Best Sub Ohm Tanks of 2015

What and where would you suggest purchasing tools or kit, wire and gauge etc.

You can use a coiler kit, but itā€™s not good for spaced wrap coils. I use a small metric screwdriver set to wrap coils. 1mm-3mm. Post a general question and someone may lead you to a good deal.

1 Like

I must say the single rba head is still pretty kick ass specialy since I just started to kill it with the stainless tc on the cube omg itā€™s crazy I will get the dual but this is very very much like dripping!!!

oh and I ran out of likes allā€¦ like like like like like

2 Likes

Two! A white and a black. DIdnā€™t you see my review?! :wink: hehe

Yes. Donā€™t discount the single coil RBA - itā€™s still brilliant :smile:

1 Like

Yeah I did, sorry, I was speaking more towards the kit I won and I didnā€™t see it listed so didnā€™t know if it was just standard with all kits/TFV4 but it sounds like it is!

Iā€™ll get both the RBAs and use the single for now until I get additional wire

2 Likes

Btw your kit has a vape band, or a ā€œNon slip silicone ringā€ as they call it :smile:

http://www.smoktech.com/coludmachine-kit

2 Likes

Ahh thatā€™s what that is, thanks! I think I just assumed it was an extra O-ring or something- Nice thanks Lars!

I really wish I was getting the black though but they are sending the silver

1 Like

Is the black one out yet?

2 Likes

says in stock?

1 Like

I used a code to bring it to 57.90 and I cant find it now :fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful:

Not yet, they said they packaged all the stainless steel ones because the black arenā€™t ready yet and wont be until post sweepstakes
I was really hoping I would have the option but Iā€™m not going to complain over FREE!!

But I wanted the black so I can easily tell my 2 cubes apartā€¦Iā€™m not sure if I will pay the extra to unlock everything on my second one because I really donā€™t use the TC option and havenā€™t ever had issues with dry wicks

1 Like

You donā€™t have to pay twice - You just log in with your account, and it activates on the second mod! :smile: Thatā€™s my understanding at least!

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m not sure about that because I never actually paid to unlock it on the first one, otherwise youā€™re probably correct. I bought it with TC unlock already :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, yes, but if you buy something on one mod, then it you can activate it on other mods as well :smile:

2 Likes

I bought the Aspire Triton. The air flow is very good but I donā€™t like the flavor from this tank and the coils. The coils make the liquid taste funny and the tank came out of the box smelling like machine oil. I had to let the tank sit in a distilled water/vodka bath for two days to break down the residual oil and then I boiled it again in distilled water to make sure there was no machine oil toxins. It also has to sit and dry out for two days because you cant tear it apart to get the water out of it. Aspire kind of disappointed me with this one.

Glad ya said that about the Triton @Maureeenie I almost bought one of those, but went a got another Herakles instead since my step daughter ā€œstoleā€ my other one.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on with Aspire coils. I Never Liked Their 0.5 coil. I just read that as of 8/26 they are phased out of production and being replaced by the Triton 0.4 ohm coil. The 0.4 has the same larger sized juice ports as the 0.3 ohm Atlantis V2 coil. They are all interchangeable with mist of there sub ohm tanks. I truly believe that the smaller ports are the issue. I have 7 or 8 that I have for emergency but they stink. I love the tanks when you are using genuine Aspire and either 0.3 or 0.4 ohms. Donā€™t count Aspire tanks out when using either of those 2 coils.

I have the Triton as well. I find the flavour is off. It improved drastically when I did the vodka bath to clean it (many thanks to @Maureeenie for that!). Many of the staff at my local b&m use the Triton with the .4 ohm coils and rave about them. However, each of them vapes the Triton at about 45 Watts(+/- 3.) The coils themselves state an operating range of 25 - 30 Watts, so that is about 50% higher than the stated maximum.

I just thought I would pass this along in case it helps the owners of Tritons.

Cheers

1 Like

Aww, thanks Jimmer :slight_smile: You know it is really kind of messed upā€¦ when you take the coil out of the box you almost salivate because itā€™s so big you can almost see lightning coming out of the clouds coming ā€¦and thenā€¦ bleck! What happened to my juice?!

I did run that coil through another 2 vodka/distilled water bath in the ultrasonic again. I want to see if I can fix this taste problem. I havenā€™t completely given up on this tank/coil combo yet. The guys at the vape shop (the people selling them) when you ask them directly they sayā€¦ ā€œNyaaahhhā€¦ the coils last about a weekā€ and they get a funny look on their on their face,

Is the Triton better using the rba deck or does it still taste weak?