Best Sub Ohm Tanks of 2015

I have used the .4 and the 1.8 aspire coil.

It’s not “weak” its more…how do you say…“yuck”. The juice tasted funny.

I think they aren’t getting the machine oils cleaned out of their fitted low ohm or 1.8 coils (or the tank). The performance of those coils is fine, they just taste funny.

I wonder if it’s like the stock coils I’ve been using on the Herakles, they taste “odd” for a good tank or two at least, best I can describe it would be as if they starched their cotton (ya know starch like what you would use to starch clothing with). To me they (the stock coils) almost taste like that.

wow…i have the triton and i carry it daily…i love the flavor i get from it. i run it at about 60-65 watts…i have it on the new istick 100w mod…hell, i think the triton gets better flavor than the crown…

3 Likes

Basically the same feeling I have towards the Herakles, really like the tank, better than the Crown I was using… I’m still half on the fence on getting the Triton, are you using stock coils or the rba?

1 Like

I think @Whiterose0818 has identified my problem…I’m not hitting it with enough watts. I will reserve final judgement until I get my X Cube II so I can give it more oomph! It seems strange, however, that you need to exceed the wattage that the manufacturer recommends (25-30 watts) for the coils (I’m talking about the .4 ohm coils in this case.)

1 Like

the RBA was completely lame for me…i use the stock coils…lowest ohms i can find, SS, .3 ohms, i think, cant remember

just because they recommend it, doesnt mean we hafta do it…fit it to YOUR needs!

What build and wire did you use? I’m just curious because some tanks get bad reps because of how people use them.

I find a huge improvement just switching to a Ti build.

Most Ti users know this to be true.

Then again it’s all subjective and some like anything that’s above average… which the stock SS are definitely above average.

very true, brother…i guarantee i didnt use Ti because i didnt have any back then…looks like the RBA is gonna get a second chance…
the main problem i had with the Triton RBA was it just didnt get enough juice in my wick, so maybe i need to make some alterations AND bust out the Ti…

Does it have a single or dual deck? The crown has a single which is good when I build with 22g Ti. Before I got the 22g I used the 26g and wasn’t very impressed with it.

single…i tried finding the dimensions for you, but i’m kinda busy at work today…theres not much room in there and access is limited…

I’ve never seen a RBA like that. That really look odd. I see what you mean about the wicking. I looks like a bad RBA design. It’s not meant for super low ohm builds.

Ti really drink juice, so you need real good wicking for it. I’d probably bore it out.

2 Likes

yup…that would be the alterations i spoke of, lol…

2 Likes

I became spoiled with RDA tanks. My personal favorite is the
Epoch D1 – a dual coil build that has all the flavor of an RDA. The tank simply
rocks – but there is a learning curve with the juice flow control and the top
fill. In order to fill it the flow control has to be closed then once it’s
filled, turned upside down to re-open it back up. Otherwise it floods big time –
took me a bit to figure it out. Now it’s second nature, never a dry hit with
max VG and the taste… phenomenal

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pau7sn9Mj][/URL]

1 Like

I read some good reviews and a few concerns. Overall most owners says it gives awesome flavor. Most described it similar to the billow v1 with better airflow and wicking with top fill. Like you said also it will dump a tank of juice if your not careful.

1 Like

Yep - The review is pretty much spot on. I had read this review before my purchase (I missed the fill procedure though). I never really had an issue with wicking though. The one thing I would disagree with is they say it’s pretty much for lung hitters - I’m a mouth to lung guy and do a .8 - .9 dual coil and it’s great. I just had to learn how to keep it from flooding on a fill - good stuff…thanks

I’m looking for a tank to back-up or replace my subtank mini. Would anyone have a recommendation from the following criteria?

1. Not very interested in stock coils, I like to build so RTA or tanks with RDA heads only. Single coil deck preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
  2. Do not want to use a screwdriver to refill the tank.
  3. Bonus points for available in a black finish.
  4. Not looking to spend more than $50.
  5. Tank will be going on kbox mini, so 50W is the upper limit (for now).

My first inclination is to just get another subtank mini, but is there some device I really ought to try? Something that will be much better when I eventually get around to upgrading to a TC mod?

1 Like

one tank for all… it’s only posted a couple times here but THE TFV4

1 Like

Yes, TFV4, or the Crown (with the RBA-addon) and possibly the Billow v2 are good RTAs :smile:

3 Likes