Ask the Chef(s)

Victorinox are great.I’m a whufstof man myself

My wife got me a crap ton of CutCo knives and assorted kitchen tools for my birthday a couple of years back; I’ve been in heaven ever since, when I’m enjoying my time as chef du jour.

Except this one time…

3 Likes

My kit is about 75% Global and I have a few Shuns too which are nice…but expensive

2 Likes

It’s a good thing you did that on your left hand…how else would you pick your nose!!

2 Likes

Well I never!

Only the civilized use their pinkies! Harrumph!

1 Like

this is where the sympathy button WORKS?

1 Like

Thought u might like this picture from today’s foraging.cepes ,chanterelle ,horn of plenty and hedgehog fungus .

4 Likes

Must have taken a lot of hedgehogs to get that much fungus! They’re such small little creatures! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s what I miss after moving to Fl…no more of our seasonal Morel hunts. Which is like looking for a pot of gold…

2 Likes

Ah man nice they have the best mushroom flavour .never found any .those chanterelle I found where all in one spot I found gold today.mushrooms on toast for breakfast

1 Like

That’s awesome man! I LOVE morels and I miss our annual hunts…and so does my wallet!! They sell for $30/# or more and we used to make a KILLING at farmer’s markets!! One year we got 20# and that sure brought home the bacon :wink:
I’ve never found chantrelles though…lots of lobsters and woodears but no chants

1 Like

Nice.ii mm off out again tomorrow hoping to hit the jackpot again

2 Likes

Nice! you’re making me jealous haha
I don’t know where ya live but I’m used to going hunting in the spring/fall-
You’re lucky getting all those in the middle of summer!! Eat some for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I m from England,is autumn here now

1 Like

That explains it :wink:

Any of you guys work with Peruvian cuisine? I have a real posh event tomorrow in some guy’s 6 million dollar mansion and of course he still has to try and impress and wants all Peruvian items and other stuff he has never had lol
This is what I am making for passed Hors D’Oeuvres so far;

• lomito saltado gran brujo
  • Ceviche Mixto Leche De Tigre with local Snapper, Mussels, Clams and shrimp
  • Pastel De Choclo
  • Purple Peruvian whipped Potato “shooters” with Pancetta, Roasted Garlic and Creme Fraiche

I need 2 more items that will be passing friendly and would LOVE suggestions!
Alas I am just some ol’ white boy from Chi-Town and I have no ties to Peru in my vains :wink:

1 Like

Chute de Camarones and
Lomo Saltado

2 Likes

Seco de Cordero…Lamb Stew

2 Likes

BOOM! Thanks John! Unfortunately they have to be passed apps though and they dont want any soup/stew like stuff but those suggestions will help on my other event!
Cheers buddy!
BTW I haven’t forgotten about ya :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, FL is NOT the South. Heck the Southern population is eclipsed by all the latin immigrants and snowbirds. But oh well…I don’t have to live there!

Gumbo is great. I prefer another similar dish which I’ve made many times. Crawfish Etoufee. Here’s the recipe I use. Oh this stuff is the bomb, especially if you add just the right amount of ceyenne powder and a moderate shaking of Tony Chachere’s

You also need a good source for the crawfish tails. I get mine here.

3 Likes