Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Well made the change in January, off top I’d say the 16th at around 6 was the last one, had a tracker on the old phone so plugged the date in when I switched to count the cigs / money / etc
Aspire sub ohm mod with the Atlantis, switched quickly to a SMPL and a couple tugboats, now the go to is the sigelei 150 w the dogeV2

As for DIY I ordered a handful of TFA and started my first taste of DIY on 9/10 , had enough bottles ready so started my first blends by 9/11 Actually love the coffee mix I made on 9/11 but its almost gone and sadly haven’t started steeping anymore of it

Learning a ton here and its greatly appreciated much thanks for everyone’s attempts to help anyway they can and huge thanks for organizing this for us @daath

And I’m located Upstate New York

5 Likes

Thank you lostmarbles and sthrnMixer. I am itching to try some of your recipes sthrnMixer. I have them in my favourites and am waiting for my flavours to come by mail.
Today I made a 10ml bottle of big mikes creamy Custard. It’s a shake n Vape I think. It smells lovely but I’m wondering should I leave it for a few days. It’s a very light color. Can I ask… Do you all use a dripper to test? I don’t own one but I’m on the point of purchasing one. Have you any advise on which one I should start with. I just last week got a new innokin disrupter with subtank mini. It’s fab. But haven’t built a coil yet. But i am using the 0.5 ohm and the taste is sooo fantastic. Im using alot of juice though, so I need to start making some. Lol.
I used to smoke 2 packs a day and I’m now down to 2. Im hoping that gaining an interest in making juice will help me push away the last 2. I love all your recipes and I’m looking forward to getting into this, though I have doubts that I will make them as good as you clever people. Thanks for the lovely welcomes. It means alot :green_heart:

2 Likes

I would recommend a Velocity and a Plume Veil V1.5 (both clones). You can get them cheap from Fast Tech if you don’t mind waiting a week or two. I have one of each and they produce excellent flavor for testing. They are both fairly easy to build on, but the Velocity is far easier IMO.

3 Likes

Well done for cutting right down on the stinky’s first of all :+1:
I generally find with custards they will darken down over time to that golden brownish huge, but custards and creams need time to mature and blend anyway. Now for me i leave mine for about 4 wks before i vape them but I’ve built a little stock pile of custards (strawberry,kiwi etc.) so i can do that.
As for a dripper, realy its down to preference, there many out there but try looking for something with an easy deck to build on, look for somthing with bigger wire holes for claptons etc. And something with good air flow adjustment.
Hope this helps. :smile:
By the way get rid of the other 2 you haven’t got time for them you’ve got mixing to do. Haha👍

3 Likes

Hi I am Kimberly and I do not vape. However, my husband does. I would like to learn how to make his juice rather than buying it premixed.
I believe I have all the supplies needed to start but any help would be appreciated regarding flavoring. What is Acetyl Propionyl and is it harmful?

Thank you in advance

6 Likes

The short answer to your question is it depends who you ask (ie, read those links if you wanna jump down the rabbit hole). Nobody knows for sure. Until further, long-term testing is done, it’s more a question of risk vs benefit. Harm reduction if you will.

3 Likes

Thank you! Off shopping now :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I am hoping to very soon. It’s like a crutch. I can’t let go. Time to jump very soon. I have put the Custard away in a dark place. I will give it a shake everyday and try it in a few weeks. I will let you know :grin:. Im off to buy a dripper now :grin:. And some flavours. I think I have my flavour stash open so you can look and see what I have. I think I will stick to just 2 flavour recipes until I get used to using Nic etc. If you can suggest some easy ones it would be great. I don’t mind waiting on steeping. I have lots of t juice concentrates that I can vape on. :+1::grin:

4 Likes

Hey guys i’m matthias from vienna and i just started mixing 1 day ago.I’m a dual coil sub ohm rda vaper but i prefer flavor over clouds even though i don’t mind chucking those clouds lol

8 Likes

Welcome Matthias! Get ready to learn a lot.

2 Likes

Hi Matthias. Enjoy your stay. Here you can learn all you need to know to mix liquid that will give you both those huge and tasty clouds.

1 Like

thanx for the warm welcome guys. i really appreciate it : )

2 Likes

Welcome to my Motor City neighbor. Our paths here sound similar. 1-2 packs a day for 45 years. Haven’t had a cig since I started vaping 3 1/2 months ago. The knowledge base here is incredible, and it’s shared openly & warmly. I have a feeling you’ll be winding coils, stuffing cotton, and mixing like a pro before you know it. Hanging around this place has that effect!

Big welcome to all those recently on board.

6 Likes

Lama here in Montreal :smile:

I’m hooked on DIY

5 Likes

Welcome Lama. Glad you found us.

2 Likes

Welcome to all of you new guys and gals here at ELR!!! DIY is so much fun so sit back and enjoy the ride!

1 Like

welcome peeps!!

1 Like

Welcome Lama.

1 Like

Oops, I didn’t check out this post for a while and the list of new people has grown substantially. I would say welcome to y’all and I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!

1 Like

A big big welcome to our newest members from myself. I know you all will enjoy your self’s and an education comes along with it.
Can you get any better. :smile:

1 Like