Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Welcome to the group!!!

5 Likes

Welcome @Flavour_Cloudsāœ‹

3 Likes

Hi all, thought I had better be polite and introduce myself. Started vaping just over 4 years ago. My partner had been trying to stop smoking for a while so bought him a vape pen, then realised I shouldnā€™t be smoking either, to encourage him, so bought two! I hadnā€™t really thought about stopping but (did it once for 11 years but relapsed). Soon realised I preferred vaping and hate the smell of fags now. As my favourite vape liquid (Chocolate Milk, California vaping co.) was being discontinued and I was having problems finding another flavour I liked, I started to read up on mixing my own. Also sick to death of those silly little bottles which cost the earth and last 5 minutes.
Phew - what a learning curve this is turning out to be!

12 Likes

Welcome. The curve is long, but coming here will make your travel time shorter.

7 Likes

Hi folks,
The WorkingTurk here.

I live in Germany and im Vaping since March 2017.

im trying to make the people around me quit smoking, and im prety succesfull in it

and forgive my english, ive kind of learned it autodidactically

12 Likes

Welcome aboard @sparkky, @flavour_clouds @WorkingTurk and anybody Iā€™ve missed! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yikes! Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve been on this thread. Welcome to all those I missed, and happy holidays to you all.

8 Likes

Welcome to the new recruits !!!

Make sure to pick up as MANY Steam Crave RDTAā€™s as you can. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome @WorkingTurk :raised_hand:

4 Likes

thanks,
im glad to be here

3 Likes

Welcome @WorkingTurk @Sparkky & @Flavour_Clouds,
No question stays unawnsered here :wink:

6 Likes

Thank You for the warm welcome everyone, very glad to be here and to have found ELR and meet wonderful people.:blush:

11 Likes

Iā€™m currently on a chocolate kick too. Have you found some chocolates you like to mix with with? I think Iā€™ve got 10 or 12 chocolaty concentrates now, all different and mostly decent in their own right. Let me know if your looking for a specific accent, maybe I can point you in the right direction. Several other ā€œchocolatiersā€ around here too. Welcome!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve bought a few chocolate concentrates and did try a ā€˜mixā€™ but wasnā€™t too sure about it. Iā€™m just waiting for some little glass bottles to arrive and think Iā€™l make a small amount of each individually and see what I think. I also love caramel, custard and creamy flavours (and no calories YAY!)
Trouble is trying them, gets expensive on coils. Looks like I might need to learn to make my own so can sample by dripping, which of course then means more equipment doh!

4 Likes

Hi All,
Been hanging around for a little while thought I should introduce myself.
I have been off the stinkies for close to 5 years now thanks to vaping after 35 years of trying to kill myself with them. Been a DIYer for some time but not really been doing it properly. Tended to just throw some base and flavours at one another and see what come out. A few have been good but as I never kept records I could never recreate anything. So have decided to take things a little more seriously so here I am. Looking forward to the learning process.

12 Likes

Welcome @Steve698 :raised_hand:

3 Likes

@Flavour_Clouds @Sparkky @WorkingTurk & @Steve698, welcome to theā€¦

best forum ever!! :tada:

Glad to have all of you here!!

13 Likes

Yes, and expensive quickly!
I think the single best way to enhance your DIY journey (aside from SF testing) is by learning to make your own coils (and obviously, having equipment that uses/allows you to use said coils, whether RDA, RTA, etc).

But, take the average $15 for a 5 pack of cartridges.
That same money, will buy a roll of wire, that will allow you to make (at a minimum) 40-50 coils (if you wrap them yourself). Roughly 10 times the savings.

Add in the fact that some wire types can be dry burned, doubling the life spanā€¦ More savings. Add in, the convenience of changing wick the instant taste starts to not be optimalā€¦ Awesome benefit!

Honestly, outside of having physical/dexterity issues preventing such (though coils can still be purchased cheaply enough), the ability to change cotton on the fly alone, is worth learning to coil IMO.
Never mind the cost savings!

It quickly pays for itself though! :wink:

5 Likes

I know what you meant, but itā€™s far more than double! I get 2-3 months out of my coils before I have to toss them. Itā€™s cotton that kills disposables far too soon.

Definitely consider DIY decks! Heck, you can just buy pre-wound coils in any configuration, metal, and resistance you want and still come out FAR ahead of disposables if you donā€™t want to ā€˜buildā€™ your own yet. It is a must-do for this hobby, and so well worth it.

5 Likes

Oops, forgot an intro.

Hi Everyone, TW12 here. Been vaping for approaching three years, DIY mixing nearly two. Great place you have here.

11 Likes