ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Augvape Intake RTA Spit Back

Ok so I’m getting alot of spit back with my Intake RTA. I’ve tried changing the cotton, increasing power, and I’ve tried different juices. Nothing seems to work, I’m using a fused Clapton .25 ohm coil. Same coil I use in my Pulse 24 RDA, which has not spit back at all. Anyone having the same problem with the Intake RTA? Any suggestions on what to try next…Thanks

How high are the coils positioned? You may need to drop 'em down a bit.

Contrary to most of those tanks, you must not put any cotton into the juice holes, just dam them up.
@SmilingOgre did a very good review on the Intake.
He was spot on with his method of wicking. I had forgotten about his review by the time I got my Intake and had put cotton in the holes, spit back was fierce. Even just a tiny bit of cotton will really f up your vape.

I don’t have your particular atty, but usually IME spitback is a large correlation to not having used enough cotton.

I agree, spit back from my experience is due to a lack of cotton.

@TorturedZen coil is about 1/8" from deck.
@Josephine_van_Rijn I had watched alot of reviews before I got it all of them stressed that issue, so was I careful not to put any cotton in the holes.
@Sprkslfly that maybe the issue because I used the same amount of cotton the second time when I changed it out as I did the first time. I will try that and see how it goes and report back.

Thank y’all so much for the input, so glad I found this forum.

I went an ordered another one tonight. Amazing how that works.

:+1: @Sprkslfly and @Kenbu that did the trick, thanks for the help. I’m fairly new to using RTA’s and the thought of not enough cotton never crossed my mind, lesson learned…

It has become my favourite tank so I will probably end up doing the same.
Gotta keep my spending down for a bit, just went all out on an impulse buy that will have a lot of follow up expenses :grin:

Girl, same here … But the intake did replace my kylin mini, now I only have to buy 3 more where’s the facepalm emoji when ya need it

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: :grinning:

Agree. Too little cotton= spitback. I got great flavour from positioning the coil as low as possible. It’s an amazing rta if you like a restricted DL vape. It has replaced my SMM rta, which was the only rta I had been using for the last year and a half.

That impulse buy will give you much more joy than another tank.

That’s where I have the coil now and I agree the flavor is pretty great.