Baby Brands (lesser known flavors)

I know there has been some talk of the smaller brands versus the big brands (FA, TFA, INW) but who here uses some of the smaller brands still?

I have specifically been looking into a few different brands since DIY Vapor Supply has a plethora of different brands. Looking to find some gems, but also not looking to waste some money.

Looking specifically at Bickford Flavors, Wonder Flavors, Viper, and Molin Berry.

If there are any others worth mentioning, please speak up.

8 Likes

I hope you don’t mind, but I amended your title a bit in hopes of both drawing more attention to it, as well as making it easier to include in searches in the future.

Definitely a good question, and I’m interested in seeing the responses as well! :thumbsup:

8 Likes

purilum idk if spelled rite or if this is even a smaller company but so far flavors i have tryed have all been good think nic river is where i got them.I am also interested to hear of any other flavoring want try german flavors ,molin berry.etc…

7 Likes

Don’t mind at all! Maybe that’s why no one was responding…

I’m probably gonna pull the trigger on a couple of lesser known brands just cause I’m curious.

@fredrick_willis
I have heard good things about German flavors, I think it is @mixologist13 who has used a few of them.

1 Like

Yes i use a few German flavors

Quark joghurt : best out there IMO optimal usage range 4-5% 10/10

Vanilla pudding: 3-4% good very similiar to FLVs which is both cheaper and easier to obtain -replaced. 9/10

Rhubarb: strong, flavor is on point slightly tart, usage 5-6 drops per 30ml 9/10

Cookie: amazing biscuit cookie with no detectable AP notes. Tastes almost like a very sugary,flaky light crumbly pie crust. Usage 2-3% This flavor was unrivaled IMO for its versatility in use with bakery profiles. Good as an addition to pie crust, cheesecake crust, cookie profiles and yup 0.5% FA cookie bolsters and bends it nicely too… 10/10
Recently tried Jungle Flavors Biscuit which actually tastes similiar and am hoping will replace as German flavors are $$

Baked Apple: very strong. Cooked apple note with hint of raisin and cinnamon. Good for use in apple fritter recipes Usage 0.25% 7/10

Passion fruit : very very strong. Sharp high notes. Usage 0.08% - 0.17%(1-2 drops per 30ml) 7/10

Vanilla crescents: strong lovely vanilla with weaker faint bakery elements. I was Expecting a croissant/type pastry alas this one needs lots of support. 6/10

Licorice /lakritz very very strong. Nice true english black licorice candy notes. Usage 0.25% 8/10

Marshmallow : somewhat of fluffy butter cream marshmallow. Very good. Usage 2-4% 9/10

Strawberry: strong, dark ripe strawberry usage 0.25-0.5% 7/10

Cheesecake : slightly tart and creamy cheesecake with faint lemon note and hint of graham. Usage 0.25%-1.0% 7/10

11 Likes

Thanks for the description, makes me want to try some of them (esp. Rhubarb is now on my list) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

400 plus flavors so not so small.
Got about 65 of them so far and they remain my primary supplier.
25% off direct with the code off our resource page. Started with them and I know some of the line fairly well now.
Local to me with very fast shipping and great service.

Use their Water Soluble Sour Cream with excellent results.

5 Likes

I’ll second that. I’ve been thoroughly impressed by some of the Purilum flavors.
A few that I will definitely be ordering again are:
-Cranberry orange ( bright tangy and tart cranberry sauce with orange notes)
-Strawberry marshmallow cereal ( think lucky charms cereal but with strawberry flavored crunchy marshmallows)
-Lemonade and strawberry lemonade ( these are just really nice smooth lemonades)
-Cookie (crispy crunchy homemade sugar cookie, works great for adding a crumbly layer to desserts)

8 Likes

Yep spelled right, and yep smaller company for now, but growing by leaps and bounds

2 Likes

I got this one (and three other samples) in my recent order from VapersTek. I tried searching on their site (using the search function) but had 0 results on 3 of the 4. Seems their site has some issues.

Anyways I’m guessing this is supposed to be a yogurt?

The other ones I got are:
KAKAO
Angry Alien (found this one)
Feiger Kaktus

The only Kaktus they had listed was Inawera. But each package is clearly labeled German Flavors.

Also, I need to email them about an issue I have with the Ina lime I received. Finger test (raw flavor) was super weak, and now that it’s been 5 days on a steep, both 2% and 3% tests seem extremely weak (which I’ve never had an Ina flavor need usage above 3%). Anyone had any experience with Ina lime to contribute? TIA.

1 Like

I have a recipe with 2% inawera lime and it’s anything but weak. I’d say there’s most certainly an issue with your bottle.

2 Likes

Is it a “light and/or airy” flavor to you? Or potent say like their strawberry or Raspberry etc?

I mean, it’s somewhat there, but it’s so light by what I’ve come to expect, that I was wondering if it was just me… I was fully expecting to have to use this around 1% or less, but even at 3%, it seems like it would only be an accent. So I’m obviously inclined to agree with you.

The other thing I noticed, is that it had almost a watery aspect to the “raw finger test”. Whereas I normally get a definite alcohol aspect in my other Ina flavors (in varying degrees, but none like this).

1 Like

Definitely not a light or airy flavor. Not at all. I just did a finger test…phew…just for you…WHEEEW… my whole mouth tastes like zest. :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you for taking one for the team.
I appreciate"cha!

4 Likes

No problem. :wink: Now off to pour some gin on my tongue to balance this out… Lol

6 Likes

Purilum gets another vote from me.

German flavors also gets a vote from me. The only ones I’ve tried from them was peach yogurt and regular yogurt and both were really good.

Bickford flavors not so good. I ordered a cinnamon butter and walnut. The walnut was such a dark color and tasted off that I didn’t even mix it because it kind of scared me. Both of those flavors ended up in the trash. Save your money when it comes to this company. You can Google search them and find some other reviews, most of which are not the best.

Wonder flavors tahitian vanilla and they’re strawberry was ok. You really have to mix them high. Id say 8-10% range. Very similar to TFA flavors. The chocolate chunks reminded me of tfa a lot. The butterscotch cream pie was pretty good. I guess it depends on the pg/vg ratio you enjoy most. If mixing higher percentages with less vg then these are for you.

I ordered a few flavors to try out from flavor pheonix over a week ago and they still have not shipped. I know they are not on your list but I do think they are sold on diy vapor supply.

I’m on my phone so hopefully I have this 2inch box wrote up correctly for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve heard good things about wonder flavors, I think I have one of them, caramel butter, but haven’t tried it yet.

I’ve heard ooo is hit or miss. Creamy milky undertone seems popular.

Remember they have Rainforest too, which is Jungle Flavors, which has a couple of well used flavors like yellow cake.

4 Likes

I have INW Lime in my stash. I use it in the 0.5%-1.0% range. Should be quite bolsterous at these % lol I do always add other limes when building a lime recipe though ex lime tahiti, Lime NV ,key lime SC , Lime RF SC . i could run a quick SF test of the INW lime if you so desire @Sprkslfly could mix a 10ml in a flash to confirm…

3 Likes

No worries, and appreciate your input!! Your normal usage is enough to tell me (and confirm again) that there’s definitely an issue with my batch.

4 Likes

Penny is very helpful over at Vaperstek, she sorted things out the one time i had an issue and im sure she will make things right for you as well…

3 Likes