Bust-A-Nut - How should it taste

How do you feel about changing PG/VG ratio? I normally vape 40/60 but the recipe calls max 35/65 which IMO is not too far off?
Wonder what @Alisa and the others think?

1 Like

I donā€™t think that would be drastic enough to make a distinct change.

1 Like

I canā€™t see how anyone could take an offense to that comment, to me it was an implied ā€œfixā€ to their tastesā€¦ like with me and coconut extraā€¦ I canā€™t vape itā€¦ learned the hard way with literally a liter or so of different mixes, so if I have a recipe Iā€™ve gotten from someone that has coconut extra Iā€™m going to fix whomsoever recipe it isā€¦ offense shouldnā€™t be implied for anyone to make adjustments for what they are making in the diy world. If you wish put a disclaimer on your recipes saying you canā€™t make this if you donā€™t have the exact thingsā€¦ kinda silly if ya ask me though. Itā€™s also one of the reasons Iā€™m not too keen on publishing how I make recipes upā€¦ Iā€™d give ā€œThe Naked Chefā€ a whole new meaningā€¦ (havenā€™t seen Jamie Oliver on the tube in a while come to think about it).

4 Likes

I did not say it was me. I just was tryin to maybe shed light on what was goin on here. If you hadnā€™t noticed some tempers kind of flared. I was giving reasons as to maybe why. Thatā€™s all I was trying to do here. To maybe smooth some things out, so we can get the help that is needed. The other points were just suggestions to maybe further his knowledge.

3 Likes

lolololā€¦
ya got me laughing nowā€¦ I wasnā€™t trying to pick on ya, just making comments alsoā€¦ if were not careful weā€™ll be getting into a spin off debate alsoā€¦ lolol

2 Likes

LOL, I am ready if you are.

Look ma, I joined the giphy gang!

11 Likes

Hi guys,

I still think itā€™s s change in VG/PG ratio problem.

I will order the exact same ingredients I finally found a vendor that does all the concentrates to send easily in Australia. So can get everything.

Note I like at last 50pg for throat hit. VG max max mixes donā€™t do it for me at the moment.

Ok so I have 2 things I want to observe. Adjusting flavour with PG ratio adjustment. Substitution impact.

1. Iā€™ll make the recipe to the mark. Max VG, etc steep 1 week (control/reference mix)

2 Iā€™ll make the recipe to the mark. Max VG, steep 1 week but substitute the 2 flavours I originally substituted.

1. Iā€™ll make the recipe 50/50 PG and adjust flavour 20% no substitutions (I did 10% & substitutions)

2. Iā€™ll make the recipe 50/50 PG and adjust flavour 20% with substitutions.

This should allow me to get some decent evidence & experience the effects of these changes directly. Iā€™ll use the same mod, tank & coil(stock) to do the test as a control. May even get a friend to put the mixes into tanks blindly to remove bias.

Iā€™ll let you know the outcome of my results. My next flavour order wonā€™t be for a week or two. So I wonā€™t have y observation for say 3 -4 weeks, with steeping time.

I just thought Iā€™ll make a fresh batch of the control to have a no steep test too. Thatā€™ll add a good observation for steep effect.

Ok guys, Iā€™ll do that and write up the results. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

I also have not had any trouble with BAN tasting like mocha, but itā€™s one of those thingsā€¦if itā€™s not for you, itā€™s not for you. Or maybe if they were rebottled, one of the flavors you used was too strong or too weak. I donā€™t get the pepper people talk about either with VBIC. But I do think Glazed Doughnut tastes like playdoh and Flavorah Pralines tastes like dirty mushrooms. Everyoneā€™s got that lil hiccup theyā€™ve gotta get past. Maybe a sub IS needed for one of the flavors so that it is more to your liking. Regardless, looking forward to hearing what you come up with. Never know who else may have this problem and find their answer in this thread. Assuming, of course, they use the search. :wink:

4 Likes

Just fyi, what happened was I was asking for help and got told that I was being unfair in the process. Pissed me right off, rightly so. Then I over reacted woops. Better now.

Giphy level 42 reached

3 Likes

7 Likes

I think you will find the one with 50/50 to be too sweet IMHO. PG does add a sweetness to your mix. Are all your flavors PG or VG?

They are FW, CAP & TPA so I think PG.

Iā€™d love to see a thread purely communicating with gifā€™s. Not sure how to ask for recipe advice that way though.

2 Likes

itā€™s BAN manā€¦itā€™s like the ELR holy grailā€¦

youā€™re lucky to be alive reallyā€¦

Liam Neeson was literally dialling your phone numberā€¦

:grin:

6 Likes

Are you factoring in that your PG is also in your flavors?

@Pugs1970 I know your being tongue in cheek ( I assume), there arenā€™t a lot of tthreads get the interest this recipe advice has

1 Like

my tongue is pretty much coming through my cheek 99% of the time ā€¦

you get used to it :smirk:

4 Likes

I used ELR and have my flavours in my stash, they are all correctly assigned. I then decided to reduce all the flavourings equally by 10% because of my increase in PG.
because I was substituting 2 flavours I realised that the strength might not be precisely the same.

For example Bavarian Cream FW was substituted with TPA
I looked up each ones average single flavour percentage
FW 8.9%
TPA 6.2%
6.2/8.9=69.66%
And adjusted accordingly, I know itā€™s not perfect. But itā€™ll be a good solution.
The other ingredient I subbed was Sweetener FW with super sweet CAP using the same methodology. I have subsequently found out that super sweet CAP may not be a pure sucralose. So Iā€™ll take that into account. If someone can tell me what CAP super sweet is made up of that would help. The internet says it could be 20% sucralose solution or sucralose unknown percentage with some other bits and bobs.

Anyways, Iā€™m confident my tests will reveal a whole deal of information to me. Not only that Iā€™ll have all the exact same ingredients so can eliminate as a variable.

My end goal is - if I like it, then find the same mix but with higher PG. As a bonus Iā€™ll also learn a little about substitutions, the effects of super sweet CAP and how much to adjust recipes if changing PG/VG ratios.

1 Like

If a picture tells a story of a thousand words

A good giphy could probably get upwards of 83 at most.