 Likes

Yupā€¦ these guys really screwed the pooch on this article. I never buy pre-made juice anyway but if I did it wonā€™t be from aspen.

4 Likes

@Jennifer_Jarvis is spot on in her comment. One of the reasons i still bought juice from Blake at Gunners Gold was because i loved the business model, of course the liquids were fantastic too.

5 Likes

Donā€™t they have to get my permission to post the picture of me mixing juice ?

15 Likes

Makes me think of the chemistry sets we had back in the 70s, for kids. The one i had was quite a bit more dangerous than making ejuice. Are these guys saying that adults today are dumber than the kids from a couple decades ago?

12 Likes

Instead of a weā€™re too stupid to run a successful vape business going out of business sale lets just shoot ourselves in the foot and not even be able to give away the product we have article.

4 Likes

Man I read that realized they were right I am just too stupid for this - I threw away 380 flavors and cleaned up my office - I think I will buy all my juice from them they have great insight and even better information delivery - SHM dumb asses

8 Likes

The article was such BS, and i had to laugh to keep from screaming at my phone like a idiot. Itā€™s sad that someone in the vape community wants to hate on the vapeing community. We are all here to help support each other in our journey to quit smoking. And maybe have some fun in the process with DIY. Shame on them. Mama said you canā€™t fix stupid.

6 Likes

bluenose63, thank you very much, made my day !!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The only half true things were 1- handling nic safely and 2- There can be some frustration and waste as weā€™re learning and experimenting. Did fear of wasting art supplies stop Michelangelo from learning to paint? Itā€™s such an obviously self serving attempt to discourage DIY, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if this little stunt drives people to try it.

9 Likes

I suppose when they start selling premade coils. They will have an article on the 5 reasons not to make your own coils too. Cause thats no fun either.

8 Likes

LordVapor your comment was posted!

5 Likes

Unbelievable BS
I have only blown up twice since I started mixing

7 Likes
4 Likes

Haha. Something is up then. No way they would have posted that!

2 Likes

Maybe they are looking to file a slander lawsuit? This whole thing seems fishy. That or the FDA hacked their website LOL.

1 Like