Blueberry Extra suggestions

I’ve got a good blueberry recipe that I’ve been using Cappella Blueberry but some people says the blueberry needs to pop more. I’m considering TFA Blueberry extra.
What are your thoughts???

2 Likes

I would definitely consider layering blueberries (adding more than one). IIRC FW Blueberry is also used by many.

@BoDarc has ingeniously discovered that adding a drop of banana makes blueberry pop.

I always struggle with blueberry - find it a really pale vape (I struggle to taste it)

You might wanna wait for further input though - I’m no elite mixer :+1:

13 Likes

Yeah i generally mix 2-3 different blueberries to get a more realistic blueberry.
Bilberry FA, Blueberry Wild TFA, Blueberry Extra TFA make for a better blueberry and to use @Lolly word gives you not such a Pale Vape. Adding a touch of banana might also help making the blueberry pop a little.

6 Likes

I struggle with Blueberry always have done, I get a pale vape too but thats just my personal view, ive tried to make several blueberry cheesecakes but not being an elite mixer ive never managed it, theyve always ended up pretty vague, ill def try the banana idea though thats sounds like a positively viable option :ok_hand: thanks!

6 Likes

I want too try this from New Amsterdam Blueberry Lemon Dessert, waithing fore more ingridence :grinning:
Blueberry Lemon Dessert

1 Like

Yeah, of the several I’ve tried, FW blueberry trumps TFA BB extra every day of the week. But that’s if I had to pick one.

I have to agree with others though, in that combining different vendors blueberry flavorings are probably your best bet.

So far, I’ve not found “a blueberry killer” (the one that ends the search for the perfect blueberry). However, FW is definitely my number 1 by a long shot, with TFA BB extra, in a lagging second place. Lorann failed, and FA bilberry was not an American blueberry at all (total disappointment to my taste buds’ expectations) but still a nice flavor.

4 Likes

This one is a little heavy and sweet. Plus it has too much flavoring for most people (maybe reduce a bit?), but I like it:

3 Likes

Is the FA and tpa supposed to be the other way? 8% billberry FA seems high. Just wondering.

No, I like the darker flavor of the billberry. The blueberry extra is just there to give it a little pop.

My White Whale is The Downside by The Schwartz. It seems to be not as perfect after the Diacetyl/Acetoin scare (reformulated?) but it was amazing …in my memory. The realistic blueberry was right up front with a sour/tart grainy yogurt exhale. Literally like vaping a BB Greek Yogurt. BB mixes all had BB in the middle for me and I never could get a fruit forward realistic BB.

Adding juuust enough Banana (Used Loranns Banana Cream and Banana SC RF) to not make it taste like banana has paired well with BB and adds like a fleshyness that moves the BB from the middle to the front tasting note. With Real Flavors Super Concentrated Banana that’s just 0.25% and Banana Cream (LA) 0.75% . Now I think I need some of @Bob_Bitchen’s Sour Cream (OOO) :wink:

5 Likes

@BoDarc
The Sour Cream is

I originally got it for the Cucumber-Onion but it’s found it way into a dozen additional recipes so far that I wanted a tang and not a sweet from.

4 Likes

i tried few tweaks to bring BB forward in a mix and make it stronger, mostly inspired from other threads here in ELR from the experts.
i tried adding a hint of Raspberry, Lemon, Banana, SB Ripe, sweetener, ACV and they all work to a certain extent - the best thing that really works for me now is to add 2 to 4% BB Jam (CAP) - depends on how sweet and strong i want the BB. gets the job done… hope it works for you,
fell in love with CAP BB Jam since then.

3 Likes

All I vape are fruit and fruits mixed with candy. I agree with the advice here to mix several blueberries. I usually will use FW Blueberry, TFA Blueberry Extra, TFA Blueberry Wild in varying amounts depending on what I am trying to do. Although I like CAP berries, they tend to get too floral for me if I mix them at amounts where I can actually taste the berry, so I mainly use them as additives or enhancers. The CAP Blackberry adds a nice touch sometimes. The TFA Blueberry candy can work if you need more sweetness. I also agree with the CAP Blueberry Jam suggestion, but I usually use less than 2%. Going for the “pop” I like to use lemon or lemon lime, but most of the time I really like CAP Italian Lemon Sicily at 0.25% - 1%. It can add that nice mouth feel and adds both tartness and sweetness like you get with berries.

6 Likes

I use blue berry extra and… Bilberry to bump up that blue berry flavor
a little juicy lemon ( for me) makes blueberry pop

2 Likes

If I mix it with Blue Raz… just a teeny bit.

1 Like

Oh man I don’t dare try that. I could go down a rabbit hole quickly with Sour Cream.

2 Likes

This is very close to my recipe… Capella replaces the Bliberry is all…

Dang, this is why I love this forum, always learning something new. I am not a banana guy, but I have some Signature Juicy Fruit which is very heavy on the banana. So when I was making up a 60ml batch of my favorite strawberry juice, I put 8 drops in and there is a real difference. It really helps the strawberry come out, so the banana works on other berries too.

5 Likes

Adding banana to bb really makes it pop… learnt it the hard way…

maybe also a little juicy lemon ?